Marchlyne

Haiti Embassy will re-open for Immigrant Visa Services on Wednesday, February 3

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

The US Embassy in HAITI will re-open for Immigrant Visa Services on Wednesday, February 3. Immigrant visa beneficiaries who have received letters from the National Visa Center with an interview date and time are invited to review the new schedule below:

13 and 14 January rescheduled 03 February

19 and 20 January rescheduled 04 February

21 and 25 January rescheduled 05 February

26 and 27 January rescheduled 08 February

1st and 2nd February rescheduled 09 February

3rd and 10th February rescheduled 10 February

You may also contact the Immigrant Visa section via email to PaPCons@state.gov to schedule a new appointment or contact our call center at the following numbers: 3859-9524, 3859-9534, 3859-9564. Please be sure to write your name and case number on the subject line.

If you have not yet received an appointment letter from the National Visa Center, you must wait to receive it before contacting the consular section.

If your address has changed, please inform the National Visa Center by phone, 603-334-0700, or e-mail, NVCINQUIRY@state.gov. If you have already been interviewed at the Embassy, or you had an appointment for January or February, please be sure to update your new address by sending an email to PaPCons@state.gov or by contacting our call center CIVA.

***U.S. Citizens seeking assistance to help non-U.S. citizen family members travel to the U.S. should not come to the Embassy for services on their behalf. Information about filing Immigrant Visa petitions for eligible family members is available at www.travel.state.gov and www.uscis.gov. ***

Q. What about family preference cases?

A. We will be prioritizing the issuance of Immigrant Visas to the spouse, children and parents of U.S. citizens. However, family preference cases with currently available visa numbers will also be scheduled as expeditiously as possible.

Q. Will applicants with important civil documents lost in the earthquake be able to provide alternatives?

A. Some civil documents are required by law and regulation for the issuance of an immigrant visa. In the case of a immigrant visa petition that has already been approved by USCIS, the Embassy will work with people who are unable to obtain birth registration documents and the Embassy may recommend DNA testing as an alternative to documents in order to establish parent-child relationships if birth registration documents are unobtainable.

Q. What should I do if I haven’t filed a petition yet for my relative?

A. You should consider filing your petition now. The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services adjudicate petitions for family members to immigrate to the United States. Please visit http://www.uscis.gov for more information.

Q. Will Nonimmigrant Visa (NIV) services open as well?

A. Not at this time. We continue to focus on services to U.S. Citizens and now, immigrant visa applicants. We will announce the resumption of NIV services in due course

The US Embassy in HAITI will re-open for Immigrant Visa Services on Wednesday, February 3. Immigrant visa beneficiaries who have received letters from the National Visa Center with an interview date and time are invited to review the new schedule below:

You may also contact the Immigrant Visa section via email to PaPCons@state.gov to schedule a new appointment or contact our call center at the following numbers: 3859-9524, 3859-9534, 3859-9564. Please be sure to write your name and case number on the subject line.

If you have not yet received an appointment letter from the National Visa Center, you must wait to receive it before contacting the consular section.

If your address has changed, please inform the National Visa Center by phone, 603-334-0700, or e-mail, NVCINQUIRY@state.gov. If you have already been interviewed at the Embassy, or you had an appointment for January or February, please be sure to update your new address by sending an email to PaPCons@state.gov or by contacting our call center CIVA.

***U.S. Citizens seeking assistance to help non-U.S. citizen family members travel to the U.S. should not come to the Embassy for services on their behalf. Information about filing Immigrant Visa petitions for eligible family members is available at www.travel.state.gov and www.uscis.gov. ***

A. We will be prioritizing the issuance of Immigrant Visas to the spouse, children and parents of U.S. citizens. However, family preference cases with currently available visa numbers will also be scheduled as expeditiously as possible.

Q. Will applicants with important civil documents lost in the earthquake be able to provide alternatives?

A. Some civil documents are required by law and regulation for the issuance of an immigrant visa. In the case of a immigrant visa petition that has already been approved by USCIS, the Embassy will work with people who are unable to obtain birth registration documents and the Embassy may recommend DNA testing as an alternative to documents in order to establish parent-child relationships if birth registration documents are unobtainable.

A. You should consider filing your petition now. The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services adjudicate petitions for family members to immigrate to the United States. Please visit http://www.uscis.gov for more information.

A. Not at this time. We continue to focus on services to U.S. Citizens and now, immigrant visa applicants. We will announce the resumption of NIV services in due course

Edited by Marchlyne

I-130 Timeline:

Sept. 04, 2008 : I-130 Sent to Vermont SC - filed for spouse based on greencard

Oct. 24, 2008 : NOA 1 Received from VSC

April. 30, 2009 : Become US citizen, called USCIS to upgrade I-130 from F2A to IR-1 category

April. 30, 2009 : send a letter with copy of certificate of naturalization to upgrade the petition.

April. 30, 2009 : Status is upgraded to CR-1/IR-1 category and case is pending.

Sept 30, 2009 : NOA2 - approval notice sent Thanx to the God almighty

NVC Journey

Oct 4, 2009 : Case Number Assigned - Received this by speaking to a live operator.

Oct 16, 2009:AOS and IV Fee bills generated and rec'd Invoice id number via e-mail

Oct 20, 2009 :AOS and IV Fee bills status - Paid (online)

RFE I lost at least two weeks

Nov 15,2009 :AOS and DS-230 package sent to NVC

Dec 08,2009 :case completed at NVC (checked through AVR) Merci Jesus

I am praying for a Jan Interview

2009-xx-xx : Forward the case to Embassy in PAP Haiti

Jan 04 2010 : Medical

Jan 27 2010 : Visa Interview

2009-xx-xx : Visa Approved

2009-xx-xx : Visa in Hand

2009-xx-xx : POE

Indeed God blessed us with a Jan 27 Interview what a birthday present

What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate. Mark 10:9

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

You very welcome Me too that’s what I thought :dance::dance:

I-130 Timeline:

Sept. 04, 2008 : I-130 Sent to Vermont SC - filed for spouse based on greencard

Oct. 24, 2008 : NOA 1 Received from VSC

April. 30, 2009 : Become US citizen, called USCIS to upgrade I-130 from F2A to IR-1 category

April. 30, 2009 : send a letter with copy of certificate of naturalization to upgrade the petition.

April. 30, 2009 : Status is upgraded to CR-1/IR-1 category and case is pending.

Sept 30, 2009 : NOA2 - approval notice sent Thanx to the God almighty

NVC Journey

Oct 4, 2009 : Case Number Assigned - Received this by speaking to a live operator.

Oct 16, 2009:AOS and IV Fee bills generated and rec'd Invoice id number via e-mail

Oct 20, 2009 :AOS and IV Fee bills status - Paid (online)

RFE I lost at least two weeks

Nov 15,2009 :AOS and DS-230 package sent to NVC

Dec 08,2009 :case completed at NVC (checked through AVR) Merci Jesus

I am praying for a Jan Interview

2009-xx-xx : Forward the case to Embassy in PAP Haiti

Jan 04 2010 : Medical

Jan 27 2010 : Visa Interview

2009-xx-xx : Visa Approved

2009-xx-xx : Visa in Hand

2009-xx-xx : POE

Indeed God blessed us with a Jan 27 Interview what a birthday present

What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate. Mark 10:9

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.