slider100

K-1 petition expiring, is that a problem?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey guys, its been quite sometime since my last post. I had a question, I submitted my P-3 at the Montreal consulate on the 23rd November, 2009 and it was logged in their system on November 30th, 2009. My NOA-2 expires on February 1st, 2010 and just like the other K-1 applicants, I am waiting for an interview date. My question is do I need to email Montreal or will they extend the validity of the petition automatically? Also, I wanted to know whether Montreal is done scheduling for February, if someone knows the answer to this for sure.

Thank you for your answers in advance!!!

KnR aka slider100

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Montreal automatically extends the validity period of your petition, so no worries there.

As far as February scheduling I have no idea! I know they have scheduled a bunch of people, so It seems unlikely they would schedule more interviews now, but I guess anything is possible.

If Montreal has it, they automatically extend it if you've sent back you Packet 3. I was worried when mine was getting close to expiry so I sent an email and got a response that as long as anything they have requested that you've sent back, then they automatically extend it. If your the reason why its going to expire, (i.e...you delayed in sending anything back) then you would need request to have it extended. But you've sent packet 3 in so its just a waiting game now. Good luck and I hope you hear something soon.

Wisconsin Hunter & A Canadian Beaver

event.png

Timeline

Slider my noa2 expired on dec 6th, it was automatically extended :) No worries. i even asked that of DOS and they told me the minute nvc got it in on dec 2nd it was extended.

Edited by Kimbear

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

We're in the exact same situation with our K-1. Also in Montreal. Also Feb 1 expiration. Also submitted on Nov 23 (small world, eh?). Glad to know everything is OK. We would really like to get married on March 12th, since we have a week off after that for our honeymoon. But we need to get that letter soon if that's going to happen.

Let us know when you get your letter and we'll do the same with ours,

R&R

Hey guys, its been quite sometime since my last post. I had a question, I submitted my P-3 at the Montreal consulate on the 23rd November, 2009 and it was logged in their system on November 30th, 2009. My NOA-2 expires on February 1st, 2010 and just like the other K-1 applicants, I am waiting for an interview date. My question is do I need to email Montreal or will they extend the validity of the petition automatically? Also, I wanted to know whether Montreal is done scheduling for February, if someone knows the answer to this for sure.

Thank you for your answers in advance!!!

KnR aka slider100

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
We're in the exact same situation with our K-1. Also in Montreal. Also Feb 1 expiration. Also submitted on Nov 23 (small world, eh?). Glad to know everything is OK. We would really like to get married on March 12th, since we have a week off after that for our honeymoon. But we need to get that letter soon if that's going to happen.

R&R

Do you have your interview date yet??? They just recently scheduled a ton of people for March. I'm going to assume they're done with March scheduling so if your interview date hasn't been set yet you're probably looking at April before you'll have an interview.

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
How did you find out that they recently scheduled tons of March interviews?

We know this because we speak to each other in this forum :)

Can't speak to K visas however for IR1/CR1 we keep a list of interview dates here - if you have a look you will see who has been scheduled for Feb/March:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=3672940

I believe for K visas you can call the Department of State to see if your interview has been scheduled yet.

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

Yep, you can call DOS and get updates on the status of your application at any stage. The number is 202-663-1225. They will be able to tell you if Montreal has booked you for an interview yet.

You might want to check out this thread if you haven't:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...083&st=2985

Its where all the K-1's waiting for Montreal interviews gather and discuss their interviews and dates when they come in.

There are people who sent their packets back in January who now have March and April interviews, so I would guess you have an interview date scheduled based on the time you send your P-3. So definitely give them a call on Monday!

Timeline

R&R

Hey blueguitar, you bet its a small world ! I hope you call the DOS early tomorrow morning and hear some great news regarding your interview date... Let me know so that I can add you to the list of all the March interviewees (Keeping fingers crossed)!

KnR

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.