psychocis

Obtaining a Birth Certificate in Pakistan (Need Help)

3 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone,

Well I was on track and moving through the entire process relatively fast. However, my wife's certified birth certificate was not accepted. From what I understand she must have a original or a certified certificate from the Registar of Births and Deaths or Director of Health Services.

Does anyone have insight into exactly what these government department actually is or if anyone has had any problems with submitting the right birth certificate. I have been attempting to locate the mentioned departments, however have not been able to locate them.

She is now attempting to get the proper certificate, but I'm not so sure she's getting the right type.

Obviously, she does not have the original birth certificate and the one I submitted was from the hospital she was born in.

Any thoughts, comments or solutions are appreciated.

Thank You.

Hi,

I don't know if you are looking for to get birth cert. in USA or in Pakistan? If in US, go to your town office and they will issue you a duplicate. If you are talking about Pakistan, then you will get it from your area towm nazim. Even if she has the hospital certificate, it will simplify her process in obtaining from town office (Nazim office).

All the best.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Yea in Pak, you need to goto Nazim's office and get his signature on Urdu birth certificate. Then get it translated into English, and get Nazim's signature on it again. NVC wants both originals in Urdu and ENglish. best of luck

[b]USCIS:[/b]
[color="#006400"]Filed I-130[/color]: Sept 10, 2007
[color="#006400"]NOA1 receipt:[/color] Jan 22, 2008
[color="#006400"]Able to check status online:[/color] Feb 22, 2008
[color="#006400"](fake) Automated Touches:[/color] Feb 22, 2008, Jan 14, 2009, April 26, 2009 (a fake SUNDAY touch)
[color="#006400"][b]Sued USCIS (writ of mandamus): May 6. 2009[/b][/color]
[color="#006400"]NOA2: I-130 and I129 Approved:[/color] June 18. 2009

[b]NVC:[/b]
[color="#006400"]NVC forwarded I-129 to the Islamabad embassy, case number assigned:[/color] July 8. 2009
[color="#006400"]NVC assigned case number to I-130; fee request sent to lawyer:[/color] July 14. 2009
[color="#006400"]AOS bill received from NVC:[/color] July 20, 2009
[color="#006400"]K3 (I129) interview/medical exam forms received by spouse abroad:[/color] July 18, 2009 (Not pursued any further)
[color="#006400"]AOS and IV bill paid: [/color] July 28, 2009
[color="#006400"]NVC sent request for AOS documents:[/color] Aug 19, 2009
[color="#006400"]AOS documents mailed to NVC:[/color] Sept 14, 2009
[color="#006400"]AOS documents received by NVC:[/color] Sept 28, 2009
[color="#006400"]Case complete at NVC:[/color] Oct 08, 2009
[color="#006400"]Interview date assigned on: [/color]Oct 14, 2009
[color="#006400"]Interview date at Islamabad:[/color] Nov 3, 2009
[color="#006400"]Approved:[/color] Nov 3, 2009
[color="#006400"]Arrival at USA:[/color] Nov 13, 2009
[color="#006400"]Received green card in mail:[/color] Dec 24, 2009

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.