AKguy

Time frame for Moscow to send out packets?

60 posts in this topic

As far as I know the packet is sent via Russian Post. When the visa is shipped, it is sent via DHL but she has to pay for it. Nobody's paying extra for the packet to be sent out and I don't really see Uncle Sugar footing the bill for that one either.

I'm not 100% though since I never received one, so correct me if I'm wrong.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

As far as I know the packet is sent via Russian Post. When the visa is shipped, it is sent via DHL but she has to pay for it. Nobody's paying extra for the packet to be sent out and I don't really see Uncle Sugar footing the bill for that one either.

I'm not 100% though since I never received one, so correct me if I'm wrong.

Russian post can take several days even within the same city! A month for a long distance letter is usual when the system is functioning OK. Means not now. Why the envelope is yellow I do not understand than.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

DOS just told me interview is scheduled for May 19. This is much later than we could expect!

How long should I wait before beginning to send emails to the embassy inquiring about our interview date? Obviously, we are anxious to know her interview date so that we can begin to plan and prepare... Or, should I just call DOS instead and ask them about the interview date?

Jim

Jim & Irina

Timeline

I tried to call Moscow to find out if they received our case but they want $12 per call so I just emailed them instead.

15-Dec-2009 I-129F Sent

17-Dec-2009 NOA-1

18-Mar-2010 NOA-2

23-Mar-2010 NVC Received

26-Mar-2010 NVC Sent to Consulate

29-Mar-2010 The embassy received our case

15-June-2010 Interview

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

How long should I wait before beginning to send emails to the embassy inquiring about our interview date? Obviously, we are anxious to know her interview date so that we can begin to plan and prepare... Or, should I just call DOS instead and ask them about the interview date?

Jim

The Embassy alone schedules the interviews; DOS don't know jack.

The Embassy does their own background checks and this takes about three weeks to do. If you look at our timeline you'll have a good idea of their current status; I don't remember when I first learned, about the end of August I believe. She received her packet about a week later. But you don't need the packet, read up on similar posts here in this forum for more details on what to do and where to get the Embassy-specific documents.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

The Embassy alone schedules the interviews; DOS don't know jack.

The Embassy does their own background checks and this takes about three weeks to do. If you look at our timeline you'll have a good idea of their current status; I don't remember when I first learned, about the end of August I believe. She received her packet about a week later. But you don't need the packet, read up on similar posts here in this forum for more details on what to do and where to get the Embassy-specific documents.

I have all of the necessary docs, etc. I was just looking for amount of time to interview, etc. Your info. is very helpful, thanks! What kind of checks does the embassy do? Do they check her, me, or both of us? I was under the impression that the VSC/NVC did all of the checks on me. I just want to know everything about the process...

Jim

Jim & Irina

Timeline

The example forms are your friend:

Example forms.

I-134 example form.

Thanks for the info Mox, this is how I completed my I134...

Jim

The example forms are your friend:

Example forms.

I-134 example form.

Perhaps someone can make a form for making waiting a bit easier...

Jim

Jim & Irina

Timeline

Just got my email replied to.. Embassy said that they sent out our package on march 2nd.. My girl still has not got it.. so we wait..

Also, just for everyone's info, they told me fee is only 131 not 400..

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Moscow, Russia

I-129F Sent : 2009-11-20

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-11-23

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-02-09

NVC Received : 2010-02-16

NVC Left : 2010-02-19

Consulate Received : 2010-02-25

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2010-04-28

Interview Result : Approved 2010-04-28

Second Interview

(If Required):

Second Interview Result:

Visa Received : 2010-05-05

US Entry : 2010-05-07

Marriage :

Comments :

Timeline

OK. She has got the package from the Moscow embassy. It was sent by a regular mail, not by the DHL as I thought. It took about a week for the package to arrive.

Timeline

Well like I said AKguy and I are on very similar timelines. I just heard

from my girl that she has received her embassy package

today. It was sent out 2nd march.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Moscow, Russia

I-129F Sent : 2009-11-20

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-11-23

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-02-09

NVC Received : 2010-02-16

NVC Left : 2010-02-19

Consulate Received : 2010-02-25

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2010-04-28

Interview Result : Approved 2010-04-28

Second Interview

(If Required):

Second Interview Result:

Visa Received : 2010-05-05

US Entry : 2010-05-07

Marriage :

Comments :

Timeline

Ah yeah, they don't send it via DHL. Sorry if anyone here gave you that impression.

That was actually me who gave people that impression! I made a correlation "(yellow envelope) - (color envelopes in Russian post) - (other popular express couriers in Russia) == DHL". Well, "==" should be replaced with "~=" that is not the same :) So, that is me who should say sorry to people.

Well, our package was sent not earlier than March 22. So, about a week for delivery. But it is St.-Petersburg after all. Smaller cities far away can get a significant delay. There are also tigers in Siberia who just love postmen :) So, I would not count on the package 3 and 4 arrival at all.

Timeline

And I've heard no word about Anna getting anything from the Embassy yet... At least there is some hope if you two got them.

11/13/2009 -- Mailed I-129F

11/17/2009 -- Received NOA 1

02/10/2010 -- NOA 2 Mailed

02/16/2010 -- NOA 2 Received (via email)

02/19/2010 -- Petition forwarded to Moscow

04/23/2010 -- Scheduled Interview - SUCCESS

07/20/2010 -- Entrance to USA POE Anchorage

08/21/2010 -- Wedding

11/04/2010 -- Mailed AOS

01/25/2011 -- AOS Interview - SUCCESS

Member of the RUB group, where high horses meet low brows.

Timeline

And I've heard no word about Anna getting anything from the Embassy yet... At least there is some hope if you two got them.

The embassy received our docs from the NVC at the beginning of Feb. The letter my fiancee received was postmarked March 4, and she didn't receive it in Chelyabinsk until a week and a half ago - of course the original interview date was today. That's an april fools joke on us. We rescheduled the interview to May 11. I hope you don't get your envelope with the interview date is already passed. the good thing is the embassy is helpful in changing dates (at $12/minute they should be) and they didn't seemed surprised that we received the packet so close to the interview date. Good Luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.