kennym

Emails / Phone Calls / Plane Tickets - Colombian Fiancee

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

All..

Maybe my paranoia is getting the best of me or I have a real concern about not being more aware of the records I needed to keep. But I have a couple of questions about proving our on-going relationship..

1st, a little of my story.. I met my fiance in Nov 2006, we started talking but really didn't start a serious relationship for some time early 2008 (the relationship evolved slowly at first).. I've made numerous trips to Colombia since 2006. I proposed to her in May 2009.. She has also visited me three times while I was on a project in Trinidad & Tobago.. Her and I speak on the phone 5 or more times per day.. I have a Vonage phone at the apartment in Medellin Colombia, where she calls me and of course I call her either at the Vonage Line, her regular apartment line or her cell phone.

My proof I've rounded up is:

Passport Stamps

A number of photos from My trips

EMAILs from a Travel Agency showing Confirmation of Ticket Purchases

I only have my boarding pass from My most recent trip - Return Trip only

I only have my boarding pass from My Thanksgiving 2009 trip - Return Trip only

I can pull Phone Call Records from the Vonage Line at her apartment

I also have a vonage Softphone which I can pull Record for.

Numerous (Piles) Credit Card Receipts from Grocery Stores, Restuarants, Clothing Hardware for Repairs on the apartment..

Receipts of short term apartment rentals

Receipt of Engagement Ring Purchase

What i dont have...

Although we have some (few) email between each other, there aren't many... Since we began our relationship the majority of our contact has been to or from my cell phone.. My cell phone is paid by my employer so I don't get the call details.

I did not keep all my boading passes (But Passport stamps should overcome that - I Hope)...

Cell Service in Colombia is mostly prepaid so there is no Details of call she makes to me from her Cell Phone..

I havent stayed at a hotel in some time since I always stay at my fiancee's apartment.

MY QUESTIONS

I am simply trying to find out if I have enough proof to get through the K1 Acceptance and the Visa Interview, or am I in Trouble because I don't have cell phone records or emails...

Can I change anything I am doing to improve my chances of Satisfying the need of proving the on-going relationship..

I realize since I've joined this forum, I should have kept better track of all my activities and the importance of doing so in effort to succeed, but am I really in bad shape or should I be ok?

You know, I would love to hear I'm in good shape, but tell me how it is..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

First of all - Welcome!

Ok- deep breath. During the I-129F petition, you're not trying to prove ongoping relationship - merely the fact that you have met in person in the prior 2 years. The evidence you've decribed fits the bill and you'll have no problems.

Prooving the ongoing relatinship occurs at the interview stage and that is at leat 6 months away being that by your timeline you haven't submitted your petition to USCIS yet. Phone records are a great proof, as are boarding pases, recepits and the like. If your employer won't give you access to your cell phone records it might be worthwhile to make some calls from home with a service that WILL provide detail phone records. Try www.pingo.com. I've used these guys for 8 months now (my fiancee is in costa rica nd calling mobile to mobile is .06).

EMails are definitey a good proof. Send e-cards (they're free) and you can prinout the copies.

Sounds like you'll be fine. Any questions ask away.

Best of luck,

Alan

K-1 JOURNEY

157 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO NOA-2

181 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO INTERVIEW

07/14/2011 - I-129F sent via FedEx to USCIS
07/15/2011 - Arrived at CSC, signed for by E. Jameson
07/15/2011 - NOA-1 (E-Mail)
07/19/2011 - NOA-1 (Hard Copy)
08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - NOA-2 (E-Mail)
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
12/23/2011 - NOA-2 (Hard Copy)
12/27/2011 - NVC Received
12/28/2011 - San Jose Embassy Case Number Assigned
12/29/2011 - NVC Sent Petition via DHL to Embassy
12/30/2011 - Embassy Received Petition, signed for by J. Rodriguez
01/04/2011 - Medical
01/09/2011 - Packet 3 Received
01/12/2011 - Embassy Interview - Approved
01/19/2011 - Visa Received
01/21/2012 - POE (Ft. Lauderdale, FL - USA)
01/23/2012 - SSA Issued Fresy's SSN
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

You have a lot for the initial submittal, a few photos in front of different landmarks too :) For later on, when you need the proof (are you visiting again before interview?) I purposely took money out of ATMs as soon as I arrived in my fiance's city, and used my credit card and cell phone abroad too (it was expensive, but I had calls from my cell in Atlanta, and then 8 hours later from Spain). For the initial submittal, we didn't send much, only passport stamps, boarding passes and a few photos. He had a TON of the ongoing relationship stuff for the interview (yes, I always stayed with him too, so no hotel receipts). Start saving your ongoing relationship evidence (the occasional card mailed too). The initial submittal is only proving you have met in person. Ongoing relationship is mostly for the interview, and to show that you are continuing the relationship after initial submittal.

All..

Maybe my paranoia is getting the best of me or I have a real concern about not being more aware of the records I needed to keep. But I have a couple of questions about proving our on-going relationship..

