Jolex

Already applied for SS#, Got married now AOS phase

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

We are on #20 of the flowchart (K1-VISA) and we have read the guidelines but still a bit confused. We already applied for SS#, got married and I (petitioner) have done my change of name.

Our package includes:

I-485

G-325a- Do we need this since we already completed this when we initially applied for the KI-VISA?

I-765

I-864

I-693- Not sure if we need this again because he has already done the first stage of his medical examination after I-129F was approved before his interview in Lagos

Are we missing anything or are all these forms required in the AOS Package?

We live in Maryland, do we mail it to Baltimore since we are close to Baltimore or Chicago Lockbox? If Chicago? Which address? I read somewhere that you can mail AOS to the nearest processing center (not sure if I misread)?

Do we send all these forms at once?

Please advise, thank you as always

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Chicago lockbox ONLY. From there they distribute it to your local center. The address is in the instructions.

Edited by Inky

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Chicago lockbox ONLY. From there they distribute it to your local center. The address is in the instructions.

Thank you, I really appreciate, but do we have all the forms that are to be included in the package as listed above. From my understanding these forms can be sent in seperately????

Timeline

Thank you, I really appreciate, but do we have all the forms that are to be included in the package as listed above. From my understanding these forms can be sent in seperately????

all have to be in the same packet sent at the same time.

as for the 693 - i did not include it and my AOS was just approved but im not saying that it would be the same for you. I know some people who did get RFE for their 693 papers. Might want to get the 693 just incase really.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You may want to check and make sure that all the vaccinations were done in Nigeria. After we checked, we realized that my SO didn't have the varicella which wasn't provided in Nigeria so we had to go have that done at the medical clinic. After that we sent the forms to Dr. Arnold which is a civil surgeon who is talked about here on visajourney. Dr. Arnold will fill out the form I-693 and it will be sent back to us. We don't want to take any chances on that. You will need to fill out forms G-325a again from my understanding. Once we get the I693 back we will send all of out info in for AOS.

We are on #20 of the flowchart (K1-VISA) and we have read the guidelines but still a bit confused. We already applied for SS#, got married and I (petitioner) have done my change of name.

Our package includes:

I-485

G-325a- Do we need this since we already completed this when we initially applied for the KI-VISA?

I-765

I-864

I-693- Not sure if we need this again because he has already done the first stage of his medical examination after I-129F was approved before his interview in Lagos

Are we missing anything or are all these forms required in the AOS Package?

We live in Maryland, do we mail it to Baltimore since we are close to Baltimore or Chicago Lockbox? If Chicago? Which address? I read somewhere that you can mail AOS to the nearest processing center (not sure if I misread)?

Do we send all these forms at once?

Please advise, thank you as always

ROC Timeline

3/22/12 - Mailed I-751 Packet

3/28/12 - Check Cashed

4/9/12 - Received Biometrics Notification

4/30/12 - Biometrics

Timeline
You may want to check and make sure that all the vaccinations were done in Nigeria. After we checked, we realized that my SO didn't have the varicella which wasn't provided in Nigeria so we had to go have that done at the medical clinic. After that we sent the forms to Dr. Arnold which is a civil surgeon who is talked about here on visajourney. Dr. Arnold will fill out the form I-693 and it will be sent back to us. We don't want to take any chances on that. You will need to fill out forms G-325a again from my understanding. Once we get the I693 back we will send all of out info in for AOS.

Dr Arnold is retiring and no longer doing 693s. ALso it has been said in other parts of the forums that DR Arnold is not accepted at all service centers and seems to be being investigated for conducting business for the 693 over the phone when ment to be done in person.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Oh, well, they didn't tell me that he/she was retiring when I called. They told me which forms to submit and acted like it would be no problem for them to do. This was just two weeks ago.

Dr Arnold is retiring and no longer doing 693s. ALso it has been said in other parts of the forums that DR Arnold is not accepted at all service centers and seems to be being investigated for conducting business for the 693 over the phone when ment to be done in person.

ROC Timeline

3/22/12 - Mailed I-751 Packet

3/28/12 - Check Cashed

4/9/12 - Received Biometrics Notification

4/30/12 - Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.