hockeygal

changing regions

1 post in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

If anyone has any advice/experience with this.. I'd appreciate hearing about it

We are piecing together the application, but we've been dragging our feet a little until my feller moves. He is in the California Service Center area right now, but was planning to move to the Nebraska service area soon. Plans on the move are not final though, and won't be until the end of March in all likelihood.

Here is my question - if we file now with CSC to get the ball rolling and he does end up moving at the end of March to NSC area, will filing a change of address and transfer hold things up a lot? Perhaps with CSC being slower we are better off just waiting until things are set, but then if he doesn't move afterall, we are behind another month in CSC.

Another option would be to use either his parents' address in the NSC area, or the address of the house he owns there which is empty now and that he'd live in if the move goes as planned. I'm guessing as he doesn't live there right now, we can't do that though.

I'm guessing the sensible thing to do is wait until the end of March, but ...argh.

I wish he'd just take the job on the East Coast so we could apply to Vermont!

04/13/06 - I-129F mailed

04/18/06 - NOA1

08/30/06 - NOA2

09/26/06 - received at NVC

09/27/06 - forwarded to consulate

20/11/06 - visa in my pocket!

14/01/07 - POE

13/04/07 - marriage

27/04/07 docs sent in for AOS, EAD, AP

26/06/07 - biometrics appointment

02/17/07 - AP and EAD arrive

03/03/08 - Infopass - where the heck is my AOS interview?? No one knows!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.