nayalamb

interview docs

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline

hi all,

just having brain overload w/ the prospect of an uscis interview. never had one before and i'll have to go alone bc hubby has to watch the kids.

the note w/ the interview letter asks for originals and copies, however... my taxes were sent by electronic fax from the irs to my email... so i printed from home. so is that really an original or do i need to order another set to come by mail? all my bills and bank statements electronic too.

also, the kids birth certs.... they say certified copies... so i don't need to bring originals? just cert. copies and photocopies of that? i sent color copies for the n400.

i just wanna get it straight in my head so i can order whatever may be needed, pack it in my handy dandy binder and just focus on the civics test till december. :wacko:

thanks.

Adjustment of Status

July 1 2006 - Sent EAD & AOS packet

Sept 19 2006 - EAD APPROVED

Sept 22 2006 - AOS APPROVED

Sept 23 2006 - EAD card arrived

Sept 29 2006 - GC arrived!!!

Removal of Conditions

Jul 9 2008 - Filed @ VSC

Feb 25 2009 - Transferred to CSC

June 20 2009 - Card production ordered

NATURALIZATION

Aug 24 2009 - Mailed N-400 priority mail

Aug 26 2009 - rec'd at TX Lockbox

Aug 27 2009 - NOA1 (rec'd 8/31)

Aug 28 2009 - check cashed

Sept 4 2009 - biometrics notice [rec'd Sept 9]

Sept 25 2009 - Biometrics

Oct 17 2009 - Email about file transfer for interview

Oct 21 2009 - Interview Letter Rec'd

Dec 8 2009 - Interview - PASSED!!!!!!

Dec 19 2009 - Oath Letter rec'd

Jan 14 2010 - OATH CEREMONY!!!!

Jan 15 2010 - Passport app.

Jan 21 2010 - Nat. cert. returned

Jan 22 2010 - Passport rec'd

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Nayalamb and Everyone,

Likewise, I have the same "overload" too....I have to go alone inside the interview room and my husband is going to have to watch my son in the waiting room (lol...and hope that he doesn't cause a fuss there). It's good though, that your husband is able to watch your kids (is he going to be in the USCIS office with you too?), so at least you don't have to worry about babysitting that day....I'm sure if your kids are with your husband, they will be ok.

And if you don't mind me asking, how is it that you didn't have an USCIS interview before? Didn't you have interviews for the previous stages of the immigration game? And if you did, how did you deal with such? I'm sure if you had an interview before with the USCIS, then at least you have some experience in dealing with them, so that can help in ways too (lol..it's not like you've never dealt with them before..you know what I mean here..?)

Anyways, I also got the same interview letter like you did, which asks for "originals and copies".

When I submitted my N-400 application, I sent them all of my evidence as photocopies, so I assume they have those on file already for the interview. I will bring the originals, as mentioned int he interview letter, so they can verify those copies, if need be.

But since they have the photocopies already in my file...Do I have to make additional photocopies? It seems like a waste of money, paper, and time to do such, over again, really, especially when they already have such. And added to the fact that I don't know exactly which pages they want photocopies of during the interview...Then why bother doing such again? Lol..I'm sure they have photocopiers at the USCIS offices if they want to make additional copies from the originals. So is it ok if I just bring the originals to the interview, and let them do the photocopying again on the interview date instead? Lol..I've done the photocopies before when I submitted the application..now it's their turn to make the 100+ pages of copies, right? Anyone else out there also just bring the orignals and not make additional photocopies for the interview?

As for your situation, Nayalamb:

Taxes-If I were you, I would probably bring some sort of evidence regarding the fact that you sent your taxes to the irs, as many other people file electronically, and they should be ok, with showing the e-mail version of that. Alternatively, you can ask the irs for tax transcripts, I think, and bring those for the interview. They are free, and the contact information is on your interview letter, as to how to get such from the irs. You should send away for them asap, so that you will have it in time for the interview.

Bills and bank statements-As for the bills and bank statements, perhaps you can request those from the bank and/or utility companies for paper copies, which I'm sure they can give you the back statements from that. If not, just print out what you have, as again, many people have bills and statements electronically, and they should be ok, with showing the e-mail/electronic printed out version of that.

Birth certificates-As for the birth certificates, what I did for my son, was that with my application, I just sent in a black and white photocopy of that. I dare not send the original (lol..as you can see, I don't trust the USCIS, and besides, my son needs it more than they do and it was hard enough just getting one copy of the original...with delays and whatnot....). If they want the certified original, they can see it at the time of the interview, and make as many copies as they want from the original. So in your case, I think as long as you bring the certified original to the interview, they should be ok with that. For example, when I went for my AOS interview, I showed them the original copy of my marriage certificate, and they made a photocopy of that for themselves, no problems...So why can't they do the same for other documents like the birth certificates too?

I agree, like you, I just want to get my head straight in order...pack everything...(lol..I've actually started doing that, put all my info in a folder, ever since I filed the application)...and just study for the test.

So the bottom line that I'm thinking: Just bring the originals to the interview. Let them do the photocopying, and photocopy for themselves whatever they need....No need to have the extra stress about that. I've got nothing to hide...;)

Just relax, breathe, and everything will be ok. And yes, you'll pass...(lol..wish I could take my own advice here...)

Hope this helps. Good luck with your interview, studying, and with the rest of your journey too.

