Punjabia

221 G Recived @ New Delhi What is processing time after submiting the documents requested by consulate.

15 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

My Fiance Recived a 221 G @ New delhi India Consulate on 1/25/10.

We Submited the required document which is PCC on 2/4/10

Currently waiting and embassy is not giving us any inforamtion more 'en this:

"still pending under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) for mandatory administrative processing. As soon as this processing is complete, we will contact you."

My Question is here is there any one who dealt with this situation and give us any sort of Estimated time how long this process generaly takes?

What other options i have to find out why they delaying this process?

- contacting congressman? or other venus?

Please reply.

Thanks,

Timeline

Adding more detail info....

Hello Everyone,

My Fiance Recived a 221 G @ New delhi India Consulate on 1/25/10. (Visa has been approved)

Request of submitting document is ....PCC (local area passport office) & will issue you visa.

Submitted

PCC (local area passport office) + Submit passport

We Submited the required document which is PCC + Passport so they can stamp the visa (Submit doc on 2/4/10 ) thorugh VFS.

Currently waiting and embassy is not giving us any inforamtion more 'en this:

"still pending under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) for mandatory administrative processing. As soon as this processing is complete, we will contact you."

My Questions?

Is there any one who dealt with this situation and give us any sort of Estimated time how long this process generaly takes?

It's going to be a month since they have the passport? Any Feedback !!

Please reply.

Thanks,

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
My Question is here is there any one who dealt with this situation and give us any sort of Estimated time how long this process generaly takes?

Please reply.

Thanks,

There is no estimated time for AP. Keep in mind that Delhi consulate is known for doing that -- it is one of their ways in preparing or laying the groundwork for subsequent denial of your visa. They will not act on your case till your I-129F petition has either expired or about to expire and then they will use that as the basis for denying your visa. Unless, they are fully satisfied with your relationship and the documents you submit, in which case you might be ok.

I suggest, do whatever you can to make them act on your AP case without loosing any time - have the congressman make a call to the CO or have the beneficiary somehow go to the consulate and make inquires.

Good Luck to you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
There is no estimated time for AP. Keep in mind that Delhi consulate is known for doing that -- it is one of their ways in preparing or laying the groundwork for subsequent denial of your visa. They will not act on your case till your I-129F petition has either expired or about to expire and then they will use that as the basis for denying your visa. Unless, they are fully satisfied with your relationship and the documents you submit, in which case you might be ok.

I suggest, do whatever you can to make them act on your AP case without loosing any time - have the congressman make a call to the CO or have the beneficiary somehow go to the consulate and make inquires.

Good Luck to you.

In thailand if you got AP and u not give what they want in 1 yr. they will denial visa

2003-XX-XXX==> Start talking2004-14-Feb==> We're LuVeR.

2007-21-Jan==> First meeting(8 days)

2007-13-May==> Second meeting(21 days)

2007-24-Dec==> Third meeting(29 days)

2008-21-Aug==> Fourth meeting(32 days)

2009-26-Nov==> Fifth meeting(82 days)

Timeline

Thanks for replies....

- Well they already approved the Visa we were missing a document.

- Yes NOA 2 expire may be a issue; but as per reading other posts if Embassy's is delaying the process they automatically extend it. But i am gong to check with USCIS regarding that as well.

- i am going to visit my local USCIS office as well calling my congressman office tomorrow.

- AP time at New Delhi webiste is vary depend on cases .... some sites says 60 Days some says 5-6 weeks.

- Well i am wondering if anyone gone through this process??? and how long they waited to hear from new delhi embassy.

Timeline
Thanks for replies....

- Yes NOA 2 expire may be a issue; but as per reading other posts if Embassy's is delaying the process they automatically extend it. But i am gong to check with USCIS regarding that as well.

- i am going to visit my local USCIS office as well calling my congressman office tomorrow.

- AP time at New Delhi webiste is vary depend on cases .... some sites says 60 Days some says 5-6 weeks.

- Well i am wondering if anyone gone through this process??? and how long they waited to hear from new delhi embassy.

