RUSSandRACHEL

How long did it take for London to recieve your case?

29 posts in this topic

We have been advised that NVC recieved our case from USCIS on November 9th and then NVC sent it to the London Embassy on the 12th. Since then we have called NVC every working day to see if London have recieved it yet. It is almost 2 weeks since they said they have and today, they are still saying London hasnt recieved it!

We followed some of your advice on here and when we were told our case had been sent, we attempted to track it on DHL's website. A package we we hope was ours was sent from NVC on 12th and arrived on 16th! Could this be ours but London still havent got round to logging it in the system yet? Its now the 24th!!! :help:

We are getting a little worried now... and thinking that maybe our case has got lost?? A lot of timelines we have looked at show only a 2 day or 3 day period for transit to London.

How long did yours take to be recieved and how long was it before you heard anything from London Embassy?

Should we be worried? :blink:

Edited by RUSSandRACHEL

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Ours was 6 days from being sent from NVC to london to packet 3 showing at DOS as printed. That was fast though. I think it can take some time for London to input into the system. They were holding them back a few months ago to catch up on interviews but I thought they had stopped. Not sure what else you can do aside from continue calling DOS.

Our timeline

K-1

6/17/09 Mailed I-129F 6/19/09 NOA 1

9/09/09 NOA 2 9/28/09 Packet 3

11/03/09 Interview - Approved 11/05/09 Medical

11/09/09 Visa in hand

11/24/09 POE San Francisco

01/03/10 Baby due date

1/16/10 Baby - Its a Boy!

AOS

2/22/10 Filed AOS

4/17/10 Biometrics appt

5/16/10 Interview - Approved!

6/10 Green Card in hand

ROC

4/04/12 Filed I-751 California Service Center

4/21/12 NOA

7/20/12 Biometrics Appt

11/16/12 RFE

12/10/12 Sent RFE package

12/21/12 Approval Letter!!

I think most people put arrived in London according to the DHL tracking -- That's what I did.

Now that it has left NVC, you need to call DOS, as that's a different department. Going by what I remember of the other threads London does seem to do things in little bursts, a lot of people didn't have their cases logged, and then all of a sudden they did, and then a lot of people didn't have their P3s logged, and then suddenly they all did, interviews...suddenly they all did...etc etc etc. Could be they just update the system in batches and it's not filtered all the way through yet. I don't think it's been long enough to worry yet, but I know that's hard advice to take - of course you're going to worry!

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

I think most people put arrived in London according to the DHL tracking -- That's what I did.

Now that it has left NVC, you need to call DOS, as that's a different department. Going by what I remember of the other threads London does seem to do things in little bursts, a lot of people didn't have their cases logged, and then all of a sudden they did, and then a lot of people didn't have their P3s logged, and then suddenly they all did, interviews...suddenly they all did...etc etc etc. Could be they just update the system in batches and it's not filtered all the way through yet. I don't think it's been long enough to worry yet, but I know that's hard advice to take - of course you're going to worry!

Thanks everyone for replying! We are getting a little but anxious now :unsure:

I thought NVC was the Department of State? If not, then does anyone know what is their phone number is and how do they know any different to the NVC number we have been calling every day? NVC have advised us to keep calling back every day... I don't want to call London as judging by the amount of calls we've already made, it'd be like paying for our I-129F all over again! lol

Edited by RUSSandRACHEL

Timeline

We too experienced a lag once our case left NVC. I got absolutely nowhere calling London, it's just a waste of money. The only information I ever got at this stage was that I just needed to wait, and it was maddening. It was like calling USCIS here and getting standard replies regarding processing times. London just said "it takes 8 weeks, call back in a month". It took us over 2 months from NVC to interview, while I would see others sail through in 2 weeks. It makes no sense, a lot of it is about as predictable as rolling dice. :bonk:

I doubt it is lost though, probably just has not been logged into the system. I don't have the phone number for Department of State (DOS) in front of me, but if you do a VJ search it will come up. NVC is National Visa Center, just one part of the system. DOS can check online using your case number and tell you what has been logged in, and it's a free call, no credit card needed.

