JeromeBinh_________________8/20/2009

ToanTien___________________8/20/2009

Ly Trinh ___________________8/21/2009

Huong and Phung ___________9/8/2009

VJ Members who made it out of AP & results:

Ituan _____________________8/10/2009 - 09/15/2009 - 36 days in AP - Denied

Lindal24 ___________________7/8/2009 - 10/7/2009 - 91 days in AP - APPROVED

FrednDaoHoney_____________1/17/2009 - 10/15/2009 - 271 days in AP - APPROVED

Please add yourself if you are currently in Administrative Processing "AP" (2nd blue slip).

The initial blue slip (*IF you don't get pink) at the initial interview date IS NOT the same as an AP Blue Slip you get when you submit additional information as indicated on the 1st blue slip from the initial interview. The date listed is the date the 2nd blue slip is received, not necessarily the date that was listed on the 1st blue slip (in case you submitted your requested documents early)

Sample AP Blue Slip:

http://www.visajourney.com/gallery/albums/...cture1_copy.jpg

(luckytxn @ Oct 4 2009, 06:32 PM)

Also to others about to go through the process and/or interview please do not fret so much. Just do the best one can is all that one can do. I had quite a few red flags and even had a few send me messages saying how I was going to be in AP and I screwed up something and I still got a pink and really in a decent time. Others have to so just because there are quite a few here in AP does not mean everyone will be in AP or even a majority.

We discuss this because we are trying to figure out the whys and therefores and to help others. It is good to discuss this stuff.

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I did forget to mention one thing that was said. I will now address the "censorship" What I asked was for people to not glorify all the negative, because it scared people and to simply try to post more positive posts than negative. There are far to many people that glorify all the negative posts and most of which are not needed, if a question was asked and the answer was negative, then it needed to be posted, but to simply post negative because they had a bad day or just to post it I felt was un needed, and instead of calling a person out in a public forum, I went to him in private to try and solve this problem, and when I did this words were put into my mouth, and then it came on a public forum as well instead of trying to settle things like a grown up it has turned into a childish game. Regardless of what else is said about this, I am no longer going to comment on what was or was not said, but I did want everyone to know he was talking about me, and for me to give my version of what transpired. I think it is sad that he had to stoop so low as to put this on a public forum when I was simply trying to give his post new life because it is a good post. I never try to poke at people behind their back, I might be brash and rude at times, but that is who I am, I do apologize when I make mistakes, and no one is perfect, that is what makes us human. But there is one thing that I refuse to do and that is stand by when someone is making accusations about me that I feel is untrue. I apologize that everyone had to read all these negative posts, but when one person decided to make it public when I went to him in private then I had to make a stand. I am by far not god, nor do I ever claim to be. I claim to be a straight shooter, if I feel something is not right I will point it out, if I am mistaken I am not to proud to eat my own words. I believe that posting good things will help the confidence of people going into a interview, if you scare them with only horror then why should they even try? If you know you are going to get blue or that everyone is getting white why even try? If you go to a interview scared how is that going to help you?? Yes people need to be aware of what it is like, I agree with that, but how many times have everyone of you read posts from me or other people about the horror that was not needed? How many times have you read that someone says 95% fail how do you get this information? Why should it be posted? I do not see the value in things like that. But as I said, sorry for you all having to read this, but I refuse to bow down to someone making accusations against me. I am here to help, and I am also here to try and cheer people up, and make them confident and not scared. Jerome

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
I did forget to mention one thing that was said. I will now address the "censorship" What I asked was for people to not glorify all the negative, because it scared people and to simply try to post more positive posts than negative. There are far to many people that glorify all the negative posts and most of which are not needed, if a question was asked and the answer was negative, then it needed to be posted, but to simply post negative because they had a bad day or just to post it I felt was un needed, and instead of calling a person out in a public forum, I went to him in private to try and solve this problem, and when I did this words were put into my mouth, and then it came on a public forum as well instead of trying to settle things like a grown up it has turned into a childish game. Regardless of what else is said about this, I am no longer going to comment on what was or was not said, but I did want everyone to know he was talking about me, and for me to give my version of what transpired. I think it is sad that he had to stoop so low as to put this on a public forum when I was simply trying to give his post new life because it is a good post. I never try to poke at people behind their back, I might be brash and rude at times, but that is who I am, I do apologize when I make mistakes, and no one is perfect, that is what makes us human. But there is one thing that I refuse to do and that is stand by when someone is making accusations about me that I feel is untrue. I apologize that everyone had to read all these negative posts, but when one person decided to make it public when I went to him in private then I had to make a stand. I am by far not god, nor do I ever claim to be. I claim to be a straight shooter, if I feel something is not right I will point it out, if I am mistaken I am not to proud to eat my own words. I believe that posting good things will help the confidence of people going into a interview, if you scare them with only horror then why should they even try? If you know you are going to get blue or that everyone is getting white why even try? If you go to a interview scared how is that going to help you?? Yes people need to be aware of what it is like, I agree with that, but how many times have everyone of you read posts from me or other people about the horror that was not needed? How many times have you read that someone says 95% fail how do you get this information? Why should it be posted? I do not see the value in things like that. But as I said, sorry for you all having to read this, but I refuse to bow down to someone making accusations against me. I am here to help, and I am also here to try and cheer people up, and make them confident and not scared. Jerome