My fiance also got his visa approved pending our wedding plans. We submitted the documents last Tuesday (February 23, 2010) and now we are still waiting to get the visa issued from the Mumbai Consulate. Also, keep in mind that Monday was a holiday in India so this is a short week. I am sorry that you have been waiting this long. The waiting is frustrating because this is are 2nd round of waiting with another 221g. The first time they asked for documents they stated do not submit passport. Once we submitted them he got 2nd interview and told his visa was approved pending our wedding plans and to submit passport. I am here also waiting. Don't worry our loved ones will get the visa soon. We just have to be patient.

Star

Timeline
Thanks for replies....

The NOA2 expiring is not an issue now at all. Since, the visa is approved your are good to go. Its just a matter of when they will issue the visa. The last time my fiance called they told him that our case is in visa processing. I did not know it takes this long to process visa.

Star

Timeline

Usually the indian embassies are not taking that long as they used to. The maximum I have seen for AP so far has been 1-2 months. But, its normal and I am sure you will hear the good news soon. Just keep checking the VFS passport tracking website.

Star

Timeline

Hello Everyone,

Just to inform everyone if any one else is following my post i sent email again to New Delhi Embassy Counslor Unit and they replied me back after one hour they issued visa to my fiance today March 11 2010.

So Interview was 1/25/2010

Document and Passport Submit 2/4/2010

Visa Issue email recived 3/11/2010

Thanks Everyone !!

• 8 months later...
Filed: Timeline

Hello Everyone,

Just to inform everyone if any one else is following my post i sent email again to New Delhi Embassy Counslor Unit and they replied me back after one hour they issued visa to my fiance today March 11 2010.

Thanks Everyone !!

Has anyone ever received a fiance visa at New Delhi after 221G, asking for "ADDITIONAL PROOF OF RELATIONSHIP".

It seems that after receiving 221G you searched a lot, did you find anyone? Unfortunately there are a lot of K1 denial happening after 221g and case are being sent back to NVC.

• 1 year later...

Hi! I am a US citizen and I filed for immigration for my husband at the Newdelhi embassy ( both of living in NewDelhi, India currently) , he got called for his immigrant interview on May 1st 2012 and at the end of his interview his passport was retained, he was given a piece of white paper stating " Please bear with us while your case undergoes mandatory administrative processing. We have retained your passport to more quickly process your visa when the processing has been completed. When the processing is complete, we will send the passport and visa to you via VFS. " Its' been nearly two months since then, even after follow up and tracking theres' no word yet from either the Newdelhi embassy or vfs on where or how long it'll take for us to know whether the visa was approved or not...All I get online is "Your passport is under process at the US embassy/Consulate"...anyone have any ideas on how to follow up more on this??

I will be flying out to SFO on 5th July,visiting the local USCIS office there ..would that help?

Hello Everyone,

Thanks Everyone !!

Could you please give me the email id of the NewDelhi counselor unit?? Would REALLY appreciate it as I'm in the same scenario as you were...thanks .

Neha

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

We did the K1 but at the medical had to go for the 90 day AFB Sputum exam.

Interview for K1 - June 5 2012 (221g for medical)

Got Max Medcentre report and submitted to VFS - August 7 2012

Called DOS on August 17 2012 - Confirmed that Visa was issued August 16 2012

Now waiting for VFS - so my fiance can pick up the passport with the k1 visa and sealed packet

N-400 Journey

April 23 2016 - N-400 Window Opens

May 12 2016 - Filed N-400 (new version of form)

May 16 2016 - Received by Phoenix Lock Box

May 18 2016 - Received SMS and Email confirmation

June 10 2016 - Biometrics

Feb 15 2017 - Service Request, response "additional delays"

Feb 15 2017 - Escalation to US Senator ####### Durbin

Mar 01 2017 - Response from Durbins' office - "delayed due to security checks"

April 06 2017 - Emails / SMS received - Interview scheduled

May 15 2017 - Interview - approved in 20 minutes

May 31 2017 - Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.