The_dip_sticks

Where can I Fingerprints in london

17 posts in this topic

To my knowledge, the foreign fiance does not get fingerprints done, at least not in the phase that you are at. He'll need a police report, though, from where he has lived to take with him to the interview.

Police certificate

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Timeline

We have requested a police record, how ever my husband needs a background check because we need to request his records from the time that he was refused. I have called all places and they told me that this is the best way to find out why he was refused or what not when he came to vist me. We were adivced to get the FBI background check done. We just need to find out where to get the pinfer prints done. He tried to do it him self but they did not work out.

To my knowledge, the foreign fiance does not get fingerprints done, at least not in the phase that you are at. He'll need a police report, though, from where he has lived to take with him to the interview.

Police certificate

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Still unsure, even with your explanation why you need fingerprints for an FBI check. If he was denied entry on a VWP, it could be something as simple as he didn't have enough strong supporting evidence of his intent to return to the UK. If this is the case, then nothing much to worry about, it wouldn't affect your on-going petition in anyway.

bar37.gif

Image14.jpg

bar37.gif

Who advised you to get an FBI background check for the non USC (besides the checks that the USCIS will run on their own and the police certificate)?

SA4userbar.jpg

Like I said we have been adviced to request both the FOIA records and the FBI Background check. We have the forms but the fbi check has a page where they want his finger prints on them. they said we can do our own finger prints or get them done. We need the the fbi check to get data on his entry and to find out if he really was excluded deported or removed. like i said the lawyer does not know and has been unable to get any paper work from the poe. We were adviced to go about getting any records if they even exist this way. In another forum I was told to do this also. Many people here have requested the fbi check sent off the prints and every thing.....I guess just not in London.

Still unsure, even with your explanation why you need fingerprints for an FBI check. If he was denied entry on a VWP, it could be something as simple as he didn't have enough strong supporting evidence of his intent to return to the UK. If this is the case, then nothing much to worry about, it wouldn't affect your on-going petition in anyway.

The FBI has information on what happened at a POE (when there wasn't some kind of terrorist activity at play)? Wow, I had no idea. Guess I thought that would all be kept within CBP. The agencies are notoriously ####### at sharing information, even sometimes when flat out terrorism is involved.

At any rate, can you not call some information number at the FBI, explain the situation and ask them what to do? Or have your fiance call the embassy in London? Maybe they would be able to do that for him or point him in the right direction?

IF they are going to deny you the visa, you'll have to file a waiver anyway, so what will the FOIA and this check do for you? It may prepare you for what's to come a little bit (though the outcome would be the same - a waiver), or it may just work you up and get you worried for nothing (as they may just approve the visa).

SA4userbar.jpg

The reason for this is because our lawyer wants my husband, to be prepared with the waiver in his hand IN CASE they tell him that he needs one. The lawyer contacted the london consulate and they adviced her to have the client have the waiver ready and prepared so that they can take if it is needed the day of the interview. That way if things we are prepared it will cut the waiting time. Just getting to the interview takes so long. God will we get the visa with no problems, but the lawyer wants to be proactive and be prepared for what ever curve they throw our way. We rather do this now while we wait than to waste time latter getting things prepeared and delaying my husbabd and I from being together.

The FBI has information on what happened at a POE (when there wasn't some kind of terrorist activity at play)? Wow, I had no idea. Guess I thought that would all be kept within CBP. The agencies are notoriously ####### at sharing information, even sometimes when flat out terrorism is involved. The background che

At any rate, can you not call some information number at the FBI, explain the situation and ask them what to do? Or have your fiance call the embassy in London? Maybe they would be able to do that for him or point him in the right direction?

IF they are going to deny you the visa, you'll have to file a waiver anyway, so what will the FOIA and this check do for you? It may prepare you for what's to come a little bit (though the outcome would be the same - a waiver), or it may just work you up and get you worried for nothing (as they may just approve the visa).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
The reason for this is because our lawyer wants my husband, to be prepared with the waiver in his hand IN CASE they tell him that he needs one. The lawyer contacted the london consulate and they adviced her to have the client have the waiver ready and prepared so that they can take if it is needed the day of the interview. That way if things we are prepared it will cut the waiting time. Just getting to the interview takes so long. God will we get the visa with no problems, but the lawyer wants to be proactive and be prepared for what ever curve they throw our way. We rather do this now while we wait than to waste time latter getting things prepeared and delaying my husbabd and I from being together.

The FBI has information on what happened at a POE (when there wasn't some kind of terrorist activity at play)? Wow, I had no idea. Guess I thought that would all be kept within CBP. The agencies are notoriously ####### at sharing information, even sometimes when flat out terrorism is involved. The background che

They take the finger prints at the embassy the day of the interview if a waiver is being submitted. If your lawyer contacted the consulate they should have told him this.

I still don't understand why you would go through all of this when you intend to live in the UK. Why spend months or years apart when you could just get a spousal visa now for you and just go there and start living your lives together. Do you prefer all this drama? I know you said you want to have a formal wedding in the USA but this is a high price to pay just to have a wedding and then go back to the UK. You are making this way too complicated.

