Brooke1

plane tickets

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello i have searched the topics and could not find a correct answer. i purchased a oneway ticket for my fiancee and her daughter from manila to dallas.the problem is the subject of purchasing the tickets for her state side. some say she has to purchase it in the philippines some say it dont matter. expedia.com has told me that there should be no problem.(JAL) so i have called (JAL) and they have told me that they would make a exception for travelers leaving philippines to permanently reside in the united states? does the K-1 fall into this? the information i have found so far is that if it is a visitors visa you have to have a round trip ticket to board the flight. has anybody purchased plane tickets online in the united states and sent the e-ticket to there fiancee have any problems with her boarding the flight? (JAL) i cant get any correct information on this. my fiancee leaves manila on the 16jan.so i need help with this ASAP. thank you for your help

Hello i have searched the topics and could not find a correct answer. i purchased a oneway ticket for my fiancee and her daughter from manila to dallas.the problem is the subject of purchasing the tickets for her state side. some say she has to purchase it in the philippines some say it dont matter. expedia.com has told me that there should be no problem.(JAL) so i have called (JAL) and they have told me that they would make a exception for travelers leaving philippines to permanently reside in the united states? does the K-1 fall into this? the information i have found so far is that if it is a visitors visa you have to have a round trip ticket to board the flight. has anybody purchased plane tickets online in the united states and sent the e-ticket to there fiancee have any problems with her boarding the flight? (JAL) i cant get any correct information on this. my fiancee leaves manila on the 16jan.so i need help with this ASAP. thank you for your help

Tho K1 is a non-immigrant visa, it is process as immigrant visa coz of the intent to stay in the United States after marrying the petitioner. You'll be fine with one way ticket. I too flew JAL from manila to japan with one way ticket. and yes it was purchased online.

Safe trip!

Timeline
Tho K1 is a non-immigrant visa, it is process as immigrant visa coz of the intent to stay in the United States after marrying the petitioner. You'll be fine with one way ticket. I too flew JAL from manila to japan with one way ticket. and yes it was purchased online.

Safe trip!

Thank you for your response. just dont want any surprise at the airport.happy new year to you :thumbs:

I know you got your answer already but for those who may check this topic - this gets asked a lot and can be found in the Visa FAQ's section. :thumbs:

(It'd be nice if the FAQ section were a bit friendlier to navigate though.)

http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1k2visa-ap...ation.html#4.10

Edited by Otto und Karin

Timeline
I know you got your answer already but for those who may check this topic - this gets asked a lot and can be found in the Visa FAQ's section. :thumbs:

(It'd be nice if the FAQ section were a bit friendlier to navigate though.)

http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1k2visa-ap...ation.html#4.10

Thank you. from my understanding it is a little different with the philippine government. just need a few more response on this from people who actually did it the way i have.thanks for your help :star:

She won't have any problems.

I purchased Ailene's ticket online with NWA, and sent her the e ticket.

No need to worry.

Roger

AOS

12/20/07 -Sent I-485 & I-765

12/22/07 -Application received in Chicago

12/29/07 -I-797C received via postal mail

01/10/08 - Received Biometrics appointmert notice

01/14/08 - Received email case transfered to CSC

01/18/08 - Biometrics appointment 8:00 am Louisville Kentucky

01/18/08 - I-485 & I-765 Touched 3 times each

01/21/08 - I-485 & I-765 Touched

01/23/08 - I-485 Touched

01/24/08 - I-485 Touched

01/25/08 - I-485 Touched

02/12/08 - EAD card production ordered

02/19/08 - EAD card received

03/26/08 - I-485 Touched

03/27/08 - I-485 Touched

04/17/08 - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!

04/21/08 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!

ROC

01/26/10 - Sent I-751 to Vermont

01/29/10 - Application received in Vermont

02/03/10 - Check cleared bank

02/08/10 - Received NOA 1 (Dated 2/01/2010)

02/18/10 - Received biometrics notice

03/02/10 - Biometrics appointment

03/02/10 - Touch

03/03/10 - Touch

04/25/10 - I-765 Touched on a Sunday!!

06/04/10 - APPROVED!!

06/04/10 - I-551 Stamp in Passport

06/17/10 - Received "GREEN CARDS"

But what about the unclear debate of the cost of Round Trip Ticket, vs one-way?

Some report getting a better deal by purchasing the RT ticket for a K1 immigrant.

Is this just a myth, 'cause I can't believe it. :blink:

BELIEVE IT, THEN CHOOSE THE CHEAPEST ONE....

Timeline
Used expedia and purchased ticket from NWA and sent her the eticket, no problems, ticket was one way and 635 dollars.

So she just checks in with her passport,visa and the e-ticket..at the (JAL) ticket counter? no problems? thanks

Philippine law states that the ticket has to be issued in the Philippines if the flight starts there. Some people purchase the ticket online and then get it issued before they leave at the airport.

In my case I was not able to since I booked the flight on American Airlines and they were fined in the past for not following their procedure. I paid for the flight and everything and then a few hours latter AA sent me an email saying they could not issue the ticket. It was a bit of a hassle but I was able to purchase the ticket and there is an office in Manila that can print an American Airlines ticket. My wife showed up and paid the taxes for the ticket when it was printed. The problem I had was that AA does not have a ticket counter at the airport so I had to get it done this way.

Philippine law states that the ticket has to be issued in the Philippines if the flight starts there. Some people purchase the ticket online and then get it issued before they leave at the airport.

In my case I was not able to since I booked the flight on American Airlines and they were fined in the past for not following their procedure. I paid for the flight and everything and then a few hours latter AA sent me an email saying they could not issue the ticket. It was a bit of a hassle but I was able to purchase the ticket and there is an office in Manila that can print an American Airlines ticket. My wife showed up and paid the taxes for the ticket when it was printed. The problem I had was that AA does not have a ticket counter at the airport so I had to get it done this way.

Sorry you had to go thru all this.

Your situation is EXACTLY why most Kano Men just have Pinay buy the ticket in the Phils, and thus eliminate the chance of last minute bureaucratic bullshit like this. We go thru so much of it, and then CFO. Who needs it at the airport just as she is trying to come home to you? Cheers.

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Timeline
Oh another thing. Make sure the name on the ticket is exactly the same as on her passport so you will not have any problems.

So in my situation.Expedia says there will be no problems.should i just go with that? i dont know what to do? it will be a long process to try and get a refund and purchase the tickets again.

So in my situation.Expedia says there will be no problems.should i just go with that? i dont know what to do? it will be a long process to try and get a refund and purchase the tickets again.

yes, all she needs is the e-ticket, visa, passport, CFO sticker and the packet from the USEm. She needs to pay 1,620 php travel tax if it's not included in the ticket and 750 php terminal fee. She'll be fine. Happy new year too!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.