1st, a little of my story.. I met my fiance in Nov 2006, we started talking but really didn't start a serious relationship for some time early 2008 (the relationship evolved slowly at first).. I've made numerous trips to Colombia since 2006. I proposed to her in May 2009.. She has also visited me three times while I was on a project in Trinidad & Tobago.. Her and I speak on the phone 5 or more times per day.. I have a Vonage phone at the apartment in Medellin Colombia, where she calls me and of course I call her either at the Vonage Line, her regular apartment line or her cell phone.

My proof I've rounded up is:

Passport Stamps

A number of photos from My trips

EMAILs from a Travel Agency showing Confirmation of Ticket Purchases

I only have my boarding pass from My most recent trip - Return Trip only

I only have my boarding pass from My Thanksgiving 2009 trip - Return Trip only

I can pull Phone Call Records from the Vonage Line at her apartment

I also have a vonage Softphone which I can pull Record for.

Numerous (Piles) Credit Card Receipts from Grocery Stores, Restuarants, Clothing Hardware for Repairs on the apartment..

Receipts of short term apartment rentals

Receipt of Engagement Ring Purchase

What i dont have...

Although we have some (few) email between each other, there aren't many... Since we began our relationship the majority of our contact has been to or from my cell phone.. My cell phone is paid by my employer so I don't get the call details.

I did not keep all my boading passes (But Passport stamps should overcome that - I Hope)...

Cell Service in Colombia is mostly prepaid so there is no Details of call she makes to me from her Cell Phone..

I havent stayed at a hotel in some time since I always stay at my fiancee's apartment.

MY QUESTIONS

I am simply trying to find out if I have enough proof to get through the K1 Acceptance and the Visa Interview, or am I in Trouble because I don't have cell phone records or emails...

Can I change anything I am doing to improve my chances of Satisfying the need of proving the on-going relationship..

I realize since I've joined this forum, I should have kept better track of all my activities and the importance of doing so in effort to succeed, but am I really in bad shape or should I be ok?

You know, I would love to hear I'm in good shape, but tell me how it is..

07-17-2009 I-129F sent

07-22-2009 NOA1 date

07-24-2009 check cleared

07-30-2009 NOA1 received via snail mail

10-14-2009 NOA2 (we were around #187 on Igor's List)

12-30-2009 Interview in Madrid!

02-01-2010 Visa in Hand - finally!

03-08-2010 POE Orlando, FL

Timeline

Alan and everyone

I cant say enough about how nice the help is on this forum.. I hope I haven't reached my question limit yet...

Thank You all, for your help..

Although my fiancee any I know we're in love, we both understand that we need to prove it to a complete stranger..

My intent is to do what it takes, starting now, to ensure that when we go to the interview, that we'll have a slam-dunk approval.

So, My Fiancee and I understand that we need to start emailing each other frequently.. We also have talked about using the Vonage lines to call each other frequently will also help make our case stronger..

Will the Interviewer accept the record from the Vonage Line (Account in My Name) at her apartment showing calls to my cell phone?

I already have a ton of ATM Reciepts and photos at various places in Colombia, malls etc... I intend to make a couple more trips before the interview and will absolutely be at the Interview... which, by the way, brings up this question; If I am at the interview, doesn't that automatically constitute evidence of an ongoing relationship? (just a thought)

I don't have access to unlimted funds, but short of that, what else can I do to ensure that we will be able to prove that we have maintained an on-going relationship for the interview?

Kenny

Timeline
Will the Interviewer accept the record from the Vonage Line (Account in My Name) at her apartment showing calls to my cell phone?

yes, they will, is a good proof

I already have a ton of ATM Reciepts and photos at various places in Colombia, malls etc... I intend to make a couple more trips before the interview and will absolutely be at the Interview... which, by the way, brings up this question; If I am at the interview, doesn't that automatically constitute evidence of an ongoing relationship? (just a thought)

be in the interview does not ensure that you get the visa, There are other important factors they evaluate

I don't have access to unlimted funds, but short of that, what else can I do to ensure that we will be able to prove that we have maintained an on-going relationship for the interview?

if you haven't emails, what about chats by msn, skype?

so far you have good evidence, take it easy, you're doing well :thumbs:

We can all make a difference. Please recycle

por favor no escribas en mayúsculas sostenidas, eso equivale a GRITAR

crazy-cats.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Not just the ATM receipts (because those are usually generic), but the monthly bank statement saying you withdrew money in Colombia. (and cell phone detailed billing if you can make a call or two while in colombia) We used Yahoo voice/webcam to talk computer to computer when we were apart. It logged the time we were on the voice calls every night. So I had a log of the hours we used the voice chat on yahoo.

07-17-2009 I-129F sent

07-22-2009 NOA1 date

07-24-2009 check cleared

07-30-2009 NOA1 received via snail mail

10-14-2009 NOA2 (we were around #187 on Igor's List)

12-30-2009 Interview in Madrid!

02-01-2010 Visa in Hand - finally!

03-08-2010 POE Orlando, FL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.