Nix and Poppy

K-1 VISA "APPROVED" AFTER FRAUD INTERVIEW BUT VERY UPSET WITH CO

36 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Ok. I'm not exaggerating things here but 90% of his questions are weird, funny and pointless. His first set of questions consisted of my fiance's age, birthday, zodiac sign, school, previous relationship, siblings, pets, house, body tattoo. He stopped typing then proceed to the second set of questions. I noticed he started to speak slowly and changed tone and looked real serious and that made him look like he was confronting me for some kind of crime. Well, we eventually had a small confrontation when he asked (in a very sarcastic tone) if i am aware of my fiance's eye problem,

I'm curious how the CO would know the answers to the parts I left bolded? How did he know about your BF's eye? Or the other information that isn't revealed normally in the application/petition?

Sorry if that's been revealed in past posts, I didn't look.

Hello sir i'm sorry i didn't notice your question when i first read your post. My fiance had a bike accident when he was a kid and it made his left eye appear smaller than the right one. It's a mildly slant eye. I'm sure they figured it out by just looking at him. It doesn't affect his facial appearance that much but he needs to wear glasses when he's outside to protect the eyelid.

As for the questions they gave me, i tried to write down everything that i remember. I mostly missed their questions for my fiance.

Initial Screening: All questions are based in the information i have in the application. My name, birthday, age, job, my fiance's name, his birthday, the date we met, where we met, how long we've been dating, etc.

CO Interview: Simple questions about my fiance and his family such as his birthday, pet, piercing/body tattoo, job, previous relationship and his siblings.

Fraud Interview: All questions are based in the application as well. But the way they ask the question is very sarcastic and there's always a follow-up question.

CO to Fiancee:

Are you aware of your fiance's eye problem?

** What happened to your fiance's eye?

Do you have any other sponsor aside from your fiance?

** Why isn't he able to reach the required salary in his affidavit of support?

What's your fiance's standing in college?

** Have you ever thought of how low his average salary could be for being a college drop-out?

Where do you plan to live if you will be granted a visa?

** How come he's living in stockton all his life? That city is the worst in america!

CO to Fiance:

How many are you in the family?

** Do you still depend to your parents in any way?

May i have the name of your sister?

** What about your fiancee's sister?

How much is your annual salary?

** And you think $___ is enough?

Where did you meet your fiancee?

** What was your job then?

** College and working part time by the bay, did you afford to pay for your rent in such an expensive district?

(There are still 2 to 3 more follow-up questions after this but I can't remember the questions anymore.)

Do you you have any other police record aside from shoplifting?

** So you're saying that you're not a criminal?

(This one is purely invented by the CO. My fiance doesn't have any police records.)

And these are the questions we encountered. But i'd like to point out that this may not apply to other cases. I even met a bunch of beneficiaries here who finished their final interview in less than 10 minutes.

:star:

~*~*~Nikki and Paul~*~*~

08/15/2006 - Met and became friends at starbucks in bay area

08/25/2006 - Fiance proposed his love (tsk tsk too fast!).

08/26/2006 - I was back in the Philippines. We started to get to know each other more online.

12/10/2006 - Officially became lovers

12/15/2006 - Holiday visit in the US - 15 days

05/19/2007 - Fiance's 1st visit in the Philippines - 12 days

12/10/2007 - Holiday visit in the US - 14 days

06/19/2008 - Fiance's 2nd visit in the Philippines - 11 days

12/10/2008 - Fiance's 3rd visit (surprise) in the Philippines - 25 days

12/15/2008 - Engagement

12/16/2008 - Received blessings from my family

12/17/2008 - Received blessings from fiance's parents thru skype video chat

05/19/2009 - Fiance's 3rd visit in the Philippines

11/07/2009 - Fiance's 4th visit in the Philippines. He wanted to come with me in the interview.

01/03/2009 - Fiance filled out and sent the I-129F.

03/12/2009 - NOA1 sent

03/18/2009 - NOA1 received

06/22/2009 - NOA2 sent

06/26/2009 - NOA2 received

10/09/2009 - Packet 3 forms sent to consulate

11/12/2009 - Unforgettable interview at US Embassy Manila *Approved*

a little almost there bebe...

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I admire your bravery and your love for your husband to be. THAT's the true filipina! :thumbs: may dugong Gabriela Silang heheh...people can try to intimidate us all they want but they can never bring us down. I wish you both all the best and happy marriage. God bless you! :)

Hi thank you very much! It feels good to hear from a fellow pinay who can relate to my experience. My fiance is a very shy type of person, he doesn't quarrel and cries instead when something bothers him. It breaks my heart to see him confused and humiliated like that he's not into arguments since he was a kid and will not make a decision without asking me so from the time he became my boyfriend i see to it sure he's comfortable, back him up if needed, and protect him from anything/anyone that can hurt his feelings.

Nice to see your wedding pictures! Can't wait to have my own set of wedding pictures real soon.. :star:

My experience at the embassy was not bad actually and it only took less than 10 mins. The CO was looking serious but she was nice to me and even wished me to be healthy (coz i just finished my chemotherapy that time). Well just take it as a test to both of you that made your relationship even stronger. :) I can see that you will be a good wife to your fiance. Take care of each other, be each others strength, learn and grow together...expect more challenges to come your way but beat them by loving each other more.

I am excited to see your wedding photos soon :) Again, congratulations and best wishes! :dance:

ZlYHm6.png

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

so you are an outspoken wealthy young woman from a high fraud country marrying a guy who doesn't meet the poverty guidelines and is not your "social equal"? hmmm. be sure to stay married for 2 years before divorcing him.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Timeline
so you are an outspoken wealthy young woman from a high fraud country marrying a guy who doesn't meet the poverty guidelines and is not your "social equal"? hmmm. be sure to stay married for 2 years before divorcing him.

I appreciate your input sir but divorce has never crossed my mind. There will be no room for that. And yes my fiance failed to meet the poverty guidelines but that didn't stop us from pursuing our marriage plan. We're together for 3 years and his status in life is not an issue. It's never been an issue. There's still a lot of things about him that i'm thankful for.

~*~*~Nikki and Paul~*~*~

08/26/2006 - I was back in the Philippines. We started to get to know each other more online.

12/15/2008 - Engagement

11/07/2009 - Fiance's 4th visit in the Philippines. He wanted to come with me in the interview.

03/12/2009 - NOA1 sent

06/22/2009 - NOA2 sent

Filed: Other Timeline

I appreciate your input sir but divorce has never crossed my mind. There will be no room for that. And yes my fiance failed to meet the poverty guidelines but that didn't stop us from pursuing our marriage plan. We're together for 3 years and his status in life is not an issue. It's never been an issue. There's still a lot of things about him that i'm thankful for.

Try not to take that personally, Poppy. It's sort of typical from justashooter.

Timeline

Try not to take that personally, Poppy. It's sort of typical from justashooter.

Oh okay. Now i realize why he sounds so hurt and bitter.. :rolleyes:

~*~*~Nikki and Paul~*~*~

12/15/2008 - Engagement

03/12/2009 - NOA1 sent

06/22/2009 - NOA2 sent

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.