:ot2:

This adds nothing positive to the HCMC AP discussion...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

You two are adapting to Vietnamese culture faster than I thought. Viet love to fight among ourselves hehehe ... OK, let's all put this aside. Everyone had a chance to speak their minds and this bickering does not do any good for anyone. So let's get back to the matter at hand, which is GETTING THAT PINK.

I do agree one point that we need not to exaggerate or glorify the negative. I admit I did that from time to time but simmer it down a bit might actually calm people's nerve down a bit. Everyone is nervous and anxious. So, take a deep breath and move on ... Peace

I used to be indecisive. Now I am just not sure ...

what the con heo is going on in here? This is one of the most anticipated thread i've ever seen so far. I live and breath VJ and this thread now. Stop making it a forum of us repay others. Ofcourse everyone have the right to post new thread about anything or even the same thing, it just the Admin is the one gonna determine the faith of it. Keep it up on the topic you guys, it's great before and hopefully will be better soon.

I'm okay with Jerome new thread. More info and more for me to read EVERYDAY. yeb, everyday, I usually go on VJ like at least 5 times a day. I know I have no life and I DON'T because my other half is 1/2 the globe away.

We need to stay together, not seperated. Look at the Vietnam War. It's devastating enough already. I like the other post about you guys adapting to the Viet culture on fighting among each other. It's funny and it is the truth. PRACTICE THE GOODS AND DON'T COPY THE BADS.

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
I read where a member here waited in AP for over 6 months and finally went to the HCMC consulate and met with the chief. The man said they doubted the fact that the relationship was real.. he told them it was real and asked them what more they wanted from him to prove it as he already provided everything they asked. The CO agreed and granted visa... I feel that if it has been 60 days in AP (the time it should take as stated by USCIS) that the petitioner should be granted a sit down with the person in charge to discuss the case and get it finalized... There is NO REASON for it to take several months... no excuse! Since they have office hours posted for USC to come by and ask to speak to someone.. If we get AP I will be there daily asking what now... When will they decide.. They will get tired of seeing me.... a fraud would not go to that length to get the visa in my opinion and they should see that and grant the visa...

In most cases, it's not the petitioner they suspect of fraud. It's the beneficiary. If someone wants to get out of Vietnam bad enough, they'd happily go through all of that and a lot more in order to do it. They've spent their whole life in Vietnam. They'd be more than willing to rattle cages at the consulate for 6 months.

In some consulates, the rule is "If the petitioner believes it's real, then it's real". I read that in an article by a man who worked as a CO at three different consulates. I don't think HCM has that particular rule. In some cases, it's pretty obvious why a particular case is denied or gets AP. In other cases, I'm just stumped.

One thing that would help enormously would be to know exactly what it is that the CO suspects when they say that they think the relationship is a sham for immigration purposes. Do they think the petitioner is in on the suspected sham? If so, do they think he's being paid off, or just helping someone out? If they don't think the petitioner is in on it, then they must think he's being duped by the beneficiary. What are the clues that make them suspect that?

I don't think they want to reveal their real suspicions because they probably think a scammer would be able to address those suspicions as easily as a legitimate couple. Instead, they do a paperwork dance in the hope of collecting more clues without tipping their hand.

Seriously, this whole mess could be resolved if they'd change the immigration laws to make it tougher to get unconditional permanent residence through marriage. As it is now, all they have to do is get their conditional green card, collect a little evidence, and file for a divorce. If they can't get enough evidence, or don't want to wait long enough to collect the evidence, they call the cops a few times and claim abuse. Once they get the visa, it's just too easy for a scammer to stay in the US. This puts the burden on the consulates to try to stop the scammers from getting a visa in the first place. Those of us with legitimate relationships have to pay the consequences for this. :angry:

if i dont have engaged party and wedding in vietnam how can i have evidence before wedding and after wedding, he propose me on valentine's day 2009 and we got rings together on 23rd May 2009 should i put evidence how? pls help me, i had appointement on nov 5th 2009, i'm waitting fot that hopefully pink sheet...thanks for everyone

Take us off the list. Today in HCMC we got pink!!!

