chadlaure

GOOD LUCK TO JULY09BRIDE TOMORROW!

43 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats July!! That's great!

Although I must ask... did they even ask for the I-693? Or any relationship evidence?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Congrats July!! That's great!

Although I must ask... did they even ask for the I-693? Or any relationship evidence?

Yes, he asked for the medical form... not by number, but what I gave him (the 693) is what he wanted. He went through it page by page and uh-hummmed and mm-hmmmed at each and every single page (all 5 of 'em).

As for the evidence of the relationship, he didn't ask for a SINGLE thing. But then again, perhaps he saw our 2 bags and decided against it. I'm not sure.

He literally asked for 3 things... 1- Duncan's passport, 2- a certified version of our marriage license (which we got back - he compared the original to the copy in the file), and 3- the 693. We were in & out in 7-10 minutes. AND that includes him walking away to get the "seal" stamp for the I-551 for the passport.

I think we got off easy. Duncan says he wouldn't have done ANYTHING differently. Got dressed up. Prepared for a full-on inquisition of our relationship... duplicates and originals of birth certificates, social security cards, wedding cards, wedding guest book, wedding gift list, wedding program, rehearsal dinner invites, photo albums (wedding and honeymoon), photos from other activities together (Toronto at the CN Tower from the medical back in March to D's "Welcome to the USA" ice cream cake to concerts), EVERYTHING we could think of to prove our relationship. Not one piece was asked for. But, had we not had it all, I'm sure we would have been asked for it. ;)

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi July09Bride,

Congrats on your husband being approved for the AOS and thanks for sharing that experience about it here on VJ... :dance:

Lol..better safe than sorry to be overly prepared than not prepared. Funny, the same thing happened to me too, when I brought a ton of stuff for my AOS interview, but they didn't want to see most of it (though they did like the photos..lol..). Oh well...at least I brought it, just like you did..

But either way, glad that it worked out for the both of you with no problems, and a quick and speedy approval. He should get is green card in the mail in 1-2 weeks or so, so be on the lookout for that too.

Good luck with the rest of your immigration journeys too. And yes, don't forget about the I-751 in 2 years (lol..start gathering and keeping the paperwork now for that).

Ant

Well. . . . .

He's APPROVED!!! :dance:

Our interview was for 11am, and we arrived at 10:20 (b/c we were expecting construction traffic & freeway closures - there was NONE!). Anyway, we got there and checked in. We had a bag of photo albums (3 - wedding, honeymoon, and extras for USCIS to keep) and a bag with our binder along with wedding guestbook, some cards, and some other items. We finally get called at 11:20ish, and go back with William Van Erp (our Adjudication Officer).

He asked to see Duncan's passport (took out the K1 and put in our 1.5" thick file folder) and an original of our marriage certificate. I out my passport out there, too, but he never touched it, other than to push it aside. He asked the "standard" questions... terrorist, communist, etc. all to which Duncan answered "No."

With that, he said, "Mr. Harmsworth, you are now a Permanent Resident of the US. Congratulations." He had previously asked Duncan if Duncan was planning on travelling outside the US, and Duncan said no to that at the beginning. Just as we were about to leave, and he was about to give Duncan back his passport, I asked about the 551 stamp (thanks, Carla for that!!!). Mr. Van Erp said they no longer issue the stamp and shared that was why he asked if Duncan was planning on travelling. I mentioned Duncan's great-aunt, and William said well, I can go ahead and stamp your passport, if you think you might need it. I kind of insisted on it, just in case. And, voila'! Duncan got the stamp!

So, the interview took a whole 8-10 minutes... AT MOST! Duncan wore a dress shirt and tie (no jacket) and I wore a skirt and sweater. Not many others were dressed up, so, it was nice to see that we were. :)

THEN... we went and got his driver's license, I got my name changed so I got my driver's license too, and finally went to the SSA office and got his "Work Authorization" removed.

So, it is steak, mashed potatoes, garlic bread, and our favorite wine for dinner. YEA!!!! We're done until 2011!!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

Edited by Ant+D+A

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Timeline
Hi July09Bride,

Congrats on your husband being approved for the AOS and thanks for sharing that experience about it here on VJ... :dance:

Lol..better safe than sorry to be overly prepared than not prepared. Funny, the same thing happened to me too, when I brought a ton of stuff for my AOS interview, but they didn't want to see most of it (though they did like the photos..lol..). Oh well...at least I brought it, just like you did..

But either way, glad that it worked out for the both of you with no problems, and a quick and speedy approval. He should get is green card in the mail in 1-2 weeks or so, so be on the lookout for that too.

Good luck with the rest of your immigration journeys too. And yes, don't forget about the I-751 in 2 years (lol..start gathering and keeping the paperwork now for that).

Ant

Well. . . . .

