Gyspy

America/Australia March Posting

157 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Relief ohh what relief...Our RFE was because my sweetie did not tick a box on page 2 of the F129 form ...You would think that using a lawyer things like that would not be missed so I am a little pissed off. :angry:

But today is another day and by tomorrow hopefully Vermont will have the form back. Hopefully then it won't be too longer.

Kathy:yes:

Timeline

Grats Kathy, easy sailing now i hope.

Went and got my fingerprints done last Thursday. The police don't actually do anything with them.

They hand them to you all notarized and stamped,so you can send them off to who ever asked for them.

But they do send of the police clearance check. It cost $154. You are suppose to fill out the form

online and take it in with you. I was lucky and the officer did mine for me.

http://www.academicsltd.com.au/downloads/South%20Aus%20Police%20Check.pdf this is the link for the app.

When I went to the Sturt police station, the officer took me out the back to lock-up to take my prints.

Because it was for a visa they had to do ink prints instead of the electronic version.

they do each individual finger and thumb rolled from left to right, then they do all fingers together from tip

to where they join palm, then they do palm , then side of hand (little finger side) and lastly thumbs again

rolled from top to bottom. Stamp it, sign it and put it in an envelope for you to send.

Also rang the doctor for my medical, the receptionist was soooo nice.

The doctor has created a pamphlet to let you know what you need to do before seeing him, x-rays, bloods, etc.

(Apparently they take blood to check for, not HIV that's not important but for .... Syphilis.

I didn't even know Syphilis existed.)

Anyway she is posting that tonight so i will get the information tomorrow.

For South Aussie posters the doctor is:

Dr David Miller

183 Tynte St

North Adelaide

ok will let you know more as it comes along

Timeline

Hi Gypsy ...Thanks for the update...

How long do you have to wait to get into see Dr Miller?

Our lawyer told me that they take your fingerprints at the consulate..I was going to organize this but he said to wait till the interview.

If anyone else knows if this has to be done prior to the interview please let me know.

Hope all goes well for you Gypsy..Keep the information coming ... I really appreciate it Kathy

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi Gypsy ...Thanks for the update...

How long do you have to wait to get into see Dr Miller?

Our lawyer told me that they take your fingerprints at the consulate..I was going to organize this but he said to wait till the interview.

If anyone else knows if this has to be done prior to the interview please let me know.

Hope all goes well for you Gypsy..Keep the information coming ... I really appreciate it Kathy

You should get rid of your lawyer. You organise the PCC before your interview. They do not do it at the Consulate. I'm doing CR1 so the process is a bit different but I'm pretty sure for K1 in Aus you send the PCC in when you return your P3.

Here is the link for K visa info on the Embassy's website:-

http://canberra.usembassy.gov/fiance_niv_appl.html

It lists the steps for the process so you know what your lawyer should be doing and when. Gypsy's already provided the info on the PCC's for SA. Best of luck ... :star:

OUR JOURNEY SO FAR: (dd/mm/yyyy)

18/09/09 - CR1 NOA1

16/07/10 - POE LAX (256 days NOA1 to interview)

27/09/10 - Aussie/American bun in the oven due May 10, 2011

06/01/11 - Submitted change of address online to USCIS. Mailed I-865 for sponsor. Neverending!

05/05/11 - Bouncing baby boy arrives

10/07/12 - Sent I-751

13/07/12 - I-751 NOA1

Timeline

Thanks Deb and Steve ....... Yes the PCC (police clearance certificate) we have to have from my understanding but I have read even in the reviews that people are finger printed at the consulate. You can just get a PCC for $50 or fill in the form for the PCC and fingerprints which is $154.00 ....

Thanks Deb and Steve ....... Yes the PCC (police clearance certificate) we have to have from my understanding but I have read even in the reviews that people are finger printed at the consulate. You can just get a PCC for $50 or fill in the form for the PCC and fingerprints which is $154.00 ....

THe PCC you need to have is the more expensive one -- it is a total police clearance on your name AND fingerprints. They do Biometric fingerprints at interview just as they will do them at the airport.

BWUs-1.jpg

Our Time Line:

01/31/2009 - Met Online

03/02/2009 - Reservations Made For My Flight To NH

06/11/2009 - Leave For Face To Face Meeting in NH

06/20/2009 - Last Kiss or Touch for 4 Months

07/21/2009 - Flights Booked For Eric To Come Down Under

10/17/2009 - Eric Arrives In Sydney

10/17/2009 - Eric Proposes -- YAY!

10/22/2009 - Engagement Photo Shoot In Sydney Harbour

11/01/2009 - Eric Flies Back To USA To Begin K1 Process.

12/03/2009 - I 129F FILED

12/07/2009 - NOA1

12/10/2009 - Touched

12/12/2009 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received

03/10/2010 - TOUCHED

03/10/2010 - APPROVED!!!!!

03/17/2010 - NVC Sends Petition to Sydney

03/22/2010 - Sydney Receives Petition

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Received

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Returned To Consulate

03/29/2010 - Packet 4 Received

04/06/2010 - Interview

04/06/2010 - APPROVED!!!!

04/08/2010 - Visa In Hand.

04/10/2010 - FLIGHT TO USA!!!

04/19/2010 - SSN received in mail.

06/05/2010 - MARRIED!!!

09/23/2010 - GC Approved!!!

Timeline

Hi Terri and Eric ..Thanks for clearing that up for me...started getting confused. Maybe I am reading way too much stuff. LOL

Hope all is going well for you and your enjoying your new life in the US. Kathy

Timeline

Received the doctors instructions today.

The following is a summary of what is says, but make sure you call up for it, as it has more details then i have given.

You will need your passport, 3 passport size photos and the medical examination instruction letter from the consulate.

(So no premedical until package received)

A time has to be arranged to drop these of at the doctors.

(which is in North Adelaide and the other side of town for me :( )

You will then receive in return request forms for chest x-ray and blood test.

Need to book the x-ray with Jones Radiology.

(from what the letter reads it is to be done at the prospect office. Hope not, that's another trip out north.

Will let you know when i book.)

Need to have bloods done with I.M.V.S (letter states North Adelaide again)

No appointment needed tho.

The results forwarded to Dr Miller and can take up to a week.

Then immunization as per the schedule sent to you.

They recommend a Doc but your own Doc can do them, but must supply a letter.

(I'm covered for it all so will just take the proof.)

Then you make an appointment with Dr Miller, they say that appointments are usually available within 2 - 3 weeks.

When attending the appointment make sure you have passport and all documents.

That's it.

As at the time of this letter it is quoted that the x-rays are $102.30, blood test free with medicare card and doctors

appointment $180. The doctors fee is to be paid in cash only.

Well i hope that helps, now all i can do is wait for the package from Sydney.

Good luck everyone and thanks Deb for your input.

Nice to see you are still visiting us Terri, how exciting 10 days to go.

Can't wait to start planning mine, going to wait until I'm there seeing its just going to be a civil service.

I have already asked his sister tho if she would me my maid of honor. She said yes. May even ask his dad if

he will give me away.

Timeline

So E has gone back home, and I had my medical yesterday, except that now I have to go back to my own doctor for more tests and follow up and send the results in (I was born with a hole in my heart and he wants proof that it is not a problem). I just hope this doesn't delay things too much. :huh:

Timeline

So E has gone back home, and I had my medical yesterday, except that now I have to go back to my own doctor for more tests and follow up and send the results in (I was born with a hole in my heart and he wants proof that it is not a problem). I just hope this doesn't delay things too much. :huh:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.