MMarc

CCP/BLUE SLIP

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Still looking for someone who has received a BLUE SLIP at their interview because of being a member of CCP (for a K1 visa). PLease share your story with me about the process after the interview (all the details etc. would be greatly appreciated)..... Someone has had to have gone through this? this is the second post on the subject. Thanks

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
Still looking for someone who has received a BLUE SLIP at their interview because of being a member of CCP (for a K1 visa). PLease share your story with me about the process after the interview (all the details etc. would be greatly appreciated)..... Someone has had to have gone through this? this is the second post on the subject. Thanks

No CCP/blue slip experience for us.

moving right along

Timeline

Marc, I am in the same boat that you are in, I have done a very large amount of research on this and so has my fiance in China on 001. There has been many that has been approved and got their pink the day of the interview. I wrote a letter the the head of the Guangzhou consulate about this CCP issue, he wrote me back and said that the letter and the questions and answers to the questions was good and to make sure my fiance was to bring them to the interview with her. He then said it was all up to the interviewer if their were addional information needed. Everyone that has said they got a blue slip was given these question to be answered and returned, so we have a copy of those questions and have answered all of them, both in english and in Chinese. My fiance has not quit the CCP because of the job she has, but will quit after receiving a visa or pink slip which is in her letter. She is now going to the CCP office and get a letter to state she is withdrawing from the CCP. I really think by having all of this is going to help at the interview, but again it is all up to the interviewer. Hope this helps some.

Tom

Silverfox5859

Timeline

Marc, I am in the same boat that you are in, I have done a very large amount of research on this and so has my fiance in China on 001. There has been many that has been approved and got their pink the day of the interview. I wrote a letter the the head of the Guangzhou consulate about this CCP issue, he wrote me back and said that the letter and the questions and answers to the questions was good and to make sure my fiance was to bring them to the interview with her. He then said it was all up to the interviewer if their were addional information needed. Everyone that has said they got a blue slip was given these question to be answered and returned, so we have a copy of those questions and have answered all of them, both in english and in Chinese. My fiance has not quit the CCP because of the job she has, but will quit after receiving a visa or pink slip which is in her letter. She is now going to the CCP office and get a letter to state she is withdrawing from the CCP. I really think by having all of this is going to help at the interview, but again it is all up to the interviewer. Hope this helps some.

Tom

Tom thank you for the information, I have been trying to figure out a way to avoid the BLUE SLIP for future CCP members. One of things I came across the other day was a woman received a BLUE SLIP because she did not have a resume of her employment. This was also one of the questions that they requested from us on the additional request form (BLUE SLIP). If this is not already on your list, make sure your fiancee has a RESUME of her work history. Thanks again.

Edited by MMarc

Timeline

go to www.candleforlove.com and ask there.

a lot of others have overcome this.

this issue should have been address before the interview. It is a guarantee blue slip.

good luck on your overcome

don't rush your reply until you have everything ready to go.

don't want the blue to turn into a white slip

comicirsaudit.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I think that over the past 2 years I have only seen 2 cases on candleforlove where CCP members successfully received visa approval during their initial interview - for everyone else who were CCP members and have posted about their experience on CFL it seems as though it is SOP to issue a blue slip, put the case into AP and run additional name/background checks for 2-4 months before issuing an approval. I am not sure if the people in those 2 cases did anything differently than everyone else in the same situation did or if it was just luck of the draw that they were approved without the need for additional name checks. The good news is that most everyone else who went through this experience and posted about it on CFL were able to overcome the blue slip and eventually received approval in the end.

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
I think that over the past 2 years I have only seen 2 cases on candleforlove where CCP members successfully received visa approval during their initial interview - for everyone else who were CCP members and have posted about their experience on CFL it seems as though it is SOP to issue a blue slip, put the case into AP and run additional name/background checks for 2-4 months before issuing an approval. I am not sure if the people in those 2 cases did anything differently than everyone else in the same situation did or if it was just luck of the draw that they were approved without the need for additional name checks. The good news is that most everyone else who went through this experience and posted about it on CFL were able to overcome the blue slip and eventually received approval in the end.

candleforlove candleforlove candleforlove candleforlove candleforlove candleforlove candleforlove candleforlove candleforlove candleforlove candleforlove candleforlove candleforlove candleforlove candleforlove candleforlove candleforlove candleforlove candleforlove candleforlove candleforlove candleforlove candleforlove candleforlove candleforlove candleforlove candleforlove candleforlove candleforlove candleforlove candleforlove candleforlove candleforlove candleforlove candleforlove candleforlove candleforlove candleforlove candleforlove candleforlove candleforlove candleforlove candleforlove candleforlove candleforlove candleforlove

moving right along

• 1 month later...
Timeline

My fiancee was interviewed December 17 in Guangzhou and received the blue slip after we agreed she should be honest. The visa officer was not happy because everything else was fine and the law against CP member immigration is a Cold War hangover. We didn't research the implications of honesty and I don't know if bringing her C.V. and an explanation would have made a difference. As it was, I emailed the consulate to point out that if she quit or even asked about her CCP status before receiving her visa, she would be in great professional danger, contrary to the general instructions from US consulates (don't quit jobs, buy tickets, etc. before receiving visa). The consulate called my fiancee and told her not to quit, just fill out the rest of the form: why she joined, her benefits, how much she believes in CP ideology, etc. The caller estimated 3-month response and also said that until my fiancee admitted, they had no idea.

