1,001 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone,

So my I filed my husband I-130 through the Embassy in Mexico City; it was then forward to Ciudad Juarez where it was approved. However, the issue I'm having is receiving his acceptance letter from Ciudad Juarez. When I call, I'm told it was mailed via regular Mexican mail on May 2nd, 2014. However, I've still not received it at my home in Oaxaca, as of May 19, 2014. Does anyone know how to get a copy of this letter sent via DHL or FedEx or how to get a copy of it without sending it regular mail?

Stephanie

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi Stephanie, I also would like to know how do i get my receipt number? I had to move out of our apartment and do not have access to the mail.

Please dont all rush at once...

You are going to have to email the consulate in Juarez......they will give you your case number. They normally send all correspondence through regular mail (which is ridiculous).

Filed: Other Timeline

Hello everyone!

My boyfriend and I are starting to look into our immigration process. I am a US citizen and he is a Spanish citizen, but we both live in Guadalajara and have been here for many years. We are hoping to do a DCF since it seems the least stressful and will allow both of us to work right away upon our arrival to the US. Do you suggest our first stop be the consulate?

Thanks ahead of time, I am sure I will have many questions as the process continues!!

~Marlie

The majority of things on here say to give a call/make an appointment first as we may be able to begin collecting all said paperwork before we actually file. Has anyone ever done a DCF through Guadalajara? I am not even sure how to go about making an appointment there. When I return from vacation home that will be my frist step.

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

The majority of things on here say to give a call/make an appointment first as we may be able to begin collecting all said paperwork before we actually file. Has anyone ever done a DCF through Guadalajara? I am not even sure how to go about making an appointment there. When I return from vacation home that will be my frist step.

I've lived in GDL 5 years and am going through the process with my wife. Couple things -- You use the words "Spanish" and "boyfriend". Are you married to this guy or is he just your boyfriend? Is he a citizen of Spain or is he Mexican?

The bad news -- Guadalajara does not process IR-1/CR-1 visas. You need to mail, or submit in person, your I-130 (and supporting documents) to the US embassy in Mexico City....I mailed my documents via DHL and was approved within a week or two. They will then require you to schedule an in person interview. This interview will take place at the US consulate in Ciudad Juarez (don't ask me why, but this is the only place in Mexico where immigrant visas are processed). There is no other way to DCF in Mexico.

Oh, and do you have a temporary or permanent residence card for mexico? You are going to need that to do this.

Please feel free to ask any other questions re: details etc.

Tony

I've lived in GDL 5 years and am going through the process with my wife. Couple things -- You use the words "Spanish" and "boyfriend". Are you married to this guy or is he just your boyfriend? Is he a citizen of Spain or is he Mexican?

The bad news -- Guadalajara does not process IR-1/CR-1 visas. You need to mail, or submit in person, your I-130 (and supporting documents) to the US embassy in Mexico City....I mailed my documents via DHL and was approved within a week or two. They will then require you to schedule an in person interview. This interview will take place at the US consulate in Ciudad Juarez (don't ask me why, but this is the only place in Mexico where immigrant visas are processed). There is no other way to DCF in Mexico.

Oh, and do you have a temporary or permanent residence card for mexico? You are going to need that to do this.

Please feel free to ask any other questions re: details etc.

Tony

The reason why you have to interview in CD. Juarez is because they are the only US Consulate that issues immigration visas. None of the other US Consulates or US Embassy in Mexico issue immigrate visas.

Thanks everyone... We will start gathering paperwork to send to D.F. and then on to Juarez. I will keep everyone informed. Anyone done this recently and have a relative time-line? Once it is approved and interview goes well, immigrant can work upon arrival to the US correct?

Thanks again!

Side note: I used the terms boyfriend, because that is what he is, we are waiting to decide the easiest way to deal with the paperwork before doing anything legal, and I used Spanish because he is indeed, from Spain. Not Mexican. We both have FM2s and have been in GDL for many years.

Great. Thanks so much.

One other question, since this process is quite quick im guessing i should wait until we are a few months from leaving, but that obviously makes me nervous. Are there time restrictions on any particular part of the process that would prevent me from filing about 11 months in advance of our intended move time?

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Great. Thanks so much.

One other question, since this process is quite quick im guessing i should wait until we are a few months from leaving, but that obviously makes me nervous. Are there time restrictions on any particular part of the process that would prevent me from filing about 11 months in advance of our intended move time?

I am not exactly sure how to answer. I believe once the visa is issued you have 6 months to enter the usa (not 100% sure). If you read this complete thread you will see the process has changed (for the better) and the process is very fast right now. I would take advantage of this before it becomes more timely.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.