nc73

Interview date after sending in ds2001

13 posts in this topic

I think it varies from country to country. I DCF'd in Australia and sent in packet 3 overnight on a Thursday and heard back the following Thursday. Have you tried emailing to confirm they received your package?

I sent it recorded delivery and it showed as received. I don't know what email to use unless it's the same one as the one I used for the i130...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/faqs/...a_iv.html#iv200

I sent in my completed forms to the Immigrant Visa Unit, when will I be scheduled an appointment for my interview?

There is currently a back-log in the Immigrant Visa Unit of forms and applications waiting to be processed. If you have submitted the completed forms in connection with the administrative processing of your application, you should allow approximately three months for your case to be processed. During this period, we regret we cannot provide information on the status of the application or confirm if the forms have been received. On completion of the administrative processing of the application, you will receive notification of the scheduled visa interview

Sounds like you might have a bit of a wait. :(

Edited by amylp

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/faqs/...a_iv.html#iv200

Sounds like you might have a bit of a wait. :(

Thanks for the link! Although that page was updated in November. Wonder if it's still delayed?

If anything, sending the checklist and ds-230 at the same time should make it faster since there aren't documents to pair up.

Best thing to do is call the DOS -- (202) 663 1225. Press 1 and then 0 to get to an operator; have your case number ready (begins with LND). It is more than possible that they are actually closed today due to all the snow in DC, so try tomorrow.

Don't bother with the premium rate extortion line -- waste of money.

Best of luck! :star:

Edit to add: if you're at 4 weeks now since you sent it in, I would start getting a little curious, but your wait is unfortunately not that rare. Hope you get this sorted soon.

Edited by elmcitymaven

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

If anything, sending the checklist and ds-230 at the same time should make it faster since there aren't documents to pair up.

Best thing to do is call the DOS -- (202) 663 1225. Press 1 and then 0 to get to an operator; have your case number ready (begins with LND). It is more than possible that they are actually closed today due to all the snow in DC, so try tomorrow.

Don't bother with the premium rate extortion line -- waste of money.

Best of luck! :star:

Edit to add: if you're at 4 weeks now since you sent it in, I would start getting a little curious, but your wait is unfortunately not that rare. Hope you get this sorted soon.

Hey I found that dos number 10 mins ago and phoned them of course closed! strange that you posted the same thing! Anyways just wondering cuz i mailed the ds230 after 2-3 weeks. It never said immediately in the instructions I got until i found it on the website today. In any case this may explain the slowness but some people get it within a few weeks of mailing the ds230. If my landlord wasn't kicking us out march 5th i would not worry. might try the extortion line tomorrow though. thanks for the info!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.