Batta

Embassy of Amman- Packet 3

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hello folks,

I have a question in regards Packet 3.

Amman received our file which was transferred from Baghdad embassy on Jan 4th. Our NOA2 is to expire on Feb 19th and the Amman embassy said they will contact is once they set an interview date.

The problem I have is packet 3 was sent to the APO address of fiancé so he never received it. I told Amman this and I asked them twice since last week and today about if they are going to send a packet 3 or it is OK with the document we filled out from net.

They never responded and I am trying to figure out if we have to send document of packet 3 to the embassy or these are needed during the interview date.

Also how long it takes for interview to be set in Amman, these days they seems to be less busy because many of Iraqis had moved to Syria

Your response is greatly appreciated.

Batta

" She's my kind of rain"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Batta,

It took us about three months to get our appointment, but that was for a different visa. Go to timelines here on vj and you will get a better idea.

As far as your packet, try calling the embassy and see if you can get a better response. If you are in Jordan, maybe they'll let you pick it up.

Good Luck to you!!

Waiting.....Waiting....waiting....waiting....and more waiting..........

Filed: Other Country: Jordan
Timeline
Batta,

It took us about three months to get our appointment, but that was for a different visa. Go to timelines here on vj and you will get a better idea.

As far as your packet, try calling the embassy and see if you can get a better response. If you are in Jordan, maybe they'll let you pick it up.

Good Luck to you!!

Hey ladies, wishing you both the best of luck its been things on my end holding up to send in my application for my love, insha'Allah you both will have great success soon! But keep me posted I won't be far behind in one way or another. Plus I heard through the grapevine that lots of changes have occured in the embassy that makes things smoother in general for everyone!

Hugs, Tam

Timeline
Hey ladies, wishing you both the best of luck its been things on my end holding up to send in my application for my love, insha'Allah you both will have great success soon! But keep me posted I won't be far behind in one way or another. Plus I heard through the grapevine that lots of changes have occured in the embassy that makes things smoother in general for everyone!

Hugs, Tam

Tam,

thank you sooo much!!!

What kinda changes? I hope that it's something that means we will have the visa ASAP. All this waiting and counting Days as been torture.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I always had great luck and quick responses by emailing Amman. I had to change my husbands address with them when it was time to send out the packet and they responded quickly saying they would but it did take some time for him to get it. I would shoot them an email and ask if its been mailed again AND ask if they will automatically extend the date on your 129f. I had to ask the same question for our K3 because it was going to cut it close by the time it left NVC....no problems. So try not to worry too much about that.

Good Luck and keep us posted

Lisa

Like someone else said, check a few timelines so you have a general idea. Amman was scheduling K visas about 30 days out when we went through and had been for a year prior, unless something changed..look at about a month.

Edited by Y's_habibitk

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline

Thank you so much for reply.

I am not in Jordan, so it is going to be hard to go pick up the document, though it is available online.

My frustration that I sent 3 e-mails so far asking them about packet 3 and if they are going to send us once because the last one sent by Baghdad we never received. I wish they can answer with "Yes" or "No"

Before the new years, I aw better response from the embassy, If I sent email at night US time when I wake up I will see an answer. Now since Jan, it is a different case, I had to send several emails for them to acknowledge case was received.

Therefore I don't know if the change was positive.

My fiancé tried again to send email and no response as of this morning. I will try to call embassy tomorrow and check..

Our NOA 2 will expire in 1 month and I don't know how this will effect.

Hope you ladies have a "Better" journey than me.

Regards,

Batta

" She's my kind of rain"

Timeline

When we atempted the K1, my fiance (now husband) never got packet 3. The embassy let us print everything online.

We got our NOA2 on June 1, and his interview was Sept 1.

You may want to see if you can get some kind of extension if you only have a month before your NOA2 expires!

Timeline

I just got through DOS and I was told that they have a note saying they are receiving our emails.

They also said they have a note about packet 3 not being sent, so I don't understand what they are waiting for.

DOS still showing the old address, although I have asked embassy to changed on several occasions to change it.

DOS told me to scan/ email the document required for packet 3, and also send it in mail.

I guess I will try this route and also try to email them to change our address again and ask about packet 3.

For extension I believe I can ask from now, but I hope I can get an appointment before that it is been a painful experience

" She's my kind of rain"

Timeline

I looked at the timelines. It isn't showing any interviews for the K1 since the beginning of November, so it's been awhile for the timelines here. At that time, it was taking about 2 1/2 months for them to schedule interviews.

I have had a hard time getting responses from the Amman embassy in the past. So, this is what I did.... I have several email address; work, school, personal....anyway, I emailed them from a different email address and I got a response quickly after that. Try that and see if it works.

I hope you get the answers you are looking for soon. I also hope that you get a quick interview!!

Timeline

Hello,

So the embassy seems they responded to my fiance but not me :)

They told him that file in Amman and it is under review!

What kind of a review, it is a case sent by NVC and it was approved..

Again, they did not answer the Packet 3 question..

I will ask him to scan the form and send it by email, so no execuse, we will also send it by Aramx

I sent them email at 7 AM asking them to update his address since it is still wrong in system..so let's see if they will answer me..

So any thought on the review thing...

Batta

" She's my kind of rain"

Timeline

You are under review when they haven't done an interview? I don't understand that. Call DOS and ask them what that means.

I hope the consulate gets all this straigtened out for you soon!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I agree that you should call DOS and ask what that might mean. I have never heard of an app being under review before an actual interview takes place. They may have spotted something in the docs that NVC missed as they have more experience in the local docs than NVC, but who knows Im totally speculating of course.

Let us know what answer you get from DOS and good luck.

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline
I agree that you should call DOS and ask what that might mean. I have never heard of an app being under review before an actual interview takes place. They may have spotted something in the docs that NVC missed as they have more experience in the local docs than NVC, but who knows Im totally speculating of course.

Let us know what answer you get from DOS and good luck.

Does anyone who went through k-1 through jordanian Embassy know what documents the embassy asks for?

2009-12-03 I-129F Sent

2009-12-07 NOA1

2010-03-15 NOA2

2010-03-17 NVC Received

2010-03-25 Embassy Received

2010-05-06 Interview.....Approved

Timeline

Hello,

Update:

So I called DOS on Thursday asking about the response of embassy in regards to the word “review".

DOS said only note shows, that Embassy yet to schedule interview, and no other notes.

Fiancé emailed embassy and they responded by saying, packet 3 will be sent once interview is scheduled...

At this point we are waiting...

//Batta

" She's my kind of rain"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.