onedaysoon79

Getting paperwork

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I wanna describe some things I went through to get the paperwork listed on the packet from the embassy. I lived in Lima for many years but I hated going downtown because I like quite places... after I recieved the packet, I went downtown many times to get all the paperwork and in the case of my birth certificate I went to "Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores" to get it legalized just in case, not really needed "I think". Now I know downtown, good time to drive around there and see how the city where I lived is before I leave, and buildings are great :)

BTW I was born in Piura, but never lived there :(, but I lived in other cities around Perú. Anyway, I also went to Aramburú to get the "Police Certificate" it was very easy, I mean everything was very easy but the Military Records were not... I was lucky my parents were on vacation in Máncora-Piura, so they got my birth certificate and I just had to go to RENIEC and Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores to get it legalized... Medical Exam, damn easy but the hard part doing this was the vaccinations, the afternoon after the vaccinations was bad, a horrible headache and I was very sleepy. Monday 26, I have everything on hand (after the horrible experience of the mail send by my fiancée) and I have to get mentally ready for the interview, I´m gonna bring everything I have in mind and paperwork they requested for, I went before to the embassy (three times so I know it like the back of my hand) and succeeded but it was a different kind of visa, now I know I´m gonna be questioned and I just have to do my best, I´m nervous I can tell but, I just want it to be friday! everything was easy untill now but, having my dear Ola far away from me was the wost part. I can´t tell we made it yet, but once I have the visa on one hand and the plane ticket on the other... God is gonna take me back to the US.

God bless everyone in visa journey, families and everyone that has to deal with this difficult times...

Have a great day everyone!

good job gathering the paperworks!! and congrats on the approval. as long as you are properly documented and know everything there is to know about your fiance, then things should be fine. good luck on your interview and let us know what happens ^_^

i just got approved and waiting for the visa to be delivered... already got tickets lol >.<

gluck again

Activities 2009

May 28 -- I-129F Sent

Jun 01 -- Check Cashed

Jun 08 -- NOA1

Aug 28 -- NOA2

Oct 14 -- Medical Exam

Oct 22 -- Interview @USEM

Oct 30 -- Visa received

Nov 10 -- US Entry ; POE: Seattle, WA

Dec 11 -- Wedding day =D

Activities 2010

Feb 11 -- [i-485] AOS; EAD; AP sent

Feb 19 -- NOA1 : AOS, EAD, AP

Feb 23 -- NOA 2: AOS & EAD

Mar 09 -- Biometrics

Apr 09 -- EAD Approval date - waiting for hardcopy

Apr 18 -- EAD Card received

Apr 20 -- NOA 2 - interview schedule

May 08 -- SSN received

Jun 07 -- Interview date

June 11 -- Wedding Ceremony ^^

"There are two kinds of people in this world:

Those that play hopscotch and sing in the shower..

And those that lie alone at night with tears in their eyes."

"Hopscotch and Tears" by Becka Woolf, Chickensoup for the Teenage Soul

OP describes obtaining paperwork for the embassy/consulate interview stage - moving to US Embassy and Consulate Discussion...

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.