After several visits to the Consulate. The Supervisor promised something in a week. We recieved a request for new medical (blue paper). Dao took the new information in today 1pm VN time. She turned in the material and took a number to wait. Number was called and pink issued.

Dao was really worried that they would interview again and has been pumping me for answers about the house, city and extended family.

Good luck to all.

My advise, If you have an attorney that says be patient after 2 months of waiting. Get ride of the attorney. If you are in AP. Flood them with evidence of your relationship they have to except it. You have to proove a bonified relationship and eligability. They have to qualify a denial. Fill their file box with all your junk!!! The more times you go inside the Consulate the more you learn and become familiar with it.

Fred

Congrats, Fred and Dao! :dance::dance:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
if i dont have engaged party and wedding in vietnam how can i have evidence before wedding and after wedding, he propose me on valentine's day 2009 and we got rings together on 23rd May 2009 should i put evidence how? pls help me, i had appointement on nov 5th 2009, i'm waitting fot that hopefully pink sheet...thanks for everyone

Make up for this with other evidence--primarily photos of you two together, but also correspondence between the two of you, receipts of things you did/places you went, affidavits from people who know of your relationship, etc

On another note regarding what's going on with the new AP thread and everything -- everyone is entitled to post and no one controls the thread (except for maybe mods...). If anyone wanted to see change, they could have just as easily made it and I'm sure no one would have cared either way...I change it all the time and just keep reposting the information to "bump" the topic. Just a note...

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

[*]12-xx-2007 - 1st Trip (6wks) & Met him halfway around the world

[*]03-xx-2008 - Got engaged - two people on opposite sides of the world

[*]05-xx-2008 - 2nd Trip (2wks) - Engagement/Marriage/Consummation

[*]06-12-2008 - Filed I-130 (CR-1) with Vermont Service Center

[*]12-xx-2008 - 3rd Trip (4wks)

[*]06-05-2009 - Interview at 9:00am at HCMC Consulate (result: blue)

[*]07-08-2009 - Submitted RFE: Beneficiary's Relatives & Evidence of Relationship

[*]08-xx-2009 - 4th Trip (4wks)

[*]10-07-2009 - AP 91 days - Result: APPROVED!!

[*]10-31-2009 - POE: Detroit, MI

[*]11-18-2009 - Social Security Card

[*]11-20-2009 - Green Card

[*]01-21-2010 - Driver's License

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]02/07/2011 - Renew Vietnam Passport

[*]07/30/2011 - Process of Removing Conditions Begins

[*]09/25/2011 - Date of I-751

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

[*]10/19/2011 - Biometrics

Timeline

Do as Linda said, get other evidence, if you have any reciepts for things you did like going to the movies or on tourist trips, any dinners out in nice places, all the photos of not only you two together, but in different places and with her family as well. I have seen some people and talked to some at the consulate that were denied because the evidence they provided showed only 2 or 3 days together, so make sure you have many photos in different clothing, this shows at least you were changing clothes between photos lol, but seriously, I do not know how anyone could only show proof for being together for such a short time unless they did not have many photos and not of just a few poses, make sure your photos show different days, and not with a date on the photo, I hope you understand what I mean with different clothes, and lots of photos, Just be prepared as much as possible. Good luck! Jerome and Binh

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Timeline
Lets divide up those of us that are in AP. Please add to this post and put if you are in AP on a K1 visa or on a CR1 visa, please list your first blue and your reason for that blue along with your second blue that put you into the AP limbo. This will help those determine what they need to do, and help us figure out if we can expect results and possibly when. With the difference in case and people emailing and getting the same response that they do not go out of order it might be helpful to separate us all out. Please if you are denied, give us that reason as well. This is the current list of those I know that are in AP

Those of us currently in AP at HCMC:

FrednDaoHoney 1/17/2009

Vi&Art 8/5/2009

JohnCali9 8/6/2009 K1 Visa

MichaelAndKha 8/15/2009

JeromeBinh 8/20/2009 K1 visa

Interview date with first blue requesting proof of where my ex wife lived, Time line, and Proof of where Binh's family live in the USA

ToanTien 8/20/2009

Ly Trinh 8/21/2009 CR1 Visa

Huong and Phung 9/8/2009 CR1 Visa

Those who are out of AP w/ results:

Ituan 8/10/2009 - 09/15/2009 - 36 days in AP - Denied

Lindal24 7/8/2009 - 10/7/2009 - 91 days in AP - APPROVED

More great news, Joseph got the visa!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Timeline

VJ Members currently in AP at HCMC:

Vi&Art _____________________8/5/2009

JohnCali9 __________________8/6/2009

MichaelAndKha______________8/15/2009

JeromeBinh_________________8/20/2009

ToanTien___________________8/20/2009

Ly Trinh ___________________8/21/2009

Huong and Phung ___________9/8/2009

VJ Members who made it out of AP & results:

Ituan _____________________8/10/2009 - 09/15/2009 - 36 days in AP - Denied

Lindal24 ___________________7/8/2009 - 10/7/2009 - 91 days in AP - APPROVED

FrednDaoHoney_____________1/17/2009 - 10/15/2009 - 271 days in AP - APPROVED

Please add yourself if you are currently in Administrative Processing "AP" (2nd blue slip).

