kike

Appointment to Visa

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I would like to know if you are approved for a K1 visa at the time of the interview, How long does the embassy take to send the passport with the visa. I see that some people get it the next say other 2 to 3 weeks after. What is a good average??? Also do they tell you if you are approved that day or do you have to wait for the passport to see if you got the visa???

I would like to know if you are approved for a K1 visa at the time of the interview, How long does the embassy take to send the passport with the visa. I see that some people get it the next say other 2 to 3 weeks after. What is a good average??? Also do they tell you if you are approved that day or do you have to wait for the passport to see if you got the visa???

Ukraine is one of the easiests Embassys to work with and very fast. The Embassy says it can take up to 10 days for the passport delivery via Fedex, we however, got it in 2 days, but we were in Kiev. So it really depends on your fiancee's address in Ukraine. If she does live in Kiev, she can pick it up herself at the Fedex office around 2 to 3 days after the interview, NOT weeks..

Good luck

Joe.

K1

09/11/08 - I-129F Sent
09/16/08 - I-129F NOA1
02/06/09 - I-129F NOA2
02/13/09 - NVC Received
04/06/09 - NVC Left
04/09/09 - Embassy Received
05/18/09 - Interview Passed/Visa Approved
05/21/09 - Visa Received (picked up at Fedex in Kiev)
05/28/09 - Entered U.S. via JFK
05/29/09 - Applied for SS#
06/08/09 - SS# Received in the mail
06/12/09 - Applied for a Marriage License
06/19/09 - Wedding Day
07/03/09 - SS# under new name received in the mail

AOS/EAD/AP
07/27/09 - I-485, I-765 & I-131 Sent
07/31/09 - Package arrived in Chicago
08/03/09 - NOA for all 3 forms
08/27/09 - Case transferred to CSC
09/02/09 - Biometrics appointment - Done
09/03/09 - EAD touched
09/04/09 - AOS touched
09/14/09 - AP & EAD approved - Card Ordered
09/18/09 - AP Received in the mail
09/21/09 - EAD Card received in the mail
09/25/09 - AOS Approved
09/29/09 - Green Card Sent
10/02/09 - Green Card Received.
12/18/09 - Got my Drivers License.

ROC
06/27/11 - I-751 Sent.
07/01/11 - NOA.
08/15/11- Biometrics appointment.
03/17/12- ROC Approved - No Interview.

Naturalization
01/21/15 - N-400 Sent

04/15/15 - Became a US Citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

They will tell you if you are approved. You will get a card to take to the Fedex window and arrange delivery of the passport/visa. I have not seen anyone get it the next day. They will TELL you "7-10 days" If you choose to pick it up at the Fedex office in Kiev it is usually available there in 2-3 business days. If you choose to have it delivered it could take 3-6 days. Ours was approved on a Thursday and delivered to our flat in Donetsk on Monday. Our son's was approved also on a Thursday (K-2 to follow) and delivered to Donetsk on the next Tuesday.

If you will be around Kiev, choose to pick it up at Fedex, that is the fastest way.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

[ So it really depends on your fiancee's address in Ukraine. If she does live in Kiev, she can pick it up herself at the Fedex office around 2 to 3 days after the interview, NOT weeks..

Good luck

Joe.

Our experience as well. Two or three days if you stay on in Kiev. We were flying back straight from there anyway though, so it made sense for us to wait.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline

Our interview was Wednesday (21 Nov) morning at 0930. A verbal approval and pink slip were given. Arrangements were made to pick up the visa at FedEx. They called today (22 Nov), saying it was available. We expected Monday (26 Nov) at the earliest. Apparently, we are an exception to the rule.

Cheers!

07 Dec 08 - We met.

24 May 09 - We were engaged.

04 Jun 09 - Mailed I-129F to CSC.

15 Jun 09 - NOA 1. Letter in mailbox.

22 Sept 09 - NOA 2. Letter in mailbox.

21 Oct 09 - Interview, approved.

26 Oct 09 - Visa picked up at FedEx.

1 Nov 09 - US entry.

7 Nov 09 - Wedding day.

3 Dec 09 - Mailed AOS package.

9 Dec 09 - NOA 1 for AOS, EAD, AP.

5 Jan 10 - Biometrics appointment.

5 Feb 10 - Card production ordered.

embassy question, moving to Embassy and Consulate Discussion...

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Our interview was Wednesday (21 Nov) morning at 0930. A verbal approval and pink slip were given. Arrangements were made to pick up the visa at FedEx. They called today (22 Nov), saying it was available. We expected Monday (26 Nov) at the earliest. Apparently, we are an exception to the rule.

Cheers!

Wow!

Not only did you get it in one day, Fedex ACTUALLY called??????? If this keeps up, Ukraine will lose all of its charm! :lol:

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Cheers!

Wow!

Not only did you get it in one day, Fedex ACTUALLY called??????? If this keeps up, Ukraine will lose all of its charm! :lol:

Can you believe it?

I remember making a post when we first signed up here at VJ. Saying that we were hoping to be together in November and what an outside chance that was. Amazing, we're getting to have all of November together. ;)

07 Dec 08 - We met.

24 May 09 - We were engaged.

04 Jun 09 - Mailed I-129F to CSC.

15 Jun 09 - NOA 1. Letter in mailbox.

22 Sept 09 - NOA 2. Letter in mailbox.

21 Oct 09 - Interview, approved.

26 Oct 09 - Visa picked up at FedEx.

1 Nov 09 - US entry.

7 Nov 09 - Wedding day.

3 Dec 09 - Mailed AOS package.

9 Dec 09 - NOA 1 for AOS, EAD, AP.

5 Jan 10 - Biometrics appointment.

5 Feb 10 - Card production ordered.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.