Scott and Mhay

NBI Clearance

14 posts in this topic

What a pain!! Well, we didnt know that they would have her maiden and married name on one clearance, (although it is kinda weird how they have it on there) so we had them do a clearance in Mhay's maiden name only. I didnt want to have an RFE for it. So now we have the NBI clearances and police clearances (one in maiden and one in married name also)

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

What a pain!! Well, we didnt know that they would have her maiden and married name on one clearance, (although it is kinda weird how they have it on there) so we had them do a clearance in Mhay's maiden name only. I didnt want to have an RFE for it. So now we have the NBI clearances and police clearances (one in maiden and one in married name also)

The more you can provide the better off you will be!!

Good Luck!!

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

Maiden and married name on both clearances are no problem. It is totally acceptable and no need to have another clearances with her maiden name only. Got mine with my maiden and married name on it and have had no problem at all.

Edited by ~happyndinlove~

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Yeah i understand that, but i didnt expect it to be in both names. It has her (maiden last name) de (married last name) (first name) y (maiden middle name)....I just thought it was wierd. Oh well, it only cost 115 pesos for the NBI with only her maiden name on it....better than waiting for another 2 hours. ;) I was surprized that Mhay got her NBI within about 30 mins from getting her picture taken....there were many including her nanay that has to go back on 8 March!! I guess it is because she has had an NBI clearance a couple times before for her work abroad.

Im just going to send both so there is no chance of an RFE for the clearances...just a little worried about her korean clearance as it only has her maiden name on it (that is the way it was applied for).....BUT we got married almost a year after her leaving korea, so it should be no issue....keeping my fingers crossed on that one!

Edited by Scott and Mhay

For our Full timeline

event.png

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
It has her (maiden last name) de (married last name) (first name) y (maiden middle name)....I just thought it was wierd.

thats how NBI does it. i asked them about it :lol: mine was like that too. and i didnt get an RFE from NVC :)

955jbsadc6.png

american.gif philippines.gif

Visa Journey

08/01/2009 - Sent I-130 package

09/18/2009 - I-130 approved

09/30/2009 - Case number assigned

12/17/2009 - Failed log in / Case completed YES!!

02/03/2010 - VISA interview at 830am -- VISA APPROVED

03/06/2010 - POE San Francisco via PAL

04/17/2010 - GC and SSN in the mail

ROC

01/06/2012 - Sent I-751 package to CSC

01/09/2012 - I-751 delivered at 11:12am / Date of NOA1

01/12/2012 - Check cashed

01/14/2012 - Received NOA1 hard copy

01/20/2012 - Date of ASC Appointment letter

01/25/2012 - Received ASC Appointment letter hard copy

02/07/2012 - Biometrics done

03/06/2012 - CR1 expiration

06/13/2012 - Date ROC approved

06/15/2012 - Ordered new card production

06/19/2012 - USCIS mailed the new card

06/21/2012 - Got approval letter and my 10 year GC in the mail (GC expires 06/15/2022)

N-400

12/09/2014 - Sent N-400 package

12/13/2014 - N-400 delivered at 10:13 am

12/15/2014 - Date of NOA

12/16/2014 - Date NOA was received by USCIS

12/22/2014 - Received NOA (hard copy) in the mail

12/30/2014 - Date of Yellow Letter

01/04/2015 - Received yellow letter in the mail

01/07/2015 - Biometrics appointment

01/09/2015 - In line for the interview

01/16/2015 - Received interview letter in the mail

02/13/2015 - Interview date (Approved)

04/03/2015 - Oath Ceremony

Cool thanks!!

For our Full timeline

event.png

Cool thanks!!

Hi ,

Hi folks I have been reading your posts and learning from them, we are September filers too and just recently received our approval , now I'm starting to gather my next requirements for the NVC

I'm about to get an NBI clearance next week, so I have to get 2 NBI clearances??? One with my maiden name and another one for my married name?? did I understand it right?? And also do I need to get police clearance as well, I have never been to another country aside from USA when I visited Alaska.

