DaleandPat

TSA Locks are they available in the Philippines

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancee is getting a suitcase for her trip to the USA. I talked to her about the use of TSA locks. Does anyone know if TSA locks are available in the Philippines?

Dale

4-17-2009 sent K1 Petition

5-1-2009 USCIS received petition

5-4-2009 received NOA1 notice

7-17-2009 touched

7-20-2009 NOA2 received

8-3-2009 NVC received petition

8-4-2009 NVC sent petition to Manila

9-22-2009 Medical Exam (scar on lungs) will have sputum test done

9-28-2009 K1 visa interview (canceled)

12-02-2009 call the SLMEC for sputum test report out

12-07-2009 Medical passed

12-08-2009 CFO

December 16, 2009 visa Pink Slip

December 20, 2009 entered USA

With God's blessing

Dale and Pat

I never looked for them, so i wouldnt know. There isnt anything special to them though. Personally I dont put anything in my checked baggage that is valuable. If you lock your bag, you will have to wait until they decide to search it or not. Locks on anything only keep the honest people out anyway. If you are worried about the stuff in the bags, just send her some locks from the US.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Filed: Country:
Timeline

TSA locks are pointless...

I used them on my suitcases when I went to the PH in Jan '09...

TSA decided to open and inspect my Scuba gear bag, left a little love note in the case and everything. What they didn't do is re-lock the case.

My fiancee is getting a suitcase for her trip to the USA. I talked to her about the use of TSA locks. Does anyone know if TSA locks are available in the Philippines?

Dale

i just used ordinary lock for my luggage...though nothing was important inside but i didnt want people to put something in my luggage that will put me in trouble.

Dale

i just used ordinary lock for my luggage...though nothing was important inside but i didnt want people to put something in my luggage that will put me in trouble.

Found them at ACE Hardware. Also at the luggage dept of SM. My brother, a very seasoned traveler, advised me to get these. I didn't really have anything valuable in our baggages but in these times, anything can be of interest to anybody. Besides, the point of putting your stuff in your baggage is because you need them and it would suck big time if you find out later on that some stuff went missing.

12-09-08 - INTERVIEW @ 6:30AM...God be with us! --- APPROVED!!!

12-11-08 - VISAS RECEIVED....YAHOOOOO!!!

04-07-09 - POE: Chicago O'hare

04-28-09 - received SSN's (after having to apply for them personally!!!!)

04-30-09 - Received our 2-year GREEN CARDS

01-07-09 - ROC, here we come!!!

01-18-11 - Mailed out I-751

HPIM3434-2.jpg

enKOm5.png

But the crooks can just get a copy of the TSA keys that open the TSA locks, so I think the TSA locks are just pointless. If someone really wants to get inside of your luggage, they will (just cut off the locks). More money spent for nothing.

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Timeline

Dale

Found them at ACE Hardware. Also at the luggage dept of SM. My brother, a very seasoned traveler, advised me to get these. I didn't really have anything valuable in our baggages but in these times, anything can be of interest to anybody. Besides, the point of putting your stuff in your baggage is because you need them and it would suck big time if you find out later on that some stuff went missing.

Thanks, Pat seems to know about an ACE Hardware in the Quezon area and knows about SM stores. I agree, I think it is best to have some kind of lock and if any lock is used TSA will just break it if they want to inspect it. In March when I went to the Philippines I had no problem at all with TSA locks. All Pat will have are cloths and a few shoes, but I know she wants them or she would not be bringing them. Thanks again.

Dale

7-17-2009 touched

7-20-2009 NOA2 received

12-08-2009 CFO

With God's blessing

Dale and Pat

Dale

Thanks, Pat seems to know about an ACE Hardware in the Quezon area and knows about SM stores. I agree, I think it is best to have some kind of lock and if any lock is used TSA will just break it if they want to inspect it. In March when I went to the Philippines I had no problem at all with TSA locks. All Pat will have are cloths and a few shoes, but I know she wants them or she would not be bringing them. Thanks again.

Dale

You are welcome. My daughter and I had a luggage and a balikbayan box each to maximize what we could bring. Bought balikbayan box bags to cover the boxes and put TSA locks on them, too. the bags are less cumbersome to use than to rope the boxes up...would be a hassle at the airport if you were asked to open them then secure them again with those ropes.

Good Luck to you both :)

12-09-08 - INTERVIEW @ 6:30AM...God be with us! --- APPROVED!!!

12-11-08 - VISAS RECEIVED....YAHOOOOO!!!

04-07-09 - POE: Chicago O'hare

04-28-09 - received SSN's (after having to apply for them personally!!!!)

04-30-09 - Received our 2-year GREEN CARDS

01-07-09 - ROC, here we come!!!

01-18-11 - Mailed out I-751

HPIM3434-2.jpg

enKOm5.png

Timeline
But the crooks can just get a copy of the TSA keys that open the TSA locks, so I think the TSA locks are just pointless. If someone really wants to get inside of your luggage, they will (just cut off the locks). More money spent for nothing.

Yes, I think that can happen. I know some people just leave them totally unlocked. Someone at work travels a lot mostly within North America does not lock his, but only has clothing and shoes in it.

Dale

7-17-2009 touched

7-20-2009 NOA2 received

12-08-2009 CFO

With God's blessing

Dale and Pat

Timeline

Dale

Dale

You are welcome. My daughter and I had a luggage and a balikbayan box each to maximize what we could bring. Bought balikbayan box bags to cover the boxes and put TSA locks on them, too. the bags are less cumbersome to use than to rope the boxes up...would be a hassle at the airport if you were asked to open them then secure them again with those ropes.

Good Luck to you both :)

That is an idea too. I have seen the balikbayan boxes used when I have flown out of San Fransisco.

Dale

7-17-2009 touched

7-20-2009 NOA2 received

12-08-2009 CFO

With God's blessing

Dale and Pat

My fiancee is getting a suitcase for her trip to the USA.

:blink::blink::blink:

Is this gonna be a family event, or is she doing it alone :whistle::whistle::whistle:

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Timeline
My fiancee is getting a suitcase for her trip to the USA.

:blink::blink::blink:

Is this gonna be a family event, or is she doing it alone :whistle::whistle::whistle:

She is coming alone.

7-17-2009 touched

7-20-2009 NOA2 received

12-08-2009 CFO

With God's blessing

Dale and Pat

• 3 years later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.