He's APPROVED!!! :dance:

Our interview was for 11am, and we arrived at 10:20 (b/c we were expecting construction traffic & freeway closures - there was NONE!). Anyway, we got there and checked in. We had a bag of photo albums (3 - wedding, honeymoon, and extras for USCIS to keep) and a bag with our binder along with wedding guestbook, some cards, and some other items. We finally get called at 11:20ish, and go back with William Van Erp (our Adjudication Officer).

He asked to see Duncan's passport (took out the K1 and put in our 1.5" thick file folder) and an original of our marriage certificate. I out my passport out there, too, but he never touched it, other than to push it aside. He asked the "standard" questions... terrorist, communist, etc. all to which Duncan answered "No."

With that, he said, "Mr. Harmsworth, you are now a Permanent Resident of the US. Congratulations." He had previously asked Duncan if Duncan was planning on travelling outside the US, and Duncan said no to that at the beginning. Just as we were about to leave, and he was about to give Duncan back his passport, I asked about the 551 stamp (thanks, Carla for that!!!). Mr. Van Erp said they no longer issue the stamp and shared that was why he asked if Duncan was planning on travelling. I mentioned Duncan's great-aunt, and William said well, I can go ahead and stamp your passport, if you think you might need it. I kind of insisted on it, just in case. And, voila'! Duncan got the stamp!

So, the interview took a whole 8-10 minutes... AT MOST! Duncan wore a dress shirt and tie (no jacket) and I wore a skirt and sweater. Not many others were dressed up, so, it was nice to see that we were. :)

THEN... we went and got his driver's license, I got my name changed so I got my driver's license too, and finally went to the SSA office and got his "Work Authorization" removed.

So, it is steak, mashed potatoes, garlic bread, and our favorite wine for dinner. YEA!!!! We're done until 2011!!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

Okay, this question is partially in jest and partially serious... does having a baby together show added "validity" to the relationship? I mean, we're already planning to have a baby next year (or early 2011). So, as we move along this continuum towards citizenship (for him), we continue to collect photos, and such items, right? I suppose I should just take a peek at the thread for those removing conditions... just to get an idea of what we're up for in 2 years!

Event Date

ROC

9/28/11 - Check cashed

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Congratulations JulyBride and Duncan!! No more USCIS for 2 years! :dance:

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Timeline

Thanks!

Am I sick and wrong if I start a folder/notebook NOW for 2 years from now for the ROC???!!! LOL Bad thing is, I'll probably forget about it and then come back in ayear or so and wonder what the folder/notebook was for..... :blink:

Event Date

ROC

9/28/11 - Check cashed

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Thanks!

Am I sick and wrong if I start a folder/notebook NOW for 2 years from now for the ROC???!!! LOL Bad thing is, I'll probably forget about it and then come back in ayear or so and wonder what the folder/notebook was for..... :blink:

Absolutely not! It's better than scrambling! Probably won't have an interview for ROC, but still. Thats what I plan on doing! I am already thinking of what to prepare for a possible GC interview!

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Hi July09Bride,

Yes, a child together definitely adds validity to a relationship! It's a "joint responsiblity" between a couple that lasts forever! Lol..better than any old darn tax return or any other paper form of evidence, in my opinion...lol....

Ok, serisouly though, there is one piece of advice I would like to give you about having a child: Don't have a child just for immigration's sake! Have a child because you and your husband want to, out of love, for each other and for your future children! And yes, do talk this over with your spouse before deciding to have such. Having a child is a big responsiblity, and it's not just some piece of paperwork to satisfy some immigration requirement. Oh and remember too, children don't come as planned..lol...they can come at any time....with lots of surprises in parenthood too....Either way, good luck on your baby/children endeavours. And may you and your family be blessed with children, indeed!

As for gathering evidence...Keep it up! And no you're not wrong for starting a folder now for such. Start now, when all the information is fresh in your head and have done such already for the AOS. And when the time is ready, you'll definitely be ready for such when you have to deal with immigration again for the I-751 and N-400. Lol..Sure, you can peak ahead here on VJ, but don't overwhelm yourself with such now. Instead, just focus on gathering similar stuff as you did before, look at the info later, and in the meantime enjoy being free from the USCIS for the next 2 years....

Hope this helps too. Good luck with your immigration and life journeys too.

Ant

Okay, this question is partially in jest and partially serious... does having a baby together show added "validity" to the relationship? I mean, we're already planning to have a baby next year (or early 2011). So, as we move along this continuum towards citizenship (for him), we continue to collect photos, and such items, right? I suppose I should just take a peek at the thread for those removing conditions... just to get an idea of what we're up for in 2 years!

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Timeline
Hi July09Bride,

Yes, a child together definitely adds validity to a relationship! It's a "joint responsiblity" between a couple that lasts forever! Lol..better than any old darn tax return or any other paper form of evidence, in my opinion...lol....