Spring 2006 ~ Met in World of Warcraft

5/07~ Fell in Love

5/29/07 ~ Officially a couple

9/15//07-09/22/07 ~ His first visit

12/29/07 - 1/12/08 ~ His second visit

4/25/08 - 5/5/08 ~ His third visit

5/4/08 ~ Engaged !

8/30/08 ~ 9/6/08 ~ His fourth visit

12/23/08 ~ 01/17/09 ~ His fifth visit

01/06/09 ~ K-1 finally filed!!!!

01/12/09 ~ NOA1

04/10/09 ~ 5 days in London, then 10 days with the in-laws to be in France!

04/25/09 ~ Back home...waiting...

05/28/09 ~ NOA2

08/04/09 ~ Medical

08/11/09 ~ Interview!! ~ APPROVED!!

08/23/09 ~ POE Phillie

10/10/09 ~ Wedding!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Thanks everyone for replying! We are getting a little but anxious now :unsure:

I thought NVC was the Department of State? If not, then does anyone know what is their phone number is and how do they know any different to the NVC number we have been calling every day? NVC have advised us to keep calling back every day... I don't want to call London as judging by the amount of calls we've already made, it'd be like paying for our I-129F all over again! lol

You can call DOS and ask them if they've received your checklist response and if an interview date has been assigned. The number is 202-663-1225. Press 1 then 0. .... Is this the number you have called?

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, England

I-129F Sent : Jul 10, 2009, Fri (wonderful day); I-129F Recvd: Jul 11, 2009, Sat

Check being cashed: Jul 15, 2009, Wed (whoo hoo, in the process)

I-129F NOA1 : Jul 13, 2009 (date on letter); I-129F NOA1: July 20, 2009 (day letter actually arrived)

Victoria went to England: Aug 29 - Sep 7

I-129F RFE(s) : none, awesome; I-129F NOA2 : Sep 21, 2009

Craigy went to US: Oct 16 - Oct 24

NVC Left : Sep 25, 2009

Packet 3 Sent to Craigy: Oct 6, 2009 (per DOS), Oct 9, 2009 Craigy recvd; Sent out Nov 16; Eligible for Interview: Nov 25 (per DOS)

Victoria going to England: Dec 25 - Jan 4 Interview while Victoria is visiting Paul. Dec 29, 2009 8 am Success. Jan 3, 2009 Courier dropped off Passport with Visa

Craigy Enters US: March 31st

Marriage: May 1, 2010

You can call DOS and ask them if they've received your checklist response and if an interview date has been assigned. The number is 202-663-1225. Press 1 then 0. .... Is this the number you have called?

Hmmm, but they're not enquiring about their packet 3, since London hasn't logged receipt of the petition file. Packet 3 won't have been sent yet...

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Timeline

Hmmm, but they're not enquiring about their packet 3, since London hasn't logged receipt of the petition file. Packet 3 won't have been sent yet...

DOS will also tell you if your packet from NVC has arrived in London and if your packet 3 has been printed. (That's how I found out our packet 3 was printed, beofre we received it in the mail)

Edited by DIARD

Our timeline

K-1

6/17/09 Mailed I-129F 6/19/09 NOA 1

9/09/09 NOA 2 9/28/09 Packet 3

11/03/09 Interview - Approved 11/05/09 Medical

11/09/09 Visa in hand

11/24/09 POE San Francisco

01/03/10 Baby due date

1/16/10 Baby - Its a Boy!

AOS

2/22/10 Filed AOS

4/17/10 Biometrics appt

5/16/10 Interview - Approved!

6/10 Green Card in hand

ROC

4/04/12 Filed I-751 California Service Center

4/21/12 NOA

7/20/12 Biometrics Appt

11/16/12 RFE

12/10/12 Sent RFE package

12/21/12 Approval Letter!!

