ms_jinga_lala

What are my chances?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Interview date: Jan 28

NOA-2 expires: Jan 22

embassy: New Delhi

I called them and the embassy said that the interviewer could choose to extend the date or proceed accordingly. What are the chances that K-1 could be approved even though the NOA-2 expires?

Have any of you received your visa after your NOA-2 expired?

Thanks in advance.

January 2009 - K-1 Denied by the consulate

January 2011 - Moved to India - Yikes!

October 2011 - DCF filing rejected by overzealous employee at the embassy

December 2011 - Tourist visa denied (not surprising)

March 2012 - CR1/IR1 process started

May 1, 2012 - RFE and some of our information was entered into the computer wrong by the CSC

Read about all the shenanigans of my relationship at American Punjaban PI

Interview date: Jan 28

NOA-2 expires: Jan 22

embassy: New Delhi

I called them and the embassy said that the interviewer could choose to extend the date or proceed accordingly. What are the chances that K-1 could be approved even though the NOA-2 expires?

Have any of you received your visa after your NOA-2 expired?

Thanks in advance.

99.9 out of 100 they automatically extend the date.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I agree with Dakine. I emailed the embassy because ours expired Nov.22nd, they told us they routinely extend it. I believe its not just in Manila.

AOS Process

2010-12-30------------Sent I-485, I-765, & I-131

2011-01-10------------Received NOA1 for AOS, EAD, & AP

2011-01-18------------Biometrics letter received

2011-02-07------------Case transferred to CSC

2011-02-10------------Biometrics in Detroit

2011-02-28------------Permanent Resident Card Production Ordered

2011-03-07------------Green Card and Welcome Letter received

7zglumjya7rwu.png

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Thank you both. Delhi is a tough consulate and I am really scared. I have read over in the South Asia forum of people there being rejected and that being used as the reason. I don't think I'm going to have any trouble proving anything else on the case, especially not bonafide relationship, but to know this is hanging over my head when I worked so hard to do everything as fast as possible and as perfect as possible, this just really bothers me. Ugh.....

January 2009 - K-1 Denied by the consulate

January 2011 - Moved to India - Yikes!

October 2011 - DCF filing rejected by overzealous employee at the embassy

December 2011 - Tourist visa denied (not surprising)

March 2012 - CR1/IR1 process started

May 1, 2012 - RFE and some of our information was entered into the computer wrong by the CSC

Read about all the shenanigans of my relationship at American Punjaban PI

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.