Waivers are not always approved you know. Its not just a formality. Have you looked at our timeline at the bottom of my posts? Think about it. You said your husband has actually done jail time yet you seem more worried about the refusal at the POE. All Tom had was a 100 pound fine and our waiver was denied. Someone else with an overstay was denied. In London.

mary

Tom (London)   Mary (Michigan)

Sept. 2003 - meet online, become friends

May 2004 - we have grown close

Nov. 2004 - Tom books a flight to Michigan for Jan. 2005

Jan. 17, 2005 - first meeting at the Detroit Airport, 16 days together!

Feb. 2. 2005 - Tom returns to London. We start investigating our options

April 7, 2005 - Tom arrives for another visit.

April 8, 2005 - engaged.

April 26, 2005 - K1 sent to Nebrasksa. Tom flies back to London :(

May 6, 2005 - NOA1

June 14, 2005 - Tom returns to the USA:)

July 5, 2005 - Tom goes back to London :(

July 25, 2005 - NOA2 email- waited 3 months

Aug. 22, 2005 - Tom receives Packet 3

Sept. 6, 2005 - Packet 3 sent to Embassy

Oct. 20, 2005 - medical in London -booked 7 weeks earlier!

Nov. 9, 2005 - email embassy - have we have been forgotten?

Nov. 15, 2005 - Mary flies to London (Brixton) for 12 weeks

Nov. 18, 2005 - embassy replies to email, date assigned

Nov. 22, 2005 - Packet 4 received

Nov. 25, 2005 - interview in London - DENIED :(

Nov. 30, 2005 - mailed waiver

Feb. 6, 2006 - still waiting for decision. Mary extends stay from Feb. 7 to March 21

March 3, 2006 - WAIVER DENIED :(

March 2006 - Mary extends UK stay again. We rent a house near London (Gravesend) and move.

May 10th - Mary returns to USA - torn apart again

June 27, 2006 - Mary receives UK fiance visa

July 31,2006 - Mary sells house in USA

Sept. 1, 2006 - Mary moves to UK

Oct. 9, 2006 - wedding

That's great - and I agree with having a waiver prepared at the interview in case you need it.

The part I don't understand is why you need fingerprints and an FBI check to have a waiver prepared. Especially if, as mary&tom said, they take his fingerprints at the Embassy the day he files the waiver anyway.

And I especially ditto what mary&tom said about going through all of this if you're not going to live in the US anyway. Seems like a massive waste of time, effort, blood/sweat/tears and money. Whatever happened to you guys seeking out a tourist visa (in order to have a wedding here)?

SA4userbar.jpg

Timeline
And I especially ditto what mary&tom said about going through all of this if you're not going to live in the US anyway. Seems like a massive waste of time, effort, blood/sweat/tears and money. Whatever happened to you guys seeking out a tourist visa (in order to have a wedding here)?

That's what I was wondering. In one of your other threads you said that you would try for a tourist visa (which still might require a waiver but I would hope that the process would be less time consuming). Personally I would forget the wedding as you are already married and concentrate on the marriage. You could be living together ! Do you want to, or is this internet fantasy more fun?

Sorry, we have been up by this process and that colors my perception of everything right now. All we ever wanted was to relax and enjoy a life together.

Maybe if I was still young and starry-eyed.....

mary

April 8, 2005 - engaged.

May 6, 2005 - NOA1

Feb. 6, 2006 - still waiting for decision. Mary extends stay from Feb. 7 to March 21

March 2006 - Mary extends UK stay again. We rent a house near London (Gravesend) and move.

Oct. 9, 2006 - wedding

Timeline
Sorry, we have been up by this process and that colors my perception of everything right now. All we ever wanted was to relax and enjoy a life together.

Maybe if I was still young and starry-eyed.....

mary

oops.... one of my words disappeared.. that was supposed to read "we have been beaten up by this process"

mary

April 8, 2005 - engaged.

May 6, 2005 - NOA1

Oct. 9, 2006 - wedding

Every one has their reasons and specific situations as to why they are procssing visa for here or there or any where. Any how never mind the people here missing the point to my question. The only thing i DID ask for was were can we get finger prints done in London. No one answering the question. Forget it. Thanks any ways.

Sorry to hear that Marry. Couldnt ' an inmigration lawyer have adviced on the proabablity of the waiver getting approved or denied under your circumstances? What was the 100 pound fine for? Was it something listed for Moral Turpitude? So now that you moved to the UK, will you ever be able to move to the states with your husband?

They take the finger prints at the embassy the day of the interview if a waiver is being submitted. If your lawyer contacted the consulate they should have told him this.

I still don't understand why you would go through all of this when you intend to live in the UK. Why spend months or years apart when you could just get a spousal visa now for you and just go there and start living your lives together. Do you prefer all this drama? I know you said you want to have a formal wedding in the USA but this is a high price to pay just to have a wedding and then go back to the UK. You are making this way too complicated.

Waivers are not always approved you know. Its not just a formality. Have you looked at our timeline at the bottom of my posts? Think about it. You said your husband has actually done jail time yet you seem more worried about the refusal at the POE. All Tom had was a 100 pound fine and our waiver was denied. Someone else with an overstay was denied. In London.

mary

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.