JimVaPhuong

Slow to get an interview in HCM...

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Man.. you have vacation time like you work for the Government

Not really. I've worked there 6 1/2 years, and hardly taken any time off since I started. We're allowed to accumulate up to 200 hours before they stop adding more time, and I hit that limit a few times in the six years. In fact, we're allowed to sell back time equal to the time we take off, and I did that a couple of times this year just to trim my accrued vacation down a bit. :blush:

I like to keep at least 3 or 4 weeks of time accumulated as "insurance". If I'm layed off, they have to buy that time back from me, which will help pay the bills while I look for another job. :)

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Wasn't bashing... I only get a few days a year off and they are not paid days because I am self employed... My best friends wife works for the VA and gets 2 months a year off paid... I have a whole lot of envy at times for those that get all that time off paid...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Does anybody have a good idea when my wife might get her interview??

I filed a CR1 the NVC got my wifes paperwork on November 4th it was a DS paper and her clean papers. I had sent my papers in weeks before (I485 ect) and those were already processed before they got my wife's paper. They tell you to allow 4 to 6 weeks for processing but from what I have seen on here it is more like 2 weeks. I would like to avoid christmas time as I cannot afford the 6,700 to fly at that time.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-129F Sent : 2008-03-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-05

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-08-04

Interview Date : 2008-11-06

Interview Result : Denied 2008-12-05

Round 2

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

Marriage : 2009-04-13

I-130 Sent : 2009-04-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2009-04-29

I-130 Approved : 2009-09-09

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-05

Packet 4 Received : 2009-11-13

Interview Date : 2009-12-23

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2010-01-07

POE minneapolis 02-19-10

By my side happy everafter 02-19-10

Not really. I've worked there 6 1/2 years, and hardly taken any time off since I started. We're allowed to accumulate up to 200 hours before they stop adding more time, and I hit that limit a few times in the six years. In fact, we're allowed to sell back time equal to the time we take off, and I did that a couple of times this year just to trim my accrued vacation down a bit. :blush:

I like to keep at least 3 or 4 weeks of time accumulated as "insurance". If I'm layed off, they have to buy that time back from me, which will help pay the bills while I look for another job. :)

Hi Jim and Phuong !

I just got letter from embassy, they said i will have K3 interview day on Dec 15 same as yours. Im really happy about it but i will not go,i have to wait for my case CR-1 complete, so pitty.

Anyway, i wish both you will bring PINK.

IR1 - processed from 02/12/2008 to 12/08/2009

INTERVIEW : JAN 21-2010- GOT PINK

VISA IN HAND : FEB 4,2010

MOVED TO USA : FEB 6,2010

10 YEARS GC IN HAND : MARCH 13,2010

Timeline

Hi Jim and Phuong !

I just got letter from embassy, they said i will have K3 interview day on Dec 15 same as yours. Im really happy about it but i will not go,i have to wait for my case CR-1 complete, so pitty.

Anyway, i wish both you will bring PINK.

Thanks! I really hope the CO is in the mood to give us a nice Christmas present! :)

Oh no, i will not go interview for K3. that mean i can not come to my husband on Christmas ..hic. I just want to ask how my husband write email to Embassy, should we tell them that we have to wait for CR1 interview or cancel K3 interview day? Im so worry now !

IR1 - processed from 02/12/2008 to 12/08/2009

INTERVIEW : JAN 21-2010- GOT PINK

VISA IN HAND : FEB 4,2010

MOVED TO USA : FEB 6,2010

10 YEARS GC IN HAND : MARCH 13,2010

Timeline

Good luck Jim! Hope Christmas comes early for the both of you!! Any luck on plane tickets?? Have you considered getting a 1 way then a 1 way home? If all the tickets are taken this sometimes works. A friend of mine travels all over the world for business, and he said half the time he has only a few days notice and the only way he can get out of paying for a first class ticket is to do it that way. He even told me once that one of the flights he wanted was full accept for first class, when he did it 1 way he got the exact same flight and he did not pay the premium. Maybe this will help, but good luck and hope you get pink. Jerome and Binh

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Timeline
Good luck Jim! Hope Christmas comes early for the both of you!! Any luck on plane tickets?? Have you considered getting a 1 way then a 1 way home? If all the tickets are taken this sometimes works. A friend of mine travels all over the world for business, and he said half the time he has only a few days notice and the only way he can get out of paying for a first class ticket is to do it that way. He even told me once that one of the flights he wanted was full accept for first class, when he did it 1 way he got the exact same flight and he did not pay the premium. Maybe this will help, but good luck and hope you get pink. Jerome and Binh

When I checked yesterday there were still economy tickets available on both China and Eva. I prefer Eva, but I'll fly China if I need to. I don't want any airline that stops in Korea, the Philippines, or Hong Kong. The layovers are too long. The layovers in Taipei are usually never more than a couple of hours.

I'm probably going to book with an open return date, which will add a little to the cost. If she's approved I won't know precisely which day we'll be returning. I'm planning on going to the VN travel agent I usually use in Oakland this afternoon.

Timeline
Just got off the phone with DoS.. it appears that HCMC is dragging thier feet in a major way.. They have had my case based on DHL records since 10/26.. but they have not entered the fact that they have it, into the system.. so until that happens I cant send DS230 etc... I asked her about your case and Dougs.. She said for you guys to call her and she can tell you what is in the system to avoid the time lag on emails from the consulate... 202-663-1225.. then press1, 5, and then 0... that will get you through to her or another CSR that has access to the same computer system that HCMC uses... She can see if pkt 4 was sent, pkt 3 was sent and even see if the interview has been scheduled and what date... a 3 or 4 minute call can give you a little peace of mind, but I am of the same mindset that you are in that they are dragging the feet at the moment.. possibly to lighten the load during the holidays...

I called the number and they still have my visa at the NVC it has not been forward to the council yet so I think I will get my interview sometime in January she told me to call back next week.

I was just on cheap tickets for flights between dec 19th and Jan 2nd and they dropped from 6,700 to a range of 3,000 to 4,300. There are now 5 carriors instead of 2 carriors so that might have had something to do with it.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Round 2

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

POE minneapolis 02-19-10

Timeline

Congrats to all those who got their interview dates! FINALLY!

Err.. any of you guys want to switch? Ha is on 11/25. I'm not complaining but, I have 1.5 weeks off in Dec (not including my own vacation time). It would have been nice to have a Dec 15 interview date just so that I can spend Dec 7 - Jan 10 with Ha. :)

Oh well! Best of luck guys!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I would trade in a second... They held us up @ NVC for a month in AP and then the file was lost in transit to HCMC for almost a month... they just got it and I fired off the pkt 3 response.. so We are expecting Jan 17 or so... And we were expecting an early Dec since we got our NOA2 almost 2 months ago.. hopefully I will know in the next week or so when the interview will be...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

Err.. any of you guys want to switch? Ha is on 11/25. I'm not complaining but, I have 1.5 weeks off in Dec (not including my own vacation time). It would have been nice to have a Dec 15 interview date just so that I can spend Dec 7 - Jan 10 with Ha. :)

I would trade you in a heart beat ours is December 23rd. If you would enjoy spending a bunch of money on a plane ticket

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Round 2

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

POE minneapolis 02-19-10

Timeline

I would trade you in a heart beat ours is December 23rd. If you would enjoy spending a bunch of money on a plane ticket

It would be a great birthday present if we get PINK on the 23rd!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.