bond

I-134 - sponsor???

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

hey guys!

I am collecting the papers for my visa interview and I have some questions regarding the I-134 form. me and my fiancee are both still studying so we don't have an income yet.

my fiancees mom is unumployed for about one year. She has savings and property. Can she be the sponsor? how much money does she has to have on her account and does it make a difference that she earns property? What kind of papers does she has to collect for me? Before her unemployment she made a lot of money on her job, should I attach her last tax income to the I-134 form or is this not necessary cause she has not a job now?

thanks for the help

- Adam

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
hey guys!

I am collecting the papers for my visa interview and I have some questions regarding the I-134 form. me and my fiancee are both still studying so we don't have an income yet.

my fiancees mom is unumployed for about one year. She has savings and property. Can she be the sponsor? how much money does she has to have on her account and does it make a difference that she earns property? What kind of papers does she has to collect for me? Before her unemployment she made a lot of money on her job, should I attach her last tax income to the I-134 form or is this not necessary cause she has not a job now?

thanks for the help

- Adam

She can sponsor using assets IF she has enough assets. For teo people (you and her) she will need about $60,000 in liquidatable assets (can be sold witnin one year without affecting the family) A preincipal home will not always be accepted as an asset that can be used. (if it is sold, it has to be replaced, it cannot be sold without affecting the family)

This is up to the consulate. Qualifiying on assets alone, unless it is a LOT of assets, can be difficult as the consulate can disqualify which assets they want and you have no idea what they will accept until you go for the interview. Better to find a co-sponsor that can qualify on income.

The co-sponsor submits all the same documents your fiancee does, PLUS proof of US citizen or permanent residency.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Guys, I have a similar question. My USC just got out off school (so he only has received few months paychecks). His current job pays above 60k annually before tax. We have not much savings, nor other assets. Do we need a co-sponsor? What evidence should we obtain?

Thanks!

event.png

event.png

AOS + EAD + AP

03/17/10 Mailed using Priority Mail

03/21/10 Arrived at Chicago Lockbox

03/29/10 NOA1 issued

03/31/10 Notice on biometrics appointment for AOS+ EAD issued

04/13/10 I-485 transferred to CSC

04/21/10 Biometrics taken

04/22/10 AOS+EAD touched

05/04/10 AOS touched

05/26/10 EAD card ordered, AP touched/approved

06/01/10 AP received in the mail

06/04/10 Notice on mailing of EAD card received

07/10/10 AOS touched

08/09/10 still no updates

09/09/10 AOS touched

09/11/10 I-129F touched (???)

Filed: Timeline

The co-sponsor submits all the same documents your fiancee does, PLUS proof of US citizen or permanent residency.

What kind of documents do I have to turn in from the co-sponsor?

- proof of income just from last year? proof of income before tax or after tax?

- birth certificate of co-sponsor?

- what else???

thanks for the help

- Adam

Edited by bond

Guys, I have a similar question. My USC just got out off school (so he only has received few months paychecks). His current job pays above 60k annually before tax. We have not much savings, nor other assets. Do we need a co-sponsor? What evidence should we obtain?

Thanks!

Your fiance qualifies comfortably on salary alone.

My salary is similar, and I likewise just started my job in March 2009. I listed no asset information on the I-134, and just provided last year's tax info along with my last six pay stubs (I'm paid monthly) and a letter from my employer stating that I am employed full-time, my job title, and salary. My fiancee's K1 was approved without a hitch.

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Your best bet is going to be to read the guides concerning the affidavit of support. Trying to inch through this asking one question for each line of the form is not going to be beneficial to you. You or your fiancee need to understand the process by studying it. I don't say this to be snippy, I say it because it is true. Someone put a lot of time into writing those guides at the top of the page and they are pretty darn good.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.