Hi ,

Hi folks I have been reading your posts and learning from them, we are September filers too and just recently received our approval , now I'm starting to gather my next requirements for the NVC

I'm about to get an NBI clearance next week, so I have to get 2 NBI clearances??? One with my maiden name and another one for my married name?? did I understand it right?? And also do I need to get police clearance as well, I have never been to another country aside from USA when I visited Alaska.

you only need 1 NBI clearance when you fill up the form make sure you check the box that you're married and write your new name in there (your name) (your last name when you're still single) and your (last name now) it will came out like this (maiden last name) de (married last name) (first name) y (maiden middle name) and you dont need police clearance from other country if you didnt stay or work there not more than 6 months

03.14.2011 -------I-751 sent overnight

03.15.2011 -------package says "Delivered"

03.30.2011 -------ASC Appointment Notice Received

04.22.2011 -------Biometrics Appointment

08.29.2011--------APPROVED! GC RECEIVED!

I'm the wife of an American Soldier;

I'm the hope that lives within him after storm clouded days.

The freedom from war that gives wings to his heart,

May they reach across the miles and bind our hearts together

against all that we must face in this world.

yeah, i didnt know how it was going to print out...so we just had them issue one in the maiden name too....it only cost 115 pesos extra. We did do the police clearance from her hometown too, but as stated before, you only really need the NBI clearance from everyone else's experience...I just wanted to make sure I had everything just in case.

For our Full timeline

event.png

yeah, i didnt know how it was going to print out...so we just had them issue one in the maiden name too....it only cost 115 pesos extra. We did do the police clearance from her hometown too, but as stated before, you only really need the NBI clearance from everyone else's experience...I just wanted to make sure I had everything just in case.

hey Scott i see you're almost done with the NVC did your wife had her medical already?

03.14.2011 -------I-751 sent overnight

03.15.2011 -------package says "Delivered"

03.30.2011 -------ASC Appointment Notice Received

04.22.2011 -------Biometrics Appointment

08.29.2011--------APPROVED! GC RECEIVED!

I'm the wife of an American Soldier;

I'm the hope that lives within him after storm clouded days.

The freedom from war that gives wings to his heart,

May they reach across the miles and bind our hearts together

against all that we must face in this world.

She will do the medical next week...tuesday and wednesday is our target. We needed to go back to manila to get her police clearance from the korean embassy for the DS-230 package. I messed up and forgot my tax transcripts at home before coming to the PI...so, i will have to send my AOS when I get back along with the 230 package...(at least I can use express mail there and track it all the way)

For our Full timeline

event.png

She will do the medical next week...tuesday and wednesday is our target. We needed to go back to manila to get her police clearance from the korean embassy for the DS-230 package. I messed up and forgot my tax transcripts at home before coming to the PI...so, i will have to send my AOS when I get back along with the 230 package...(at least I can use express mail there and track it all the way)

I feel relieved that i was able to request for my NBI with my new full name.

And also was able to request for a copy of our marrige certificate for NSO thru e-census .We used the

my marrige certificate issued by the Quezon City Civil Registrar in a specialty paper but certified by the NSO. So I'm seeing progress :dance::dance::dance:

That's good. We got a PASS on the medical. Mhay will just have to go back next month on the first day of her period (we arent trying for a baby now), get a pregnancy test and the immunizations. They didnt want to give her the immunizations until she doesnt have "contact" with me ;)

For our Full timeline

event.png

That's good. We got a PASS on the medical. Mhay will just have to go back next month on the first day of her period (we arent trying for a baby now), get a pregnancy test and the immunizations. They didnt want to give her the immunizations until she doesnt have "contact" with me ;)

My husband is ready with his AOS and will pay the fee next week and we want to have the DS230 also ready to go, I filled up the form and all documents coming from me are ready ,I will be sending them off to my hubby this monday...hope things will go smoothly ... tik tak tik tak! got to get busy with work so I wont be impatiently waiting.... :whistle::whistle::whistle:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.