Ok, serisouly though, there is one piece of advice I would like to give you about having a child: Don't have a child just for immigration's sake! Have a child because you and your husband want to, out of love, for each other and for your future children! And yes, do talk this over with your spouse before deciding to have such. Having a child is a big responsiblity, and it's not just some piece of paperwork to satisfy some immigration requirement. Oh and remember too, children don't come as planned..lol...they can come at any time....with lots of surprises in parenthood too....Either way, good luck on your baby/children endeavours. And may you and your family be blessed with children, indeed!

As for gathering evidence...Keep it up! And no you're not wrong for starting a folder now for such. Start now, when all the information is fresh in your head and have done such already for the AOS. And when the time is ready, you'll definitely be ready for such when you have to deal with immigration again for the I-751 and N-400. Lol..Sure, you can peak ahead here on VJ, but don't overwhelm yourself with such now. Instead, just focus on gathering similar stuff as you did before, look at the info later, and in the meantime enjoy being free from the USCIS for the next 2 years....

Hope this helps too. Good luck with your immigration and life journeys too.

Ant

Ant,

We've been together for almost 10 years now and have wanted a baby together because of our love, wanting to share the love with another that we have created together. In fact, because of my age, if something goes wrong, we've already decided that everything happens for a reason. So, if things go wrong and for some reason we can't have a child, we will either try the adoption route or just majorly dote on my nieces and nephews -- for as hard as that would be on me, I would like my own child. So, if a baby does enter our world, it would be because we want one and we would do it soon because of my age (confession... I'm 38 and will be 39 next August). So, the speed of having a child would not be immigration, it would be health purposes. I'm not getting younger and want to do all I can to try to have my own child. :)

Thanks for all the great advice!

Krista

Event Date

ROC

9/28/11 - Check cashed

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

EEEE Duncan and Krista want to have a baby! I'm excited!! :lol:

Being 22 and 24 and still living in my in laws house Bill and I decided to wait maybe 3-4 years... But I most definitely want a little tot or two :)

But thanks for the advice! I was secretly hoping you'd say he didn't want the I-693, thus giving me an excuse not to get it done. But... that wouldn't be smart, I know. :(

Timeline
EEEE Duncan and Krista want to have a baby! I'm excited!! :lol:

Being 22 and 24 and still living in my in laws house Bill and I decided to wait maybe 3-4 years... But I most definitely want a little tot or two :)

But thanks for the advice! I was secretly hoping you'd say he didn't want the I-693, thus giving me an excuse not to get it done. But... that wouldn't be smart, I know. :(

Yeah, well, IF there's a little one, I'm shooting for end of April 2011... you know the 9 months incubation time, time for the body to get adjusted for altering medications (or rather, lack thereof)... so, who knows! I'll still be around here to p-rovide support and information and if anything happens, at any time, I promise you'll all find out. :)

Event Date

ROC

9/28/11 - Check cashed

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Hi July09Bride,

That's great that you've been together for so many years and want a child for the right reasons...:)

I wish a lot more people would think like that, before they have children...

Understandable too, about things not getting any younger, so yeah, you would want to try for such, as soon as possible, despite the odds. Don't give up!

Likewise, my husband and I thought the same way, as we wern't getting any younger either (especially my husband who is a lot older...)

So despite the odds on our end, and after miscarriages and other difficulties along the way...We finally had our little one.....

It's good that you would consider adoption too, as so many children need families and homes to live in as well.

So...All the best in your endeavours for children...May you and your husband be blessed with such in your lives, in all ways possible!...... :innocent:

Ant (Imagining baby Duncans and Kristas running around...how cute!...)

Ant,

We've been together for almost 10 years now and have wanted a baby together because of our love, wanting to share the love with another that we have created together. In fact, because of my age, if something goes wrong, we've already decided that everything happens for a reason. So, if things go wrong and for some reason we can't have a child, we will either try the adoption route or just majorly dote on my nieces and nephews -- for as hard as that would be on me, I would like my own child. So, if a baby does enter our world, it would be because we want one and we would do it soon because of my age (confession... I'm 38 and will be 39 next August). So, the speed of having a child would not be immigration, it would be health purposes. I'm not getting younger and want to do all I can to try to have my own child. :)

Thanks for all the great advice!

Krista

Edited by Ant+D+A

Timeline
Hi July09Bride,

That's great that you've been together for so many years and want a child for the right reasons...:)

I wish a lot more people would think like that, before they have children...

Understandable too, about things not getting any younger, so yeah, you would want to try for such, as soon as possible, despite the odds. Don't give up!

Likewise, my husband and I thought the same way, as we wern't getting any younger either (especially my husband who is a lot older...)

So despite the odds on our end, and after miscarriages and other difficulties along the way...We finally had our little one.....

It's good that you would consider adoption too, as so many children need families and homes to live in as well.

So...All the best in your endeavours for children...May you and your husband be blessed with such in your lives, in all ways possible!...... :innocent:

Ant (Imagining baby Duncans and Kristas running around...how cute!...)

Let's hope for little Kristas... lolol :innocent:

Event Date

ROC

9/28/11 - Check cashed

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.