bobby_kvisa

Front Loading or Back Loading Petition for New Delhi Consulate

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I wanted to ask a question regarding the Consulate review process in New Delhi India (OR INDIA IN GENERAL).

Would you consider Front-Loading the Petition for a New Delhi embassy-based K1 Petition to be a wise move - or is it a smarter move to Back-Load the Petition and send loads of evidence with the fiance to the interview?

If I decide NOT to Front-Load the petition (i.e. save all the main evidence for later) - would it be UNWISE to EXCLUDE ALL Engagement photographs from the original I-129F submission - (these would be submitted only at the time of the interview)?

I know this is for a New Delhi embassy-based K1 Petition - but I am just wondering if I start the I-129F package by submitting only normal photos of us laughing and outside together if that will be ok. The initial evidence is reviewed only by the Vermont Service Center - so I dont think they need loads of evidence initially. And I do not know if they will require Engagement Pictures for viewing - they should be fine with regular photos.

I would like to hear any opinions about this topic - Front Loading vs Back Loading for New Delhi specifically (OR INDIA IN GENERAL). And also WAITING to submit the Engagement Photos till the end.

CR-1 Visa Was Approved :-)

Entry Date to USA: 2/3/2011

12-10-2012 - Sent off I-751 packet visa USPS

I751 Was approved - 10 Year GC was granted

N-400 Progress

4/10/2014: Package Mailed
4/11/2014: Package Received
4/14/2014: Notice Date
x/x/2014: Biometrics appointment

Timeline

this is a tough question. how elaborate were your engagement photos? sometimes if they are too elaborate, india has been known to consider them marriage photos. in all honesty, you are only required to submit to uscis proof of you meeting within the last two years.

in my experience, for the k1, we did not do any front loading, but we were denied, because when the time came to show additional evidence, we had none. specifically, they wanted engagement party information.

now that we have filed for the cr1 (spouse) visa, we front-loaded like crazy. so again, it is a hard decision for a difficult embassy. good luck :thumbs:

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

It truely is your option. If you have more pictures besides engagment pictures then that is even better. Before yoru fiance has the interview she will have to submit the evidence 7 to 10 days prior to the consulate. So, you can even submit the engagment pictures then. They just want proof that you met and that is all so at the initial stage 2 or 3 pics is suffice. THey will be looking closely at your passport stamps and boarding passes, and pictures are secondary evidence for the initial stage. At the interview stage is when you provide additional evidence that shows ongoing relationship and lots of pictures. Do not worry about too many pictures at the early stage. If your engagment ceremony seems like an elaborate wedding then I would suggest you submit other pictures you may have.

Star

Timeline
this is a tough question. how elaborate were your engagement photos? sometimes if they are too elaborate, india has been known to consider them marriage photos. in all honesty, you are only required to submit to uscis proof of you meeting within the last two years.

in my experience, for the k1, we did not do any front loading, but we were denied, because when the time came to show additional evidence, we had none. specifically, they wanted engagement party information.

now that we have filed for the cr1 (spouse) visa, we front-loaded like crazy. so again, it is a hard decision for a difficult embassy. good luck :thumbs:

We did not have an elaborate engagement party. We actually had a somewhat small, 2-3 hour engagement party at a restaurant. There are no Hindu (religious) elements that I can see in the photos (no fire, no God or prayer and no Bollywood Extravagance) - (hopefully) a fairly simple Engagement Party.

Is it a "requirement" that EVERY photo presented at the Interview from the Engagement party have both me and my fiance in it? Or is it ok to show some other photographs of other guests by themselves (such as in a mini album format)? The photos are not taken by a professional photographer - just someone from the family taking the photos.

Everyone has different recommendations for India - some say to Front Load - others say to send only Engagement Photos to the USCIS and others (like you KAUSHALIA) say the USCIS only needs proof of having met in the last two years.

I'd appreciate any more viewpoints and experiences that people have had with Front/Back Loading & Engagement party photos and the Delhi Consulate.

CR-1 Visa Was Approved :-)

Entry Date to USA: 2/3/2011

12-10-2012 - Sent off I-751 packet visa USPS

I751 Was approved - 10 Year GC was granted

N-400 Progress

4/10/2014: Package Mailed
4/11/2014: Package Received
4/14/2014: Notice Date
x/x/2014: Biometrics appointment

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Technically Kaushalia is correct...as far as USCIS is concerned they only need proof of meeting within two years of filing. With that said, all of the documentation that you send to USCIS goes to the Delhi consulate and they will see it prior to the interview. My husband (then fiance) and I submitted a lot of proof of relationship with out USCIS petition, and although I can't say that it helped I know it didn't hurt. I kind of went with the theory that we would submit proof of the relationship up to the point of filing in the USCIS petition stage, and then submit proof of relationship from the filing date to "present" to VFS. That way, when the Consulate looked back on your file they would have a snapshot of your whole relationship.

Delhi is a tough Consulate, and doesn't go own one clear path, so go with the "more is better" theory...I've never heard of USCIS sending petitions back too much proof. I have heard of Delhi denying for not enough. As for the engagement pictures, I would think as long as they are not elaborate I would send them. We didn't have an engagement ceremony so we sent a letter explaining that.

I also suggest, and I know I'm a bit ahead of where you are, that you take another trip over there for the interview. Again, Delhi being a high fraud Consulate, you being there for the interview could potentially make a difference. I only say this now so that it will give you some time to maybe plan for it. Plenty of people have gotten approved with their SO not being there for the interview so it's just something to think of.

~Jen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.