MJhawk

Enough proof for Bona Fide marriage???/

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My husband and I are applying for AOS based on immediate relative. I am the Canadian citizen and he is a USC. My question is I am filing for AOS soon but for the I-130 my evidence is: one joint bank account, joint gym membership, joint benefits and 401K also 3 affidavits from my parents, his parents and my sister and electricity bill in both our names and wedding photos. Do you think that enough for the application? I'm sure we'll have more for the interview. Thanks

That sounds great!

Don't forget photographic stuff too, I mean not just wedding stuff... do you have anything from christmas, thanksgiving, any events or things you have been to, that kinda thing.

My mobile phone is part of my husband's plan, so we have a print off showing that which I've put in my pack.

A question for you though, are your affidavits sealed/notarised? I've asked some family members and relatives to prepare some for our application but I don't know if that is necessary.

http://nomoremrsniceguy.blogspot.com/

Our journey:

11th October 2012: APPROVED!

24th February 2012: Biometrics appointment

8th February 2012: Touch

24th January 2012: Biometrics NOA date (received 30th)

19th January 2012: Check cashed by VSC

17th January 2012: NOA date (received 20th)

14th January 2012: ROC delivered via USPS to VSC

13th January 2012: Filed for ROC

Earliest date to remove conditions: Friday, December 2, 2011

9th March 2010: GC in hand

1st March 2010: Interview 8.40am APPROVED!

1st March 2010: EAD arrives, along with daughters US passport

15th January 2010: Biometrics appointment

10th December 2009: Filed for AOS

My husband and I are applying for AOS based on immediate relative. I am the Canadian citizen and he is a USC. My question is I am filing for AOS soon but for the I-130 my evidence is:

• one joint bank account,
  • joint gym membership,
  • joint benefits and 401K also
  • 3 affidavits from my parents, his parents and my sister and
  • electricity bill in both our names and
  • wedding photos.

Do you think that enough for the application? I'm sure we'll have more for the interview. Thanks

What about your home/apartment?

Filed: Timeline

I didn't know they needed to be sealed or notarised so there not, I haven't received the ones from my parents and sister they should be arriving soon should I not open them. I know there signed with name, address, telephone #, and birthday if that makes a difference.

My husband and I do have a plan together my name just got added onto the account and he just received a statement but it doesn't show my name on it yet until the next bill. It does show both our numbers.

Also I have tons of pictures I'll put some of those into as well, do you think I should put my previous boarding passes? also letters to eachother?

Thank you

The letters to each other are a nice touch and would definitely be useful to show your relationship was genuine before you got married. I would include those for sure.

Our journey:

My husband and I are applying for AOS based on immediate relative. I am the Canadian citizen and he is a USC. My question is I am filing for AOS soon but for the I-130 my evidence is: one joint bank account, joint gym membership, joint benefits and 401K also 3 affidavits from my parents, his parents and my sister and electricity bill in both our names and wedding photos. Do you think that enough for the application? I'm sure we'll have more for the interview. Thanks

Just wondering if tax returns are required, or recommended to show you have been paying uncle Sam his portion of your money....

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

Without knowing your situation its hard to say accurately. What brought you to the US, did you come as a student or with a work visa and are currently employed? If you have been working any additional financial information might be needed. We filed for AOS late last year, so my husbands tax returns were for Y/E 2008, but we'll have updated tax docs (like W-2 etc) to take with us to our interview in March.

Our journey:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.