gmjdmj

Faxing to the Embassy

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Does anyone know if you can fax the checklist to the London embassy? We mailed it back over a week ago and according to the tracking number that we keep checking on line it STILL has not made it to the embassy. Someone had suggested faxing it. Is that a possiblity? Or any other suggestions??

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Never heard of anyone faxing anything back to the Embassy. Not seen a fax number posted anywhere either. You could scan it an attach it to an e-mail and hope they see it and do something with it. Not heard of anyone doing that either so assume it is going to be hit or miss if you try.

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

Scanning and emailing: The embassy WILL NOT download any attachments, so that is not an option

Faxing: This is an option but ONLY if you are specifically requested to fax something, and even then, the CO must give you the phone # to fax and will also inform you to whom you must write "attention to" on it. Faxing is only possible if you are requested by a Consular Officer specifically (by phone, mail, etc).

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Timeline
Scanning and emailing: The embassy WILL NOT download any attachments, so that is not an option

Faxing: This is an option but ONLY if you are specifically requested to fax something, and even then, the CO must give you the phone # to fax and will also inform you to whom you must write "attention to" on it. Faxing is only possible if you are requested by a Consular Officer specifically (by phone, mail, etc).

Thanks Marm! I appreciate it. I was just wondering. We mailed the checklist to the Embassy over a week ago and the tracking system at Royal Mail still shows that it has not been dleivered. I guess the only thing we can do is mail it again with a cover letter explaining the other one didn't make it. I am not sure what other options we have...SO frustrating! If anyone has any other suggestions or ideas...

Thanks as always!

Thanks Marm! I appreciate it. I was just wondering. We mailed the checklist to the Embassy over a week ago and the tracking system at Royal Mail still shows that it has not been dleivered. I guess the only thing we can do is mail it again with a cover letter explaining the other one didn't make it. I am not sure what other options we have...SO frustrating! If anyone has any other suggestions or ideas...

Thanks as always!

I think it is best to resend another packet 3 response with a cover letter explanation as you said. We can still hope that Royal Mail is delayed and that it will show up tomorrow or the day after, but if you can no longer wait (and want a Nov interview) I think you should just go ahead and send it again. Good luck and you're welcome! :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

I think there are postal strikes going on in the UK right now, and this has caused a big backlog of mail to just stack up within the postal system. I assume you mail was used? rather than an independent carrier like FedEx?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

gmj,

Was it you Marm who said that the special delivery part of the Royal Mail is not affected by the strike? If not, my apologies to whoever said that. But if you do re-send the Checklist gmj, that is one option. It doesn't help for things the embassy sends us, like packet 3 or 4, since they use regular mail. But for things you send them, you could use special delivery. Might help a bit.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-07

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-09

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-08

NVC Received: 2009-10-13

NVC Left : 2009-10-16

Consulate Received : 2009-10-19

Packet 3 Received : 2009-11-02

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-11-02

Packet 3 @ Embassy : 2009-11-06 (yay! only one more step, come on interview date!)

Medical : 2009-11-11

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-12-04

Interview Result: Approved!! Yaaaaaaaaay!!

Date K1 Visa Received: 2009-12-09

Date of Us Entry: 2009-12-15

Date of Wedding: 2010-01-16

502e43ccdf.png

gmj,

Was it you Marm who said that the special delivery part of the Royal Mail is not affected by the strike? If not, my apologies to whoever said that. But if you do re-send the Checklist gmj, that is one option. It doesn't help for things the embassy sends us, like packet 3 or 4, since they use regular mail. But for things you send them, you could use special delivery. Might help a bit.

Actually I wrote earlier that Royal Mail Special Delivery IS indeed affected by the strike. I speak from experience as my fiance sent a requested form to the embassy earlier in October/late September via Special Delivery and it still took about a week for it to reach the embassy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Oh, thank you for clearing that up, Marm. I guess special delivery isn't so special after all. :)

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-07

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-09

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-08

NVC Received: 2009-10-13

NVC Left : 2009-10-16

Consulate Received : 2009-10-19

Packet 3 Received : 2009-11-02

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-11-02

Packet 3 @ Embassy : 2009-11-06 (yay! only one more step, come on interview date!)

Medical : 2009-11-11

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-12-04

Interview Result: Approved!! Yaaaaaaaaay!!

Date K1 Visa Received: 2009-12-09

Date of Us Entry: 2009-12-15

Date of Wedding: 2010-01-16

502e43ccdf.png

Timeline

The checklist finally made it there! Now they should have EVERYTHING including the medical. Just for everyone to be aware of...it took from 10/19 to 10/27 to get there. Hopefully I will be posting an interview date soon and fingers crossed it will be in November....

Par for the course that even items sent Special Delivery to the Embassy sit in the mailbox for a while before they are deemed "delivered" on the Royal Mail system -- nothing to worry about, just frustrating as all get out.

This also gives me the opportunity to resurrect this old thread: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=118828

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.