Leeander n Stacee

Affadavit Questions

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

So been searching for a while now and can't quite get my head around it so please answer and will be thankful for you doing so.

What does the co-sponsor need to supply along with the I-134 form?

* Tax returns, preferably last 3 years to be safe

* Last few pay stubs

* Bank letter (can i please have a heads up on what he needs for this, like what does it need to include on the letter? Are last 12 statements acceptable?)

He is self-employed and a family of 6, sponsoring me. What poverty guideline does he have to be above for this? Just me and fiancee or including his family?

Is it true he also needs copy of birth certificate to prove us citizenship? And a letter confirming his commitment to sponsoring me?

Thanks for any and all replies, they are valued

It is true that he has to prove that he is a USC (although permanent residents can sponsor I believe but don't quote me on that), so a copy of the birth certificate or a copy of all the pages of his passport.

Edited by Justine+David

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

I am not 100% sure on this, but from what I have gathered on here on VJ along with the affadavit of support, you are only required to provide 2 forms of additional proof from this list:

most recent tax return/tax transcript

Employers Letter

PaySlips

Bank Statement

I have all of those except the bank statement as that is not applicable to us. I also am only taking Russ' most recent tax return. In the case of your fiance being self employed I think you may need more than just one return though.

I have never heard of having of give an additional letter to show your fiance is willing to support you - I think thats what the actual Affadavit of Support is for.

If Im wrong, anyone can feel free to correct me

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Our co-sponsor and I (the sponsor) both wrote letters of support for the interview.

Here is mine (I think I should have addrressed it to theEmbassy instead).. my dad's (the co-sponsor) letter was similar:

Michael Steinberger

7552 Dartmouth Ave.

Cucamonga, CA. 91730

(909)373-6386

United States Department of Homeland Security

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

California Service Center

P.O. Box 10130 Laguna Niguel, CA 92607-0130

11-17-2009

Dear Sir or Madam:

I, Michael Steinberger, do hereby state that I am sponsoring Leanne Emma Fancy for her K-1 visa application and admittance into the United States of America. I have known Leanne since November of 2007. We have been officially dating for almost two years now, and we became engaged to be married towards the beginning of this year. I am willing and financially able to support her indefinitely. I do not have any family members or dependants that I support. I support no one but myself. I have no financial obligations other than my credit card payments, phone bill and internet bill. My father and I share a house and this is where Leanne will be living, even after we get married.

I was born in Downey, California (USA) on September 1, 1979. I have lived in California my entire life. I have been permanently employed full-time by Seccion Amarilla USA, L.L.C. in Tustin, California as an Account Executive since October 5, 2009 with a weekly base salary of $300.00 plus commission and a semi-monthly expense allowance of $200.00. Before that I worked for the same company for over ten years selling flooring and managing their showroom. Then I began working for another company in the same field for an increase in salary. I worked there for about four months, and then I received unemployment compensation for one year before starting my current job. My income for 2008 was $23,220.00 and I currently have $817.07 in my bank account.

I would be willing to deposit a Bond with the USCIS, if necessary, to guarantee that Leanne Fancy will not become a public charge in the United States. I am also aware of my responsibilities under the Social Security Act, and that this affidavit will be binding for three years after Leanne Fancy’s admission into the United States.

Signed,

Michael Steinberger

........January 2009: Michael & Leanne got engaged! t4527.gif

........May 26, 2009: Filed I-129F!

...Februay 04, 2010: Michael attended interview with Leanne... APPROVED!!!!!!!!

.......April 14, 2010: Wedding on the sand at Salt Creek Beach in Dana Point, CA :D

........July 06, 2010: Mailed AOS package

........July 08, 2010: Received in Chicago

........July 14, 2010: Check was cashed

........July 15, 2010: Received text & email that app. was received

........July 17, 2010: Received NOA1 dated 7-14-10, our 3-month wedding anniversary :)

........July 19, 2010: "Touch"..biometrics appt. letter mailed (I-485 & I-765)

.....August 02, 2010: Biometrics appointment

.....August 03, 2010: "Touch" on I-485 & I-765

.....August 11, 2010: Notice of Interview date

.....August 26, 2010: Touches on I-131 & I-765, production of EAD card ordered

.....August 31, 2010: I-131 Travel Doc. approved, EAD production ordered (again)

September 04, 2010: Received EAD card & AP Documents in the mail! (both dated 8/26)

September 20, 2010: AOS Interview...APPROVED!!!

usabig.gifbig_heart_beating.gifukbig.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.