HeatDeath

Relationship Evidence for AOS filing?

1 post in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
We are about to file aos, and it dont show to include any proof other than marriage cert. Is this all thats needed to adjust status for "proof"? I hear of some people showing bank accounts, etc...but if you just married 1 month ago all that is hard to obtain ... thanks for any help

roy

I'm gonna crosspost this to the main forums so everybody can see it.

Yes. When you're filing AOS, the only "proof" you need to include is your marriage certificate. The other items of proof people are talking about are only required at the AOS interview. If you have an interview (and you may not - lots of people get their case transferred to the California Service Center and don't have an interview) they will send you an interview notice 4-6 weeks prior to the interview that will list the evidences you'll need to bring to the interview. In any case, you won't get an interview notice until at least a 4-6 weeks after you file your AOS paperwork. You probably don't need to start seriously gathering the evidences until you get your interview notice.

I was approved with no interview, and the only piece of evidence I included with my AOS was the marriage certificate, as described above.

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.