irnmtn25

Police Certificates--India

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I have two questions, and I would be most grateful for any help/advice you can give:

It says on the packet 3 checklist that you have to get a police certificate from both the local police office, and the local passport office where the passport was issued. How many police certificates do you need to have? Is it 2 (one from each agency) or 1 (meaning that both agencies sign the same certificate)?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
I have two questions, and I would be most grateful for any help/advice you can give:

It says on the packet 3 checklist that you have to get a police certificate from both the local police office, and the local passport office where the passport was issued. How many police certificates do you need to have? Is it 2 (one from each agency) or 1 (meaning that both agencies sign the same certificate)?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Check out this topic: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=226166

After calling NVC, i was told you need the PCC from the passport office as well as the district office....

USCIS:

June 16, 2009: Mailed I-130

June 13, 2009: Notice Date

September 10, 2009: Approved

NVC Timeline:

October 2, 2009: Received notice to pay AOS and submit change of agent form

October 2, 2009: Initiated AOS Fee

October 5, 2009: E-mailed Choice of Agent Form

October 6, 2009: AOS Paid

October 10, 2009: Sent I-864EZ

October 19, 2009: I-864EZ Recived

October 26, 2009: NVC rec'd Choice of Agent Form (recommendation -- don't e-mail!!!)

October 27, 2009: Rec'd e-mail to pay IV

October 27, 2009: Paid IV

November 6, 2009: Rec'd PCC and original Birth Certificate from India

November 13, 2009: NVC receives PCC and Birth Certificate

November 28, 2009: New Delhi receives package

December 8, 2009: Interview date assigned by New Delhi (December 14, 2009)

December 14, 2009: Wife got the VISA!!!

December 25, 2009: Wife will be in US!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.