This is a little peculiar because I would assume that U.S. visa officers would have some understanding of the role of the CCP in high-status, government positions. My fiancee is a professor in education and her C.V. demonstrates her productivity in that capacity. Her supervisor kept pushing her to join 15 years ago because the CCP likes having elite people as members. There are about 76 million members or about 5 percent of the population, and those who aren't living the comfortable life as a party official are the sort of people any society would like to have.

Most people lie as my fiancee discovered afterwards; even the western firm that handled her Canadian visa told her she should have lied (Canada doesn't bother to ask). Even the National Security Agency doesn't have a full membership list for China or Russia, and because of the many repetitive names in China, identifying individuals is very difficult.

She filled out the form in English and Chinese with my editing and consulting, and submitted it just after New Year's Day. She received notice of approval this morning, and will return to Guangzhou in a couple of weeks with her passport. The key for us for speedy response was, first, that I contacted my senators and congressional representative. One of them takes the lead for the others in contacting the consulate to inquire about the case, and express an interest in the outcome.

Second, my fiancee teaches in an area that this country could use and she was recently promoted in China in a competitive process. I also pointed out in my letters to my congressmen that the State Department, whose Security Advisory Committee also reviews these CP immigration/K1/K3 exceptions (for China, Cuba, North Korea, Vietnam, and Laos), has more important visa reviews to perform for the sake of national security.

So, if your fiancee/fiance is a CCP member and is employed by the Party, that may take longer. In any case, make sure the C.V. matches the explanation or justification for CCP membership. You might also petition your representatives to repeal this meaningless law, which does not keep out subversives (they can always come on a student, work, or business visa) and encourages lying, hypocrisy, and cynicism about the process from immigrants from any nation with an active CP.

Poindexter

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Poindexter - that's excellent news.

FWIW, and to the best of my knowledge - the CCP question does not arise until interview day - it's covered twice - once with a pre-screener, another with the VO.

Congrats on getting the visa approval !!!

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
My fiancee was interviewed December 17 in Guangzhou and received the blue slip after we agreed she should be honest. The visa officer was not happy because everything else was fine and the law against CP member immigration is a Cold War hangover. We didn't research the implications of honesty and I don't know if bringing her C.V. and an explanation would have made a difference. As it was, I emailed the consulate to point out that if she quit or even asked about her CCP status before receiving her visa, she would be in great professional danger, contrary to the general instructions from US consulates (don't quit jobs, buy tickets, etc. before receiving visa). The consulate called my fiancee and told her not to quit, just fill out the rest of the form: why she joined, her benefits, how much she believes in CP ideology, etc. The caller estimated 3-month response and also said that until my fiancee admitted, they had no idea.

This is a little peculiar because I would assume that U.S. visa officers would have some understanding of the role of the CCP in high-status, government positions. My fiancee is a professor in education and her C.V. demonstrates her productivity in that capacity. Her supervisor kept pushing her to join 15 years ago because the CCP likes having elite people as members. There are about 76 million members or about 5 percent of the population, and those who aren't living the comfortable life as a party official are the sort of people any society would like to have.

Most people lie as my fiancee discovered afterwards; even the western firm that handled her Canadian visa told her she should have lied (Canada doesn't bother to ask). Even the National Security Agency doesn't have a full membership list for China or Russia, and because of the many repetitive names in China, identifying individuals is very difficult.

She filled out the form in English and Chinese with my editing and consulting, and submitted it just after New Year's Day. She received notice of approval this morning, and will return to Guangzhou in a couple of weeks with her passport. The key for us for speedy response was, first, that I contacted my senators and congressional representative. One of them takes the lead for the others in contacting the consulate to inquire about the case, and express an interest in the outcome.

Second, my fiancee teaches in an area that this country could use and she was recently promoted in China in a competitive process. I also pointed out in my letters to my congressmen that the State Department, whose Security Advisory Committee also reviews these CP immigration/K1/K3 exceptions (for China, Cuba, North Korea, Vietnam, and Laos), has more important visa reviews to perform for the sake of national security.

So, if your fiancee/fiance is a CCP member and is employed by the Party, that may take longer. In any case, make sure the C.V. matches the explanation or justification for CCP membership. You might also petition your representatives to repeal this meaningless law, which does not keep out subversives (they can always come on a student, work, or business visa) and encourages lying, hypocrisy, and cynicism about the process from immigrants from any nation with an active CP.

Thank you for the information, we had to wait for IRS forms and guess what? the IRS screwed up!!!! and it took 93 days to get CERTIFIED copies of tax returns (SO, I guess the

3 months to investigate CCP should be over now). I can't deal with our government at this point, I am really thinking about giving up and just moving to China. Congratulations on your visa and thanks again for the info.

MMarc

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.