Ant

P.S. Funny, I couldn't help but notice that your interview date was on the same day as my birthday...lol...Too bad that I didn't get that interview date...But on that note..who knows, maybe I'll pass my interview on Nov 18 and then get a birthday oath instead..lol....

hi all,

just having brain overload w/ the prospect of an uscis interview. never had one before and i'll have to go alone bc hubby has to watch the kids.

the note w/ the interview letter asks for originals and copies, however... my taxes were sent by electronic fax from the irs to my email... so i printed from home. so is that really an original or do i need to order another set to come by mail? all my bills and bank statements electronic too.

also, the kids birth certs.... they say certified copies... so i don't need to bring originals? just cert. copies and photocopies of that? i sent color copies for the n400.

i just wanna get it straight in my head so i can order whatever may be needed, pack it in my handy dandy binder and just focus on the civics test till december. :wacko:

thanks.

Edited by Ant+D+A

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Do we need the tax transcripts from the IRS or if we take the Returns that we get from turbo tax... I always submitted the returns we got from Turbo tax and have had no problems..

I-751

1/12/08 - sent I-751 to TSC

2/7/08 - money order cashed

1/24/08 - Transferred to VERMONT

1/26/2008 - NOA

2/23/2008 -Biometrics

12/16/2008 finally Approved

N-400

12/03/08 Eligible to file N400

10/03/09 Mailed N-400

10/07/09 NOA

10/13/09 Check cashed

10/30/09 FP appointment

11/07/09 Case sent to Local office for interview

11/23/2009 Received interview letter with an as of date of 11/18/2009

12/15/2009 Interview scheduled ---Approved

01/06/2010 Oath Ceremony

Timeline

lol. glad i am not the only one in hyper mode!

Ant, my K1 could barely be called an interview. it was a few questions w/ the officer behind the bulletproof window and they looked over everything and said to come back in the afternoon for the visa. my AOS and ROC were both transferred to another center for processing w/o interview. so i haven't had a real sit-down dress-your-best USCIS interview!

i'll call IRS today... since I am near one of their processing centers, it only takes a week to get transcripts (sometimes less). i'll still carry copies of the faxed version just because i am paranoid like that. and i'll call my bank and see about some statements. i very much doubt Comcast will send paper statements so I'll reprint those. i can do a walk-in for the certified birth certificates. even if they don't keep them, i suppose it will come in handy down the line. i guess i'll err on the side of paranoia and just do EVERYTHING under the sun.

there is no way hubby can make the interview. its a tues. morning so my bff will be at work. and my letter stressed that the waiting area has little space. i'd be way too distracted inside thinking they are out there throwing tantrums, spitting up on the floor, spilling cheerios or [gasp] diapers leaking!

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Jul 9 2008 - Filed @ VSC

NATURALIZATION

You have time to order Transcripts from the IRS (they are free) and they come in a couple of weeks, might as well as have them since its just one more thing they can ask for. I'm sure you will be fine, and the interview will be fast and painless (F) At my interview, I had every bank statement and utility bill, insurances etc etc for the last 3 years, and they asked for none of it. Just looked through the IRS transcripts, asked a bit about my husband's job, saw we bought a house together etc. Basically the IO was really happy with the package I had submitted with the N400 app which was a recent bank statement, joint car insurance, tax transcripts for last 3 years, copy of our driver's licenses (showing same address), and HUD statement from purchase of our house. He didn't want to see any more than what I had already sent, and thanked me for putting together such a great package with everything he needed. We don't have children, so I think you have more than enough :D

Edited to add: I had sent in an enormous package of lots of different evidences for removal of conditions, which I saw in the big folder of all my case file on his desk...

Edited by wannabe_texan

AOS: ND - June 5 2006 | RFE - June 15 2006 | FP Notice - June 30 (Rescheduled to Sept 16) | AP ND - August 14 2006| Walk-in FP - Sept 5 (FP cleared next day!) | Interview - Sept 8 2006 (Approved!) | Welcome Letter - Sept 13 | EAD received - Sept 19 (kinda moot since I'm waiting for GC) | GC received - Sept 23 2006 - Woohoo!!

I-751: 06/10/08 Mailed package to VSC direct (per memo instructions) not TSC. The wait begins... | 06/11/08 Package received at VSC (12.12pm) | 06/19/08 Check cashed | 06/20/08 Received NOA1 in the mail - ND is 06/17/08 | 07/10/08 Received Biometrics Appt Letter - ND is 7/7/08 | 07/22/08 Biometrics (had to do ink & paper also...) | 07/22/08 Touched | 07/23/08 Touched | 02/11/09 Transferred to CSC (got email)... | 02/12/09 Touched | 02/20/09 Touched (but no email) | 03/24/09 Approval letter arrives in the mail! Approval date is 3/18/09 from VSC | 04/03/09 Received card, postmarked 3/31 from CSC

N-400: 06/11/09 Mailed to Lewisville Lockbox | 06/12/09 Package received at Lockbox and signed for at 1.31pm | 06/18/09 Check Cashed | 06/19/09 NOA, PD 06/12/09 | 07/06/09 Biometrics letter received, ND is 07/02/09 | 07/24/09 Biometrics appointment | 08/06/09 IL received, ND 08/03/09 | Interview 09/14/09 at 9.30am (approved!) | Oath 10/21/09 | USC

Timeline

thanks wannabe texan.

i wonder if the IO will take offense if i ask for some of that ####### back? its only gonna end up archived or tossed anyway... i am sure there are some nice pix in there. j/k :innocent::whistle:

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Jul 9 2008 - Filed @ VSC

NATURALIZATION

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.