Joe&Diane

CR 1 visa I - 130 questions

2 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I got married in VN and about to send out my I-130 form and packet. Do I send 1 G325A form of myself and 1 of my wife? I think it's the new version but i'm not sure and want to ask first. I'm hoping that it's 1 page because i just got back and my wife only signed 1 page because of my incompetent lawyer said only 1 page for each person. that's why i want to come here to get more information. And do I need to send form I - 485 also? I read on here that some people got blue slips for not submitting a list of relatives of the beneficiary. however, hard to believe but my wife doesn't have any close relatives that she contact in the US. i don't know how else to prove it other than ask my wife's parents to submit an affidavit stating so.

in the instructions it states that if i live in the state of TX then i should send the packet to:

USCIS

P.O. BOX 804616

CHICAGO, IL 60680-4107

my lawyer says to send it to:

USCIS Lockbox

ATTN: SAI - 130

131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor

Chicago, IL 60603-5517

what do you all think? please advice and thanks in advance.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
I got married in VN and about to send out my I-130 form and packet. Do I send 1 G325A form of myself and 1 of my wife? You will fill out the G325A form for both you AND your wife and complete ALL 4 copies I think it's the new version but i'm not sure and want to ask first. I'm hoping that it's 1 page because i just got back and my wife only signed 1 page because of my incompetent lawyer said only 1 page for each person. that's why i want to come here to get more information. And do I need to send form I - 485 also? Form I-485 is Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status--this would only apply if your wife is already here in the US...I read on here that some people got blue slips for not submitting a list of relatives of the beneficiary. It helps in some cases, and hurts in others. IMO, don't include it--provide it when/if they request it. If it stregthens your case, by all means, go ahead and include it.however, hard to believe but my wife doesn't have any close relatives that she contact in the US. i don't know how else to prove it other than ask my wife's parents to submit an affidavit stating so. If you need to submit this later, my recommendation would be to write an affidavit and provide the family Ho Khau...(that's what we did, except his sister lives here and we provided copies of her identifiyin documents along with the Ho Khau)

in the instructions it states that if i live in the state of TX then i should send the packet to:

USCIS

P.O. BOX 804616

CHICAGO, IL 60680-4107

The ABOVE address is the correct address to send your petition to (unless it changed--check the form one more time just to make sure, but you should send to the address per the instructions!)

my lawyer says to send it to:

USCIS Lockbox

ATTN: SAI - 130

131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor

Chicago, IL 60603-5517

what do you all think? please advice and thanks in advance.

Please see responses in red...Also, there is a Vietnam specific forum that you will get GREAT/BETTER response from (it got separated from the Asia: East and Pacific forum...)

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

[*]12-xx-2007 - 1st Trip (6wks) & Met him halfway around the world

[*]03-xx-2008 - Got engaged - two people on opposite sides of the world

[*]05-xx-2008 - 2nd Trip (2wks) - Engagement/Marriage/Consummation

[*]06-12-2008 - Filed I-130 (CR-1) with Vermont Service Center

[*]12-xx-2008 - 3rd Trip (4wks)

[*]06-05-2009 - Interview at 9:00am at HCMC Consulate (result: blue)

[*]07-08-2009 - Submitted RFE: Beneficiary's Relatives & Evidence of Relationship

[*]08-xx-2009 - 4th Trip (4wks)

[*]10-07-2009 - AP 91 days - Result: APPROVED!!

[*]10-31-2009 - POE: Detroit, MI

[*]11-18-2009 - Social Security Card

[*]11-20-2009 - Green Card

[*]01-21-2010 - Driver's License

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]02/07/2011 - Renew Vietnam Passport

[*]07/30/2011 - Process of Removing Conditions Begins

[*]09/25/2011 - Date of I-751

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

[*]10/19/2011 - Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.