CATHYlovesRICK

CRBA Documents...

25 posts in this topic

We received the forms from air21 and already start gathering all the necessary documents for the CRBA application of our daughter.To those who experienced filing CRBA for their daughter out of wedlock, What are all the forms that my fiance have to fill up and have to be notarized, just a bit confused here.And after we are done with everything and call for courier pick up,Am i suppose to put there all the documents that they only sent?and the rest in the interview?like my fiance passport,birth certificate,photos,proof of pregnancy and all other supporting documents?Sorry I have so many questions,just want to make sure of every little detail...

One more thing can my fiance just download the forms,instead of me sending them in Fedex and spend $$... :lol:

Thanks (F)

K1 JOURNEY

September 14, 2009 – NOA 1

December 17, 2009 – NOA 2(APPROVAL NOTICE)

January 6,2010 – NVC ASKING FOR ADDITIONAL REVIEW,RETURNED OUR PETITION TO USCIS

March 3, 2010 – REOPENED AND RECONSIDERED

MARCH 8, 2010 – RFE

APRIL 3, 2010 – REAFFIRMED(APPROVED)

APRIL 12, 2010 – CALLED NVC, CASE NO.ASSIGNED

APRIL 30, 2010 - CALLED NVC AGAIN, THEY SAID OUR PAPERS ARE STILL IN USCIS:(

JUNE 18, 2010 - FINALLY, NVC SENT OUR PAPERS TO MANILA

JUNE 25, 2010 - EMBASSY HAVE THE ELECTRONIC COPY

JULY 6 and 7 2010 - MEDICAL(PASSED^_^)

JULY 12, 2010 - INTERVIEW (PASSED)THANK YOU GOD!!!

JULY 21, 2009 - POE(SAN FRANCISCO,WHAT A WONDERFUL CITY:))

CRBA JOURNEY(out of WEDLOCK)

JANUARY 17, 2009 – called FEDEX, ordered packet!

MARCH 15, 2009 – CALLED FEDEX FOR PICK UP

MARCH 17, 2009 – RECEIVED A CALL FROM EMBASSY FOR OUR DAUGHTER’S APPERANCE.MAR. 30:)

MARCH 30, 2009 – CRBA APPROVED WITHOUT DNA,TO GOD BE THE GLORY:)

APRIL 14, 2009 – CRBA CERTIFICATE AND US PASSPORT RECEIVED(YAY!!!)

AOS

DECEMBER 7, 2010 – sent AOS docs via USPS Express mail to USCIS Chicago Lockbox

DECEMBER 8, 2010 – package was delivered to USCIS, signed by R. Mercado

DECEMBER 15, 2010 – cheque cashed

DECEMBER 17, 2010 - received NOA 1 for I-765, I-485 in the mail dated DEC. 14

DECEMBER 23, 2010 - received biometrics appointment(JAN 14,2010)dated DEC 17.

I FOUND MY DESTINY,MY SOUL MATE,MY BETTER HALF!

We received the forms from air21 and already start gathering all the necessary documents for the CRBA application of our daughter.To those who experienced filing CRBA for their daughter out of wedlock, What are all the forms that my fiance have to fill up and have to be notarized, just a bit confused here.And after we are done with everything and call for courier pick up,Am i suppose to put there all the documents that they only sent?and the rest in the interview?like my fiance passport,birth certificate,photos,proof of pregnancy and all other supporting documents?Sorry I have so many questions,just want to make sure of every little detail...

One more thing can my fiance just download the forms,instead of me sending them in Fedex and spend $$... :lol:

Thanks (F)

He can download this Affidavit of Parentage

To be safe girl, just have it sent to you after he fills out the affidavit, you can never tell how the consul would prefer the submitted affidavit - fax'd/photocopy, scanned, email'd, original etc ... obviously, original is the safest thing to give - with his signature and notary seal from the US.

Yes, he's gonna spend - and he has to.

