XoO

SSN name change after K1 - AOS

12 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!!

I received my GC a couple of weeks ago with my married name on it. My SS card has the maiden name, and I went to the SS office to change it,

but the system did not allow the lady that was helping me to do it, because when she enter my GC number, USCIS system reflects my maiden name.

Has anyone else ran into the same problem before? What must be done in order to fix this essue?

Please help :unsure:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
Hi everyone!!

I received my GC a couple of weeks ago with my married name on it. My SS card has the maiden name, and I went to the SS office to change it,

but the system did not allow the lady that was helping me to do it, because when she enter my GC number, USCIS system reflects my maiden name.

Has anyone else ran into the same problem before? What must be done in order to fix this essue?

Please help :unsure:

Technically, it's the Systematic Alien Verification for Entitlements (SAVE) database in the USCIS system that has not been updated with the new married name (or else your GC would have had the maiden name also). It's the SAVE system that the SS Adminstation uses to verify your information. Check back with the SS office in a week or so and see if the name has been updated. Have you tried showing them your marriage certificate to show them the maiden & married name? If all else fails, I would make an infopass and tell them what's going on. Good Luck

AOS/ROC/Citizenship Timeline

DO - Baltimore

2010/2011

Day 0 - Nov. 29: I-751(ROC) Package Sent

Day 1 - Nov. 30: I-751(ROC) Package Delivered @ VSC

Day 4 - Dec. 03: I-751(ROC) Check Cashed

Day 34 - Jan. 13-2011: I-751(ROC) Biometrics Appointment Letter for 1/31/11

Day 46 - Jan. 31-2011: I-751(ROC) Biometrics Completed

Day 138 - Jun. 09-2011: I-751(ROC) Approval Letter Received

Day 0 - Oct. 26 '11: N400 Package Sent

Day 1 - Oct. 27 '11: N400 Package Delivered @ Lewisville, TX

Day 5 - Oct. 31 '11: N400 NOA-1

Day 34 - Nov. 28 '11: Email: Placed in line for interview

Day 57 - Dec. 22 '11: Received yellow letter

Day 144 - Mar. 17 '12: Received fingerprinting letter

Day 147 - Mar. 20 '12: Biometrics completed

Day 156 - Mar. 29 '12: Email: Interview scheduled, letter in mail

Day 190 - May. 02 '12: Interview Completed, Passed, Oath same day

Yes, I brougth my marriage certificate and show it to them, but nonetheless the would not changed it until my married name would appear in the system. At least that was what the lady at the SS office told me.

Initially she had asked for my EAD card and she told me that the card needed to show my married name. It does, but instead of given her my EAD card I gave her my GC (probably a mistake). She told me to wait too, but I'm afraid that they will never update the database.

Thank you so much! :)

XoOm

Filed: Timeline

The marriage certificate is your legal documentation for the name change. It has nothing to do with the USCIS. I am moving your thread from the AOS forum to the SSN section where you'll find posts by I Quit.... the subject matter expert. He has a number of commentaries on what to do in these cases.

Good luck. :)

iagree.gif

Hi everyone!!

Happens all the time and the SSA office is supposed to go to the next step in the vefification process, which is a secondary electronic verification request. The SSA office should receive a response within a week.

So 1 make sure they did it and 2 check back in a week to see if a response has been received.

Happens all the time and the SSA office is supposed to go to the next step in the vefification process, which is a secondary electronic verification request. The SSA office should receive a response within a week.

So 1 make sure they did it and 2 check back in a week to see if a response has been received.

Thank I Quit!

I'm almost sure that they didn't. But how can i now if they did it or not?

• 3 months later...

Hi!!

Just to inform you that I went back to the same office a week after my last post here, the same lady served me. I did everything as if for the first time, but this time the lady did what she had to do. She said she would ask for a review to see what happened. She took a copy of my GC and then handed me a letter saying they were investigating the case and that if I was eligible for SSC it would arrive by mail. The letter said that the process could take up to four weeks. Just four weeks after I got my new SSC with my married name on it in the mail

:)

Just to inform you that I went back to the same office a week after my last post here, the same lady served me. I did everything as if for the first time, but this time the lady did what she had to do. She said she would ask for a review to see what happened. She took a copy of my GC and then handed me a letter saying they were investigating the case and that if I was eligible for SSC it would arrive by mail. The letter said that the process could take up to four weeks. Just four weeks after I got my new SSC with my married name on it in the mail

When did you actually apply? Was it January?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.