fortune

N-400 application eligibility

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Fortune,

According to the USCIS, one has to meet all of the following conditions in order to become a US Citizen (based on marriage):

-Been a permanent resident for 3 years

-Been married to the same USC for 3 years

-Your spouse/you must have been a USC for at least 3 years (which if born in the USA, since their birth)

-Been residing physically in the USA for 3 years

In your case:

The earliest you can file for US Citizenship is 3 years minus 90 days from the "residence since" date on your 2yr/10yr green card (as mentioned in your post as Sometime in February 2010): Sometime 90 days prior to that February 2010 date, or anytime after that...

For example, in my situation:

I have been a permanent resident since November 2006.....

I was married in April 2006...

My spouse/husband has been a USC since birth

I have not had any absenses of residency out of the USA since...so that doesn't matter against me in my case....

Therefore, the earliest I could apply for US Citizenship is August 2009 (though I applied in September 2009, as there was a delay in my son's birth certificate), 90 days before the 3 years after the "residence since" date on my green cards, which is when I meet all of the requirements of citizenship based on marriage.

Hope this helps. Good luck on the rest of your immigration and citizenship journey too.

Ant

All

I married to US citizen and I will finish my three years in 02/2010.Am I eligible to apply for my Naturalization as of now??

Thanks

Edited by Ant+D+A

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

You are eligible if you meet the conditions. I'm moving your thread from the IR-1/CR-1 forum to Citizenship forum. You'll be able to read up on it there.

Thank you so much..

PD-3 NoV 2004

WL received 30 June 2015

CC 21 September 2015

Hi Fortune,

According to the USCIS, one has to meet all of the following conditions in order to become a US Citizen (based on marriage):

-Been a permanent resident for 3 years

-Been married to the same USC for 3 years

-Your spouse/you must have been a USC for at least 3 years (which if born in the USA, since their birth)

-Been residing physically in the USA for 3 years

In your case:

The earliest you can file for US Citizenship is 3 years minus 90 days from the "residence since" date on your 2yr/10yr green card (as mentioned in your post as Sometime in February 2010): Sometime 90 days prior to that February 2010 date, or anytime after that...

For example, in my situation:

I have been a permanent resident since November 2006.....

I was married in April 2006...

My spouse/husband has been a USC since birth

I have not had any absenses of residency out of the USA since...so that doesn't matter against me in my case....

Therefore, the earliest I could apply for US Citizenship is August 2009 (though I applied in September 2009, as there was a delay in my son's birth certificate), 90 days before the 3 years after the "residence since" date on my green cards, which is when I meet all of the requirements of citizenship based on marriage.

Hope this helps. Good luck on the rest of your immigration and citizenship journey too.

Ant

All

I married to US citizen and I will finish my three years in 02/2010.Am I eligible to apply for my Naturalization as of now??

Thanks

Do I have to submitt the same supporting documents as I submitted for my I-751 removing hold on GC.

And do you know how long it takes to process the account.

PD-3 NoV 2004

WL received 30 June 2015

CC 21 September 2015

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Fortune,

US Naturalization (N-400) Step-by-Step Guide (tells ywhat to submit and what to do next):

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...alization_guide

Well, as for citizenship timelines...there are many variables....it can be slow, it can be fast.....

The average now to complete the US Citizenship process is about 2-6 months.....which is a big range.....

And it can change from year to year too, as a few years ago, things were a lot slower in the process...

It all boils down to: a) Interiew dates...Can your local office schedule one quick enough and are you able to pass such that day.

b ) More importantly: Oath dates. You are not a US Citizen until you take the oath. Some people get their oaths as quick as the same day, while some people get their oaths days, months, weeks, months, later.....It all depends on the schedule of your local office....

For example, my citizenship process was 2 1/2 months exactly, from start to finish....which was quicker than usual due to other circumstances....Can't say that it can be as quick for others...again...depends on your local office there....

Hope this helps too. Good luck on your journey.

Ant

Do I have to submitt the same supporting documents as I submitted for my I-751 removing hold on GC.

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Hi Fortune,

US Naturalization (N-400) Step-by-Step Guide (tells ywhat to submit and what to do next):

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...alization_guide

Well, as for citizenship timelines...there are many variables....it can be slow, it can be fast.....

The average now to complete the US Citizenship process is about 2-6 months.....which is a big range.....

And it can change from year to year too, as a few years ago, things were a lot slower in the process...

It all boils down to: a) Interiew dates...Can your local office schedule one quick enough and are you able to pass such that day.

b ) More importantly: Oath dates. You are not a US Citizen until you take the oath. Some people get their oaths as quick as the same day, while some people get their oaths days, months, weeks, months, later.....It all depends on the schedule of your local office....

For example, my citizenship process was 2 1/2 months exactly, from start to finish....which was quicker than usual due to other circumstances....Can't say that it can be as quick for others...again...depends on your local office there....

Hope this helps too. Good luck on your journey.

Ant

Thanks you are awesome!!

PD-3 NoV 2004

WL received 30 June 2015

CC 21 September 2015

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.