• CR1 Timeline
  • 11.07.08 - I-130 & Documents Mailed to USCIS via USPS
  • 11.09.08 - Docs signed for by whoever R. Mercado is of USCIS... (via tracking result)
  • 11.18.08 - Application transferred to California Service Center
  • 11.20.08 - NOA1 Received
  • 06.25.09 - Approval Notice sent on e-mail from USCIS.. Yaaaa~Ha!!! Thanks "Bro"!
  • 06.29.09 - NOA2 Approval Notice hard copy recv'd
  • 07.14.09 - AOS Notice letter from NVC recv'd
  • 07.24.09 - Recv'd DS-3032 (choice of agent) with MNL Case No.
  • 07.28.09 - AOS certified check payment recv'd at NVC
  • 08.01.09 - DS-3032 Mailed to NVC via UPS
  • 08.06.09 - DS-3032 acknowledgment
  • 08.08.09 - [iV] Bill for Immigrant Visa e-mail recv'd
  • 08.13.09 - [iV] Bill Paid
  • 08.14.09 - DS-230 Instruction Packet e-mail recv'd
  • 08.20.09 - I-864 acknowledgment
  • 08.27.09 - DS-230 acknowledgment
  • 09.09.09 - NVC Case complete
  • 09.12.09 - Appointment Letter recv'd
  • 09.28.09 - Medical
  • 09.29.09 - Medical Passed
  • 10.02.09 - Visa on hold. CRBA Required.
  • 12.21.09 - Submitted addt'l docs. [white slip: Passport and CRBA]
  • 12.28.09 - Visa approved. Thank you Lord!
  • 01.07.10 - VISA ON HAND on my lucky 7th day of the month! :D
  • 01.12.10 - CFO Seminar at St. Mary's
  • 02.17.10 - POE: Detroit. [destination: Chicago ORD]
  • 03.02.10 - SSN recv'd
  • 03.08.10 - 2 yr. Green Card recv'd
  • 03.09.10 - I-797C Welcome notice recv'd

He can download this Affidavit of Parentage

Lol!! Sorry, a part from there reads "SUBSCRIBED AND SWORN TO (AFFIRMED) before me this ___________ day of___________,

20________ at Taipei, Taiwan."

sorry, just did a quick search, you could just edit that Taiwan part and replace it with whatever :P

• CR1 Timeline
  • 11.07.08 - I-130 & Documents Mailed to USCIS via USPS
  • 11.09.08 - Docs signed for by whoever R. Mercado is of USCIS... (via tracking result)
  • 11.18.08 - Application transferred to California Service Center
  • 11.20.08 - NOA1 Received
  • 06.25.09 - Approval Notice sent on e-mail from USCIS.. Yaaaa~Ha!!! Thanks "Bro"!
  • 06.29.09 - NOA2 Approval Notice hard copy recv'd
  • 07.14.09 - AOS Notice letter from NVC recv'd
  • 07.24.09 - Recv'd DS-3032 (choice of agent) with MNL Case No.
  • 07.28.09 - AOS certified check payment recv'd at NVC
  • 08.01.09 - DS-3032 Mailed to NVC via UPS
  • 08.06.09 - DS-3032 acknowledgment
  • 08.08.09 - [iV] Bill for Immigrant Visa e-mail recv'd
  • 08.13.09 - [iV] Bill Paid
  • 08.14.09 - DS-230 Instruction Packet e-mail recv'd
  • 08.20.09 - I-864 acknowledgment
  • 08.27.09 - DS-230 acknowledgment
  • 09.09.09 - NVC Case complete
  • 09.12.09 - Appointment Letter recv'd
  • 09.28.09 - Medical
  • 09.29.09 - Medical Passed
  • 10.02.09 - Visa on hold. CRBA Required.
  • 12.21.09 - Submitted addt'l docs. [white slip: Passport and CRBA]
  • 12.28.09 - Visa approved. Thank you Lord!
  • 01.07.10 - VISA ON HAND on my lucky 7th day of the month! :D
  • 01.12.10 - CFO Seminar at St. Mary's
  • 02.17.10 - POE: Detroit. [destination: Chicago ORD]
  • 03.02.10 - SSN recv'd
  • 03.08.10 - 2 yr. Green Card recv'd
  • 03.09.10 - I-797C Welcome notice recv'd

Thanks (F)

follow the instructions stated in the checklist. The forms ur hubby needs to be filled out are the forms u received from the embassy. you can not just download the forms. yes do not send the passport u can bring them during your interview and you need to bring the baby with you too during ur interview. Chances are you might be required to have a DNA test since you are not married to the father of ur child yet.

Hi CATHYlovesRICK,

My fiance and I are going through the CRBA process right now. I am the USC and filled out the required documents DS-2029 (Application for Consular Report of Birth Abroad of a Citizen of The United States of America) had them notarized and sent them to my fiance in Manila. Make sure you also fill out a DS-11 (Application for U.S. Passport) and also DS-3053 (Statement of Consent or Special Circumstances). The DS-3053 will need to be notarized. Make sure the USC fills these forms out along with a notarized DS-5507 (Affidavit of Parentage, Physical Presence and Support) this form will need to be notarized on page 3 and 4. When done you should have a total of 4 notary stamps. Also make sure every document sent including supporting documents are originals.