DOS will also tell you if your packet from NVC has arrived in London and if your packet 3 has been printed. (That's how I found out our packet 3 was printed, beofre we received it in the mail)

And once you know it's been printed, you can actually go ahead and print off all the forms/checklist from the embassy website, complete them and be ready to post them as soon as 'packet 3' lands on your doorstep, theoretically?

Out of interest, are beneficiaries allowed to contact the DOS? My USC is a complete paperworkophobe, so makes more sense for me to be handling the process and doing follow-ups!

Timeline Summary:

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

And once you know it's been printed, you can actually go ahead and print off all the forms/checklist from the embassy website, complete them and be ready to post them as soon as 'packet 3' lands on your doorstep, theoretically?

Out of interest, are beneficiaries allowed to contact the DOS? My USC is a complete paperworkophobe, so makes more sense for me to be handling the process and doing follow-ups!

That's what I did. We downloaded and completed the forms as soon as we got NOA2. Then when DOS told us that P3 had been printed we mailed them to London. That's why London received my completed forms before I recieved my P3 (hence my crazy timeline). We thought it would save us a couple of weeks. I'm glad I did now as it probably made the difference between a December and January interview.

I'm the beneficiary and I called DOS. Actually I think I hounded them :lol:

K1
12.1.09 interview - APPROVED!!!
12.21.09 wedding

AOS
12.22.09 Application sent overnight
6.22.10 Green Card approved

ROC

Oct 2012

Naturalization

04.02.13 Application received

04.20.13 Biometrics

Thanks everyone for replying!!

That is the number we have been calling every day. So I guess that is the DOS. Russ has been fantastic calling and he calls them whilst we're on Skype so I listen in too. So theres no need for me to really call. But NVC are still saying that London hasnt recieved it yet. When we call, they say "Good news!" and we say "Yes?" and they say "NVC has recieved your case" And we're like "Uh, we KNOW!!!!!".

Its the same old story - its sitting on a desk doing nothing. I find it hard to believe that it hasnt been recieved. Why would a package with our exact dates have been recieved, but ours hasnt? This is so frustrating!

I just wanna ask how long was it beore you heard anything directly from London? Did you recieve a letter or anything saying they have recieved and are processing your case, before they sent out packet 3?

Thanks for your advice everyone about doing things in advance. We're definitely on the ball with that one and I have my medical scheduled for December 21st anyway. Hmmm... we'll see :clock:

Would anyone mind telling me the link for us to download the forms so we can start completing them and have them at the ready to send?

Timeline Summary:

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Its the same old story - its sitting on a desk doing nothing. I find it hard to believe that it hasnt been recieved. Why would a package with our exact dates have been recieved, but ours hasnt? This is so frustrating!

I just wanna ask how long was it beore you heard anything directly from London? Did you recieve a letter or anything saying they have recieved and are processing your case, before they sent out packet 3?

Thanks for your advice everyone about doing things in advance. We're definitely on the ball with that one and I have my medical scheduled for December 21st anyway. Hmmm... we'll see :clock:

im pretty sure it wont be lost!!! i dont know that that has ever happened before...

so packet 3 is the first item of correspondance you'll receive from london. calling the DOS is the best way to find out if they have received your petition. from my experience of calling the dos, it sounds like your case will be at the embassy, they just havent got round to opening it up and imputting into their systems.

(someone correct me if thats wrong)

i waited 24 days from my case leaving NVC to receiving packet 3. at some point, around the 2 weeks mark i called the DOS and i was told the embassy had received my case, but packet 3 HADNT been sent out yet. i was among a group of people who all had their packet 3s printed on the same day. it really feels like london does things in bulk, as someone mentioned before... printing off a bunch of packet 3's, assigning interviews etc...

i know it sucks, but it really cant be too much longer now before you hear something!! got my fingers crossed for you! :)

jo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I kinda lost track of our timeline a bit after we got our NOA2. I just checked though, and we received a letter on July 23rd from NVC informing us that they'd received our case and would forward it on to London within one week. We received packet 3 (from London) about 4 weeks after that.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.