crypto

Travel to USA while i-130 interview pending?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi,

I'm currently waiting for my I-130 interview to be scheduled in the US consulate in Montreal. I recently accepted a new job with a company who's headquarters is in the US but I'm employed in the Canadian office. There are a few meetings and training sessions that I have been asked to go to in the USA. Am I able to go to these meetings with my visa interview pending? Will the customs officer allow me entry into the US?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes, you are able to enter into the US while your application is pending. You must show ties that you are to return to Canada - employment letter, lease agreement, latest bills, things of that sort.

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Yes, you are able to enter into the US while your application is pending. You must show ties that you are to return to Canada - employment letter, lease agreement, latest bills, things of that sort.

Thank you. So I wouldn't have problems entering if its for work meetings etc as long as I can prove that I'm employed in Canada and am coming back? For example, I've been asked to spend a week or so down in the US office at first. Then likely, I'll need to go back for another week or two sometime over the next 2 months or so.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Thank you. So I wouldn't have problems entering if its for work meetings etc as long as I can prove that I'm employed in Canada and am coming back? For example, I've been asked to spend a week or so down in the US office at first. Then likely, I'll need to go back for another week or two sometime over the next 2 months or so.

hi crypto yes you have no problem to visit to usa but you have strongs ties to intend to return back to canand

boder officer ask you a simple and common question something like that

what purpose are you going there

iam a employee of usa company who headquater is in the usa but iam in the us canadian branch office there are few meeting and traning session that why iam going there

are you plan intend to live there

no iam intend to return back to canada because of my cr1 interview with us embassy

hi crypto yes you have no problem to visit to usa but you have strongs ties to intend to return back to canand

boder officer ask you a simple and common question something like that

what purpose are you going there

iam a employee of usa company who headquater is in the usa but iam in the us canadian branch office there are few meeting and traning session that why iam going there

are you plan intend to live there

no iam intend to return back to canada because of my cr1 interview with us embassy

Great - thank you. Very helpful! :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

There are MANY people on VJ who have been in that situation, Ad. The same applies, you must show intent to return to Canada and proof of that.

You are allowed up to 180 days per year. With that, it is entirely up to the border guard if they will allow you in for that length of time.

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.