Be prepared to be asked to have DNA test. This seems to be pretty standard for children born out of wedlock. When asked I immediately went to the link provided for accredited laboratories. The cost is 650.00 and they will expedite all forms and collection kits for no additional charge. The whole process should take less than two weeks.

Hope this helps.

Naturalization

3-24-2014 Mailed N-400

3-26-2014 N-400 received at Lewisville, TX

Hi CATHYlovesRICK,

My fiance and I are going through the CRBA process right now. I am the USC and filled out the required documents DS-2029 (Application for Consular Report of Birth Abroad of a Citizen of The United States of America) had them notarized and sent them to my fiance in Manila. Make sure you also fill out a DS-11 (Application for U.S. Passport) and also DS-3053 (Statement of Consent or Special Circumstances). The DS-3053 will need to be notarized. Make sure the USC fills these forms out along with a notarized DS-5507 (Affidavit of Parentage, Physical Presence and Support) this form will need to be notarized on page 3 and 4. When done you should have a total of 4 notary stamps. Also make sure every document sent including supporting documents are originals.

Be prepared to be asked to have DNA test. This seems to be pretty standard for children born out of wedlock. When asked I immediately went to the link provided for accredited laboratories. The cost is 650.00 and they will expedite all forms and collection kits for no additional charge. The whole process should take less than two weeks.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,oh really they required you for a DNA test?you mean Php650.00 or $650?I never put in my mind that we will require a DNA test coz i believe we have every evidence to prove our genuine relationship and we have all the Documents to prove that our baby is her daughter,but my fiance is prepared just in case but i hope NO DNA test...A lot of Filipina too that i have talked too,they passed it without DNA test,they said its a case to case basis,once the consul is not satisfied with your documents and evidences then they will for sure require DNA!But thanks anyway for the information....God Bless

K1 JOURNEY

January 6,2010 – NVC ASKING FOR ADDITIONAL REVIEW,RETURNED OUR PETITION TO USCIS

MARCH 8, 2010 – RFE

MARCH 17, 2009 – RECEIVED A CALL FROM EMBASSY FOR OUR DAUGHTER’S APPERANCE.MAR. 30:)

AOS

Yes I hope you will not have to do DNA test. My fiance said the CO told her they usually request if the child is born out of wedlock. She said if we had evidence that we were living together like both our names on a lease they would accept that. All our other paper work was in order. I signed the birth certificate at birth and my son even has my name, he is a Jr. They still requested DNA. It is 650.00 USD. It is generally 799.00 USD but the lab said they were running a special so the total cost was 650.00 USD. Anyway just so you don't get delayed after your K-1 interview, make sure this is done prior. They will not release your passport and visa until the CRBA is complete.

Naturalization

3-24-2014 Mailed N-400

Yes I hope you will not have to do DNA test. My fiance said the CO told her they usually request if the child is born out of wedlock. She said if we had evidence that we were living together like both our names on a lease they would accept that. All our other paper work was in order. I signed the birth certificate at birth and my son even has my name, he is a Jr. They still requested DNA. It is 650.00 USD. It is generally 799.00 USD but the lab said they were running a special so the total cost was 650.00 USD. Anyway just so you don't get delayed after your K-1 interview, make sure this is done prior. They will not release your passport and visa until the CRBA is complete.

How many weeks before you can acquire the DNA results?If ever we will be required with DNA test then i will definite ask more information on you about it, hope that's ok with you^_^THANKS

K1 JOURNEY

MARCH 8, 2010 – RFE

AOS

Thanks,oh really they required you for a DNA test?you mean Php650.00 or $650?I never put in my mind that we will require a DNA test coz i believe we have every evidence to prove our genuine relationship and we have all the Documents to prove that our baby is her daughter,but my fiance is prepared just in case but i hope NO DNA test...A lot of Filipina too that i have talked too,they passed it without DNA test,they said its a case to case basis,once the consul is not satisfied with your documents and evidences then they will for sure require DNA!But thanks anyway for the information....God Bless

It is a big possiblity that u will be required to have a DNA test especially that u are not married to the father of ur child yet. But it all depends on the CO. When i had my interview..some had to do the DNA testing married or not to the fahter of the CRBA applicant.

