1,001 posts in this topic

Great. Thanks so much.

One other question, since this process is quite quick im guessing i should wait until we are a few months from leaving, but that obviously makes me nervous. Are there time restrictions on any particular part of the process that would prevent me from filing about 11 months in advance of our intended move time?

I just wanted to add even though I didn't do DCF through Mexico I did South Africa if you feel the process is going to fast you can slow it down a bit. You can take you time booking the medical. Take your time getting your police clearance. And schedule an interview a few months out in advance. This would add on several months by doing this. Most of the timelines for DCF are very fast, but there are ways to stretch it out if you need too.

Filed: Other Timeline

Thank you everyone!

I just read something that made me nervous somewhere... it said that you cannot file for DCF if both people are from out of country.. does anyone know if that is true? Neither of us are Mexican but we both have permanent residency here, and live here full time.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

We got the letter a while back that we could schedule the interview in Juarez, and just last night finished the DS 260. I am a little confused about the supporting documents. I see on THIS page that I need to actually send my documents in, and the only address that it gives to send this info to is in New Hampshire. Is this true? I feel like every other thing that I read is that you simply bring those to the interview. I want to head to the page that lets us make the interview now that we have a confirmation number, but I want to but sure that I have actually arrived at that step.

Thank you!!!

July 27, 2013: Married Legally in the US

November 30, 2013: Wedding Ceremony in Mexico

April 21, 2014: Applied for I-130

April 15, 2014: I-130 Approved!

May 23, 2014: Received letter from Ciudad Juarez to schedule interview.

August 18, 2014: Completed and submitted DS 260

August 26, 2014: Scheduled Interview

September 3-5: Medical appointment and interview in Ciudad Juarez

September 5: GREENCARD APPROVED!!!!! Currently awaiting package from DHL

September 11: Passport arrived from DHL with entry visa

Timeline

I read your timeline and it says Texas service center? This is correct? If you filed in Mexico City you bring supporting documents to the interview.

Yes, we filed in Mexico City. My husband's interview will be Ciudad Juarez, in Mexico, not Texas.

Timeline

Another question --- How many days did people spend in Juarez? We both are working right now in Mexico City and don't want to take off more days than necessary. For example... if we flew up there on a Wednesday evening, did the medical stuff on Thursday morning, and then interviewed on Friday to fly back out on Saturday, would that be sufficient? I have been told that we should do the medical exam two days before, because they can be slow, but I just wanted to check with what others have experienced.

Thanks!

Timeline

We flew in Wed, Thurs medical and tues interview. Some may take longer with the medical due to complications, but we had none.

Thank you my-journey!

We are hoping to do it on Thursday morning and have the appointment for the interview at the NVC on Friday morning. Does anyone else have experience and has done the exam the day before the interview? Thank you!

Also... what about the Application Service Center? Do we need the medical info for that appointment? Or just for the actual interview?

Timeline

Another thing...

After we filed the DS 260 we got emails that said "Confirmation" and had a confirmation number, but then also said, "Your Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application (DS-260) was sent to the National Visa Center (NVC) for

review. Please allow up to 30 business days for the NVC to complete the review."
Do we actually need to wait for a response? Or can we just make the appointment?

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

For the ASC appointment you only need the confirmation of the interview appointment (explained below). The medical (black sealed package) is for the embassy appointment. You should get the confirmation email that that says 'Your online Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application Form(DS-260) has been submitted'. with the .PDF confirmation. I would make sure you have the confirmation before scheduling, in addition I would schedule on the phone, not the onine system. After months of reading information on how to schedule, I still did it wrong. Luckily I called in just to check.

Timeline

just wondering... did you get your original documents back at the end of the interview in Juarez? Birth certificate, marriage certificate, etc?

thanks

Hi Panda---

Did you ever get an answer to this question? We are heading to the interview soon and curious about that.

Timeline

While looking at sample interview questions on THIS page we read that it says to bring a police record. I have not read this in other locations, and we are heading to Juarez this week, so it is probably to late to get one.

Is this something other people have brought? Is it necessary?

Timeline

Update---- We went to Ciudad Juarez for the interview last week and were approved!!!

Please if anyone has any questions about the process and how Juarez is right now, let me know.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.