ajbe1986

Visa interview at London

23 posts in this topic

It looks like they schedule them once a month (towards the beginning). Have you called the dept of state to confirm that London has logged your documents into their system?

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
It looks like they schedule them once a month (towards the beginning). Have you called the dept of state to confirm that London has logged your documents into their system?

Yep they have our papers. Im just wondering if its gonna be 2 weeks to get the interview or like another month. Just wondering how others have faired.

Check out our NOA2-->interview thread; we have a list of people waiting. It looks like you'll end up getting signed up in January for an interview date, the way things are trending if they didn't give you one for this cycle. What day did London log your papers into their system? Usually it takes 1-2 weeks from the date they get it.

Naturalization

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Check out our NOA2-->interview thread; we have a list of people waiting. It looks like you'll end up getting signed up in January for an interview date, the way things are trending if they didn't give you one for this cycle. What day did London log your papers into their system? Usually it takes 1-2 weeks from the date they get it.

My fiance sent the papers, November 17th, they signed for them November 20th lol then we just got logged in today or yesterday. So I've been like counting the days! I know thats crazy with this process but I can't help it. Thanks for your responses though! Its nice to vent to someone who understands!

Oh man, yeah, lol, sorry, but you're just in the beginning according to them of waiting. First week of January should be our time to get some news! Enjoy Christmas I guess? and dream about next year when we'll all (Heaven not forbid) be with our significant others :)

Naturalization

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Oh man, yeah, lol, sorry, but you're just in the beginning according to them of waiting. First week of January should be our time to get some news! Enjoy Christmas I guess? and dream about next year when we'll all (Heaven not forbid) be with our significant others :)

Silly question, where is the London Embassy for interviewing? I am the USC and I forgot to ask Paul what it says on the interview letter of where we go for the interview. I just wanted to look up on the map.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, England

I-129F Sent : Jul 10, 2009, Fri (wonderful day); I-129F Recvd: Jul 11, 2009, Sat

Check being cashed: Jul 15, 2009, Wed (whoo hoo, in the process)

I-129F NOA1 : Jul 13, 2009 (date on letter); I-129F NOA1: July 20, 2009 (day letter actually arrived)

Victoria went to England: Aug 29 - Sep 7

I-129F RFE(s) : none, awesome; I-129F NOA2 : Sep 21, 2009

Craigy went to US: Oct 16 - Oct 24

NVC Left : Sep 25, 2009

Packet 3 Sent to Craigy: Oct 6, 2009 (per DOS), Oct 9, 2009 Craigy recvd; Sent out Nov 16; Eligible for Interview: Nov 25 (per DOS)

Victoria going to England: Dec 25 - Jan 4 Interview while Victoria is visiting Paul. Dec 29, 2009 8 am Success. Jan 3, 2009 Courier dropped off Passport with Visa

Craigy Enters US: March 31st

Marriage: May 1, 2010

Dunno? Go to the embassy site I guess. The tube system in London is fabulous and you can virtually anywhere using that. And it's soooo much cleaner than the ####### we have in NYC and the DC one is only clean because it's illegal to eat/drink on it.

Naturalization

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Silly question, where is the London Embassy for interviewing? I am the USC and I forgot to ask Paul what it says on the interview letter of where we go for the interview. I just wanted to look up on the map.

24 Grosvenor Square

London, W1A 2LQ

There is a link above that is labeled "Embassy Info" If you click on that it will allow you to select according to country and provide you with all things embassy related.

Amazing that you got the interview changed! Good luck & have a great trip!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I believe our interview date was given to DOS on Dec 7th. Before that it was Nov 13th, then Oct 13th that people were given dates. Up until that point it had been pretty random. Now they seem to be on the once a month kick. :(

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

Timeline
24 Grosvenor Square

London, W1A 2LQ

There is a link above that is labeled "Embassy Info" If you click on that it will allow you to select according to country and provide you with all things embassy related.

Amazing that you got the interview changed! Good luck & have a great trip!

Thanks. This may sound crazy but I thought I read something in one of the other posts that one of the embassy buildings was sold so I got confused on where the interviews were. I may have been drinking heavily that day. Or had a strange dream not unlike the one last night where I was a female 007 type secret agent. Note: did not drink heavily last night. :)

I-129F Sent : Jul 10, 2009, Fri (wonderful day); I-129F Recvd: Jul 11, 2009, Sat

I-129F NOA1 : Jul 13, 2009 (date on letter); I-129F NOA1: July 20, 2009 (day letter actually arrived)

Packet 3 Sent to Craigy: Oct 6, 2009 (per DOS), Oct 9, 2009 Craigy recvd; Sent out Nov 16; Eligible for Interview: Nov 25 (per DOS)

Victoria going to England: Dec 25 - Jan 4 Interview while Victoria is visiting Paul. Dec 29, 2009 8 am Success. Jan 3, 2009 Courier dropped off Passport with Visa

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Thanks. This may sound crazy but I thought I read something in one of the other posts that one of the embassy buildings was sold so I got confused on where the interviews were. I may have been drinking heavily that day. Or had a strange dream not unlike the one last night where I was a female 007 type secret agent. Note: did not drink heavily last night. :)

It is being sold, but they haven't moved yet.

Did you have a British accent in your dream? :unsure::P

Timeline
lol I hope so because that would make it more legit of a dream.

Was more of a silent film, mostly action. Kicking a lot of butts. :) Wish I had a cool accent.

Timeline

US Embassy in London on Grovensnor Street. It is not too far from where their medicals were.

Edited by KimberlyandMark

10-13-08 - Met on Yahoo

03-03-09 - Mark's first visit to U.S.

05-22-09 - Mark's second visit to U.S.

05-23-09 - ENGAGED!!!!

06-02-09 - Sent 129-F

06-09-10 - NOA1

06-10-09 - Check cashed

06-16-09 - NOA1 hardcopy received

09-17-09 - NOA 2!!!!!

09-22-09 - Case received by NVC...got new NVC case number

09-23-09 - Case sent to London Embassy

09-25-09 - Case delivered to London Embassy

10-09-09 - Packet 3 received to Mark

10-29-09 - Packet 3 posted to embassy

11-27-09 - Mark's medical in London....PASSED!!!!

12-29-09 - Mark's interview at embassy....APPROVED!!!

12-31-09 - Mark gets his visa from the courier

01-19-09 - Mark here in the US for good!!!! POE - Atlanta

03-06-10 - Wedding....YEAH!

04-01-10 - AOS, EAD, AP paperwork filed

04-06-10 - NOA 1 received

05-07-10 - Biometrics in Birmingham, AL

05-15-10 - File transferred to CSC

06-15-10 - Green card production ordered

06-26-10 - Green card received in the mail

04-09-12 - ROC NOA 1

05-11-12 - Biometrics in Birmingham, AL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.