Armenia

@ NAIA - can greeter meet me at area where accredited taxis are?

7 posts in this topic

I have a question about Arrivals for those who recently flew in/out of NAIA.

I know that if someone is going to meet you/pick you up, you're supposed to go down to the Greeter's area. Once your relative (greeter!) sees you then they can drive the car up to where you are.

If you're leaving via taxi (accredited taxi), the taxi is just outside the arrival area.

My question, what if it's both? My sister is meeting me but we are taking a taxi. How does she go up to where the airport taxis are lined up?

My wife has met me both times i came out the airport....take the ramp down to the right and she was waiting right there for me. Is that the area you are talking about? We then walked across the street to the parking lot to the van that was going to drive us. the first time they drove the van to where we were standing.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

You should have no problem when you get there it's a small airport and Taxi's /Van's were all over the place but just take the metered taxi so you won't get ripped off and be careful with your belongings.

My wife has met me both times i came out the airport....take the ramp down to the right and she was waiting right there for me. Is that the area you are talking about? We then walked across the street to the parking lot to the van that was going to drive us. the first time they drove the van to where we were standing.

Yes that is the greeters area.

The area where the accredited taxis (fare paid in advance in the arrival lobby) are is different, I think. I'm not sure because I've never taken a taxi from the airport. I've usually been picked up by a van that a family member brought to the airport.

Greeters are not allowed in the arrival area so I was wondering how I can get my sister to the area where the taxis are. Or could be the other way around, get the taxi then get pick up my sister. This is confusing for me. I thought it would be easier to just take the taxi and then my sister and I can just zoom quickly out of the airport. I've momentarily forgotten that, in NAIA, the arrival area is off-limits to greeters.

Hmmn, I think I'll just go the usual route ... greeter brings own vehicle to pick-up arriving passenger.

You should have no problem when you get there it's a small airport and Taxi's /Van's were all over the place but just take the metered taxi so you won't get ripped off and be careful with your belongings.

It's not my access to the taxis I was wondering about. It's how a non-passenger (the relative/greeter) can get to the arrival area where the taxi is waiting.

There are several "agents" or whatever they call them, there on the airport side across from where all the greeters congregate. Merlaine just told one of the security guys that she needed to come grab me when she saw me and she was allowed across the street. There's a booth setup there that will arrange a cab/van/whatever for arrivals. I'm sure your person there can just take the cab to the greeters area then walk across to get you. It's just a half circle drive, although a big one, with a huge covered area where people can wait for arrivals. The greeters aren't allowed to wait on the arrival side of the street, but it's just across a regular street. Like one poster said, it's a relatively small area. Make sure they're looking for you otherwise you'll NEVER see them..LOL (needle in a hay stack...well, 1 - 5' tall Filipino in a sea of 5' tall Filipinos).

If you're staying at the Manila Airport Hotel, don't get a cab. Merlaine and I waited for a taxi for quite a while then finally got our stuff loaded then got in and sat down. Merlaine told him where we were going and he acted odd, then she started laughing. We looked out the windshield of the taxi, and there's the hotel..LOL It's not even a block from the arrival area. Down the ramp to the right, stay right and walk about a half a block up the street :D

-USCIS-

COMPLETED - March 9th, 2010

-NVC-

CASE COMPLETE - April 2nd, 2010

-INTERVIEW-

APPROVED - May 18th, 2010

POE - Detroit, June 11th, 2010

GREEN CARD - July 21st, 2010

SS CARD - August 13th, 2010

-ROC-

I-751 Sent March 23rd, 2012

NOA1 March 26th, 2012

Biometrics Appt. April 27th, 2012

Bio done early - April 18th, 2012

ROC Approved - September 12, 2012

10 Year GC - September 17, 2012

There are several "agents" or whatever they call them, there on the airport side across from where all the greeters congregate. Merlaine just told one of the security guys that she needed to come grab me when she saw me and she was allowed across the street. There's a booth setup there that will arrange a cab/van/whatever for arrivals. I'm sure your person there can just take the cab to the greeters area then walk across to get you. It's just a half circle drive, although a big one, with a huge covered area where people can wait for arrivals. The greeters aren't allowed to wait on the arrival side of the street, but it's just across a regular street. Like one poster said, it's a relatively small area. Make sure they're looking for you otherwise you'll NEVER see them..LOL (needle in a hay stack...well, 1 - 5' tall Filipino in a sea of 5' tall Filipinos).

If you're staying at the Manila Airport Hotel, don't get a cab. Merlaine and I waited for a taxi for quite a while then finally got our stuff loaded then got in and sat down. Merlaine told him where we were going and he acted odd, then she started laughing. We looked out the windshield of the taxi, and there's the hotel..LOL It's not even a block from the arrival area. Down the ramp to the right, stay right and walk about a half a block up the street :D

Ah, now I see. The greeters area and the accredited taxis are on one level, just across from each other. I thought wrong. I thought the greeters area is on a separate level (vertically/ separate floor).

Thanks for the laugh too .... Manila Airport Hotel.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.