Peru2023

Interview date.

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Peru
Timeline

Ok, so it has been July since the k3 application was approved, so I decided to call the NVC and they told me that all the info was sent to the embassy on August 17th. So I called the emabassy iin Peru, and they told me my wife had an appointment for September 22! So of course I freaked out a little. Anyway the lady was really nice and asked me if my wife was ready for the interview. I said yes. So she rescheduled right over the phone. So now the new date is the 20th of this month. What does she need to take with her? Please URGENT!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

There's a packet they should be mailing her with documents she needs to fill out. I would call the embassy back and see if she can go and pick the packet up, my husband did that. The mail system is horrible and he didn't get the packet until after he had the interview.

I'm not too familiar with the K3 visa interview, we did a K1 ... but the packet should have all the instructions in it.

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Filed: Country: Peru
Timeline

But does she need this packet? And what is in it?

There's a packet they should be mailing her with documents she needs to fill out. I would call the embassy back and see if she can go and pick the packet up, my husband did that. The mail system is horrible and he didn't get the packet until after he had the interview.

I'm not too familiar with the K3 visa interview, we did a K1 ... but the packet should have all the instructions in it.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
But does she need this packet? And what is in it?

Of course she needs it, there's forms in it to be filled out, the letter with the interview date on it (which she will need to bring with her to the embassy as proof so they let her in). Again, I'm not sure of the process for the K-3 visa because we had a K-1.

http://lima.usembassy.gov/required_forms.html

I don't know if you did any of these already for the K-3, but we were mailed these forms along with instructions for the medical exam and where to go. It also had instructions for payment for the visa fee, etc.

The reason she never found out she had the original interview date was because she most likely never received the packet, which is why I highly recommend you have her go and pick it up like my husband did.

Good luck!

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
susita is right, tell her to go pick up the packet, there is a lot of information she has to get and you too, good luck and if need some help in lima, i can help you guys giving you directions!

one more thing, if a medical exam is requested, get the packet from the embassy because its required the letter from the embassy to get the medical examination, another thing, if she was born in other city than lima, just in case get a birth certificate from wherever she is from and get it legalized at RENIEC, they other stuff is easy and fast to get only if its similar to k1 visa, good luck again.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.