jarl

passport of minor child

7 posts in this topic

i called the passport office,if they can verify regarding my child passport if still valid. they cannot answer i have to write letter to the cousilor office lost or stolen passport, and i have to wait the cousilor office at the washington dc. when they gonna reply, its really depressing.

then i cant obtain new passport need consent to the father. and theirs no way he sign for consent. he just playing around. i am in a hard situition now. i dont know if he says the truth or not?

i need advice regarding my child passport ,, and thank you so much

04/08/2013 received NOA1 1-130 FOR PARENT

????????

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
i called the passport office,if they can verify regarding my child passport if still valid. they cannot answer i have to write letter to the cousilor office lost or stolen passport, and i have to wait the cousilor office at the washington dc. when they gonna reply, its really depressing.

then i cant obtain new passport need consent to the father. and theirs no way he sign for consent. he just playing around. i am in a hard situition now. i dont know if he says the truth or not?

I have a child from a previously relationship that I took with me to the Philippines to meet my Fiancee, but I have sole custody of my daughter. The instructions are very clear on the application no passport will be issued without both parents there in person. I had no problem because I showed them my custody order. Sorry, probably what you don't want to hear, but will he not go in person with you.

Edited by Mike N Julie

qip3dmkzd14e.png

01/05/12 - Mailed I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions.

01/09/12 - Petiton arrived us VSC.

11/15/12 - Wife Received ten year PR Card.

The passport office will not give you, me, or anyone info over the phone, how do they know who's who! :blink:

You need to follow the instructions given to you by the office.

Complete Form DS-11: Application for a U.S. Passport. To submit Form DS-11, the minor:

Must apply in person with both parents/guardian(s)

Must provide the additional documentation required by Form DS-11 (See Steps 2-7)

Must not sign the application until instructed to do so by the Acceptance Agent

Must provide your SSN in accordance with 26 U.S.C. 6039E

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

I have a child from a previously relationship that I took with me to the Philippines to meet my Fiancee, but I have sole custody of my daughter. The instructions are very clear on the application no passport will be issued without both parents there in person. I had no problem because I showed them my custody order. Sorry, probably what you don't want to hear, but will he not go in person with you.

From the OP's past threads about this subject, it sound like relationship has gone with the wind. The father more then likely wishes the child not leave the U.S. And she is trying to find a way around the passport regulations

"i cant obtain new passport need consent to the father. and theirs no way he sign for consent. he just playing around. i am in a hard situition now. i dont know if he says the truth or not"?

Passport Issuance to Children under Age 16:

As of February 1, 2008 as provided by 22 C.F.R. 51.1, both parents are required to execute the passport application for a minor child under age 16. Please refer to our flyer U.S. Passport Applications for Children Under Age 16 for further information. If you believe that your child, no matter his or her age, may be abducted internationally, immediately contact the Office of Children's Issues and inform appropriate law enforcement officials. Information regarding the issuance of a passport to a minor is available to either parent, regardless of custody rights, as long as the requesting parents' rights have not been terminated.

The Department of State's Passport Namecheck Clearance System is a system to alert you when an application for a U.S. passport is made. In order for our office to notify an objecting parent, our office will need to have in our files the parent's request and a copy of a document such as a birth certificate or court order of guardianship that shows the relationship between the child and the objecting parent. This is not a system for tracking the use of a passport. Once a passport is issued, its use is not tracked or controlled by the Department of State. There are no exit controls for American citizens leaving the United States. This system can be used to inform a parent or a court when an application for a U.S. passport is executed on behalf of a child. The alert system generally remains in effect until each child turns 18. It is very important that parents keep us informed in writing of any changes to contact information and legal representation. Failure to notify this Office of a current address may result in a passport issuance for your child without your consent.

You can get a passport for your child even without the consent of the father. I was able to get my 2 kids their passport without my appearance since am here in the US and without the father's consent. If you have SPA and necessary documents for the guardian of ur child then there would be no problem in getting the passport.This is if you aretalking about getting a Phil. passport, if it's US passport then it's a different story.

Edited by happywifeymom

You can get a passport for your child even without the consent of the father. I was able to get my 2 kids their passport without my appearance since am here in the US and without the father's consent. If you have SPA and necessary documents for the guardian of ur child then there would be no problem in getting the passport.This is if you aretalking about getting a Phil. passport, if it's US passport then it's a different story.

FYI (The child has a US passport! past threads from the OP) sounds like with all the questions she does not have guardianship or legal custody.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.