La Souris

Montreal Visitors

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I thought this may be of interest for some of you...

Summary: soon, it will be cheaper than ever to get from the airport to downtown. More stops than the Aerobus, so a shuttle may be unnecessary (depending on your hotel location).

http://stm.info/English/info/a-747.htm

Take flight with the STM

On March 29, the STM will introduce a new bus service, the 747 Express.

Featuring nine stops in each direction, the 747 service will be provided 24 hours a day, 365 days a year between Montréal’s central bus terminal (Berri-UQAM metro station) and Montréal-Trudeau airport.

Highly anticipated, this shuttle service should fulfill the expectations of airport employees and of the countless people travelling between downtown and Montréal-Trudeau airport. The eight new buses, specially-designed for this service, are easily identified by their airborne look: [picture]

Buses on the 747 route are equipped with three luggage racks for the convenience of travellers. The $7 fare is payable in cash aboard the bus. It also provides travellers with a transit pass valid on the STM bus and metro network for the next 24 hours.

Other public transit fares can also be used for the express service, at no additional cost, including regular and reduced fare weekly and monthly CAM cards, 1-day and 3-day passes, and monthly TRAM cards, for zones 1 to 8.

For more information, click here (pdf).

Edited by La Souris

Timeline
The $7 fare is payable in cash aboard the bus. It also provides travellers with a transit pass valid on the STM bus and metro network for the next 24 hours.

Sounds like the $7 cash fare essentially gets you the a one-day tourist pass, which is also $7. All in all, pretty good deal. :)

Pauley on Twitter

Pauley on Facebook

Wedding photos on Flickr

*** If you add me on Twitter or Facebook from here, let me know who you are so I don't ignore/block you out-of-hand 'cause I don't recognize you! :)

I thought this may be of interest for some of you...

Summary: soon, it will be cheaper than ever to get from the airport to downtown. More stops than the Aerobus, so a shuttle may be unnecessary (depending on your hotel location).

http://stm.info/English/info/a-747.htm

Take flight with the STM

On March 29, the STM will introduce a new bus service, the 747 Express.

Featuring nine stops in each direction, the 747 service will be provided 24 hours a day, 365 days a year between Montréal’s central bus terminal (Berri-UQAM metro station) and Montréal-Trudeau airport.

Highly anticipated, this shuttle service should fulfill the expectations of airport employees and of the countless people travelling between downtown and Montréal-Trudeau airport. The eight new buses, specially-designed for this service, are easily identified by their airborne look: [picture]

Buses on the 747 route are equipped with three luggage racks for the convenience of travellers. The $7 fare is payable in cash aboard the bus. It also provides travellers with a transit pass valid on the STM bus and metro network for the next 24 hours.

Other public transit fares can also be used for the express service, at no additional cost, including regular and reduced fare weekly and monthly CAM cards, 1-day and 3-day passes, and monthly TRAM cards, for zones 1 to 8.

For more information, click here (pdf).

Thanks for the great info, I will actually be heading that way in a few weeks so this helps a lot :)

Timeline
Sounds like the $7 cash fare essentially gets you the a one-day tourist pass, which is also $7. All in all, pretty good deal. :)

That is also my understanding, I'm not sure tourists will be able to buy the other passes (3 and 7 days) on the bus though, but it's still a good deal.

Thanks for the great info, I will actually be heading that way in a few weeks so this helps a lot :)

Happy to help :)

Timeline
That is also my understanding, I'm not sure tourists will be able to buy the other passes (3 and 7 days) on the bus though, but it's still a good deal.

The link I posted details which locations sell the 1- and 3- day passes. Until the "tourist" season starts at the end of April, you can only get them in three places; the range opens up after that through the summer.

Pauley on Twitter

Pauley on Facebook

Wedding photos on Flickr

*** If you add me on Twitter or Facebook from here, let me know who you are so I don't ignore/block you out-of-hand 'cause I don't recognize you! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.