The initial blue slip (*IF you don't get pink) at the initial interview date IS NOT the same as an AP Blue Slip you get when you submit additional information as indicated on the 1st blue slip from the initial interview. The date listed is the date the 2nd blue slip is received, not necessarily the date that was listed on the 1st blue slip (in case you submitted your requested documents early)

Sample AP Blue Slip:

http://www.visajourney.com/gallery/albums/...cture1_copy.jpg

(luckytxn @ Oct 4 2009, 06:32 PM)

Also to others about to go through the process and/or interview please do not fret so much. Just do the best one can is all that one can do. I had quite a few red flags and even had a few send me messages saying how I was going to be in AP and I screwed up something and I still got a pink and really in a decent time. Others have to so just because there are quite a few here in AP does not mean everyone will be in AP or even a majority.

We discuss this because we are trying to figure out the whys and therefores and to help others. It is good to discuss this stuff.

There has been a surge of AP approvals in the past week.. Both VJers as well as non VJers have notified me that they got approval in Oct.... some noted that they were likely waiting for the first of the fiscal year to release some of those in the queue.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On another note regarding what's going on with the new AP thread and everything -- everyone is entitled to post and no one controls the thread (except for maybe mods...). If anyone wanted to see change, they could have just as easily made it and I'm sure no one would have cared either way...I change it all the time and just keep reposting the information to "bump" the topic. Just a note...

On that note, is it not possible for the mods to enable post editing? Most forum software allows a poster to edit their own posts. It would be enormously helpful in "tracking" threads like this one if the OP could keep the first post updated with the most recent information. If someone's status had changed, they could also link to the post that announced it. This would allow the first post to serve as current status AND as an index for the rest of the thread. Any mods listening? :whistle:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

On that note, is it not possible for the mods to enable post editing? Most forum software allows a poster to edit their own posts. It would be enormously helpful in "tracking" threads like this one if the OP could keep the first post updated with the most recent information. If someone's status had changed, they could also link to the post that announced it. This would allow the first post to serve as current status AND as an index for the rest of the thread. Any mods listening? :whistle:

The ability to keep info current and updated has been a problem for a long time here on VJ. The one thing that has not been done in this forum that is done elsewhere on VJ, and I can do later today, is include directions at the bottom of the post to rewrite/edit and repost. The edit feature has a timeout associated with it now.

I think Roger made a great point the other day about using the wiki feature more than has been done in the past. We could likely have a great HCMC reference area there if we used it more. The issue mentioned yesterday about needing an area to explain why someone got a blue would likely be best addressed in wiki. We just need to use it more and include many references to it in our forums or signatures.

Wow... All these Visas approval makes me wanna jump up for joy. Comon' comon' comon' come to papa pinky.... WISHING FOR PINK!

event.png

Timeline
Lets divide up those of us that are in AP. Please add to this post and put if you are in AP on a K1 visa or on a CR1 visa, please list your first blue and your reason for that blue along with your second blue that put you into the AP limbo. This will help those determine what they need to do, and help us figure out if we can expect results and possibly when. With the difference in case and people emailing and getting the same response that they do not go out of order it might be helpful to separate us all out. Please if you are denied, give us that reason as well. This is the current list of those I know that are in AP

Those of us currently in AP at HCMC:

Vi&Art 8/5/2009

JohnCali9 8/6/2009 K1 Visa

MichaelAndKha 8/15/2009

JeromeBinh 8/20/2009 K1 visa

Interview date with first blue requesting proof of where my ex wife lived, Time line, and Proof of where Binh's family live in the USA

ToanTien 8/20/2009

Ly Trinh 8/21/2009 CR1 Visa

Huong and Phung 9/8/2009 CR1 Visa

Interview date with first blue requesting BONEFIDE MARRIAGE & TIMELINE

Those who are out of AP w/ results:

Ituan 8/10/2009 - 09/15/2009 - 36 days in AP - Denied

Lindal24 7/8/2009 - 10/7/2009 - 91 days in AP - APPROVED

FrednDaoHoney 1/17/2009 - 10/14/2009 - 9 months in AP - APPROVED

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.