emmieme

Can't get police certificate!!!

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My English fiance lived in Spain for 2 years but never legally registered to live there, therefore, he can not get a police certificate from Spain. Does anyone have any suggestion on how to satisfy an CO in London U.S embassy if me fiance is asked why he doesn't have a police certificate from Spain? Should my fiance write a statement?

Thanks everyone!

As far as I'm aware he will need a Police Cert for that 2 years. I doubt a personal statement won't work. It's a tricky one & I hope you get it sorted.

K1

5/16/08:Received NA01

2/24/09: NA02 APPROVAL... finally, after 9 MONTHS & 8 DAYS!!

5/5/09 : Interview Date APPROVED!!!!

5/8/09: visa received

From NA01 to interview: 12 LONG MONTHS!!

07/23/09: received SSN

08/17/09: Passed Driving test

08/22/09: Married on beautiful Mackinac Island, MI

AOS

08/31/09: Mailed AOS Package

10/20/09: Received AP

10/21/09 Received EAD card

12/7/09 AOS APPROVED!

12/14/09: Green Card arrived in mail. Happy Days!

It's taken 18 months from applying for K1 to receipt of Green Card! Thank God it's over until 12/7/11

Here we go again...

ROC

09/14/11: Mailed I-751 to Vermont

09/19/11: NA01

10/14/11: Biometrics

7/2/12: Approved. New Card Ordered

7/7/12: Green Card received

For a Singapore police certificate I supplied copies of an old passport. Showing I had entered legally, and stayed for a legal amount of time. (In this case 18 months.) There was no problem at all. I was told that any evidence to show I was in the country legally from X-Y would do.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
For a Singapore police certificate I supplied copies of an old passport. Showing I had entered legally, and stayed for a legal amount of time. (In this case 18 months.) There was no problem at all. I was told that any evidence to show I was in the country legally from X-Y would do.

Okay, thank you so much!

I'm confused, though. Did you get the certificate from Singapore or did you take that info to the interview?

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

Hi,

I contacted the police in Singapore. I was really unkeen to get my ex husband to provide records of his employment there. Wanted another way. They said the passport info was enough. So I copied the biographic info, and the stamps on relevant pages. They just wanted evidence I was there. This was an expired passport.

Sent off the copies, plus money and got the poilce certificate back. That went to the embassy.

I did have all my expired passports with me at the interview as evidence of travel, but they were not asked for.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.