It is a big possiblity that u will be required to have a DNA test especially that u are not married to the father of ur child yet. But it all depends on the CO. When i had my interview..some had to do the DNA testing married or not to the fahter of the CRBA applicant.

[/quote

We know that so well and me and my LOVE are so prepared for it,but of course who knows,right?We just want to think positively in any way we can coz it will not help to think and stressed ourselves so much with all the possibility of DNA testing!With or without DNA test,it will be OK!We're prepared..

K1 JOURNEY

MARCH 8, 2010 – RFE

AOS

CATHYloves RICK,

Of course it is okay, I will be happy to help you anyway I can. As for a time line it depends on the labortory you choose. I used one on the list the USEM gave my fiance. I called as soon as they opened the morning after the USEM requested it. That was a friday morning. The laborotory set an appointment for my colloection at a clinic close to my home for Monday morning. They sent a collection kit to the USEM via FedEx that Friday morning and sent me the tracking number. The USEM recieved it Monday morning. The USEM called my fiance on Thursday to set appointment. They scheduled the appointment for Feb 5th. The USEM will send the sample back to the lab via FedEx. The lab told me once they have the samples they will have the results within three days. They will then send a copy of the results to the USEM via FedEx and a copy to me. Not sure how long after that it will be for the USEM to issue the CRBA and passport. I will keep you updated on that.

Hope this helps, please feel free to ask me any questions. By the way fiance's name is Rosemaricar and I am Rick.

Naturalization

3-24-2014 Mailed N-400

CATHYloves RICK,

Of course it is okay, I will be happy to help you anyway I can. As for a time line it depends on the labortory you choose. I used one on the list the USEM gave my fiance. I called as soon as they opened the morning after the USEM requested it. That was a friday morning. The laborotory set an appointment for my colloection at a clinic close to my home for Monday morning. They sent a collection kit to the USEM via FedEx that Friday morning and sent me the tracking number. The USEM recieved it Monday morning. The USEM called my fiance on Thursday to set appointment. They scheduled the appointment for Feb 5th. The USEM will send the sample back to the lab via FedEx. The lab told me once they have the samples they will have the results within three days. They will then send a copy of the results to the USEM via FedEx and a copy to me. Not sure how long after that it will be for the USEM to issue the CRBA and passport. I will keep you updated on that.

Hope this helps, please feel free to ask me any questions. By the way fiance's name is Rosemaricar and I am Rick.

WOW!Friends of my Love call him Rick or Ricky most of the time,And I am Catherine!Nice to meet you and be friends with you,God bless you and your family!BTW,where are you in US?

K1 JOURNEY

MARCH 8, 2010 – RFE

AOS

Home is in Yukon, Oklahoma. My work is in Nashville, Tennessee. I travel all over. How about your fiance?

Naturalization

3-24-2014 Mailed N-400

hello guys,

I have done reading all your post and I Have some questions regarding CRBA.Me and my fiance had made all the steps in applying for CRBA but i never read a case in this site desame as mine,my fiance is here in manila at the moment,my question is about DNA,if they will request us to do the DNA how much would it be if it will be done in manila and how long will it take?we will have our interview on Feb 22,2010 I already did my K1 visa interview and my visa was on hold because of my sons CRBA.Is there any one could give me an idea how would it be?

If there is somebody who could give me a detailed experince it would be a big help.

My visa is on hold because of CRBA.

My fiance is here to attend the said interview for our sons appearance to USEM.

Will it take too long?

:unsure:

Hi hannelore,

First I hope you can your sons CRBA without DNA. If the USEM request DNA, your fiance will need to call one of the accredited DNA testing facilities. The USEM will give you information with a link to a list of the accredited testing facilities. The cost will be between 650.00 and 800.00 USD. The facility will send the sample collection kit via FedEx to the USEM. Once the Embassy receives the collection kit they will notify St Lukes, St Lukes will then schedule an appointment for the collection. The DNA collection will be taken at the USEM. Once that is done the USEM will send the collection back the lab in the US. This is where we are at now. I was told the lab will take 3 days to run the test once they receive the DNA collection kits. They will then forward the results to the USEM. I am not sure how long it will take the USEM to make a decision from there. I hope not long. :unsure:

I would recommend that you start gathering anything you can that will support the fact that your fiance is the father. If you were living together when the child was conceived try to gather any documents that support that. Also if your fiance paid the hospital bill bring the receipts. The more information you have the better chances are that you will not be requested to have DNA.

Please feel free to ask me any questions, I will answer anything about our experience.

Good luck and God Bless.

Naturalization

3-24-2014 Mailed N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.