wreath

what need to be translated

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Any document that is currently in VEITNAMESE. Including Birth Certificate, Household Registration, Police Certificate, etc. Even letters, chat logs, etc.

Please enter a timeline so people can provide more accurate answers when you post questions.... :time:

Edited by b_weeks

Filed Removal of Conditions: 11/05/10

Rec'd NOA1: 11/08/10

Biometrics: 12/22/10

10 YR Greencard: 03/03/11 APPROVED

10 YR Greencard Rec'd: 03/08/11 RECEIVED

Filed: Timeline

Any document that is currently in VEITNAMESE. Including Birth Certificate, Household Registration, Police Certificate, etc. Even letters, chat logs, etc.

Please enter a timeline so people can provide more accurate answers when you post questions.... :time:

[/quo thanks i dont have a time line as we havent started the process yet.

Timeline

thanks i dont have a time line as we havent started the process yet.

For a while before I had filed I had my signature set to "Please don't pester me about my timeline. I haven't filed yet! :blush:

Apologies for b_weeks if your fiancee isn't Vietnamese. Those of us with fiancee's in Vietnam have more or less taken over this sub-forum. :P

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Timeline

For a while before I had filed I had my signature set to "Please don't pester me about my timeline. I haven't filed yet! :blush:

Apologies for b_weeks if your fiancee isn't Vietnamese. Those of us with fiancee's in Vietnam have more or less taken over this sub-forum. :P

my fiancee just happens to be vietnamese so everything is great. thanks very much

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

So at this moment, you guys ARE NOT married? Do you plan on getting married before you file??

If you plan on NOT getting married --> K1 is your only option.

This is a fiancee visa -- lots more costs and paperwork associated with this type of visa

If you DO plan on getting married --> You can pick between CR-1 or K3.

CR-1 is spouse visa, K3 is also a spouse visa, but it lets your spouse come over while you're waiting on the spouse application. CR-1 is less cost, less paperwork and your spouse gets greencard right away. With a K3 you file the I-130 (spouse visa application) and then the I-129f (finacee visa application).

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

[*]12-xx-2007 - 1st Trip (6wks) & Met him halfway around the world

[*]03-xx-2008 - Got engaged - two people on opposite sides of the world

[*]05-xx-2008 - 2nd Trip (2wks) - Engagement/Marriage/Consummation

[*]06-12-2008 - Filed I-130 (CR-1) with Vermont Service Center

[*]12-xx-2008 - 3rd Trip (4wks)

[*]06-05-2009 - Interview at 9:00am at HCMC Consulate (result: blue)

[*]07-08-2009 - Submitted RFE: Beneficiary's Relatives & Evidence of Relationship

[*]08-xx-2009 - 4th Trip (4wks)

[*]10-07-2009 - AP 91 days - Result: APPROVED!!

[*]10-31-2009 - POE: Detroit, MI

[*]11-18-2009 - Social Security Card

[*]11-20-2009 - Green Card

[*]01-21-2010 - Driver's License

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]02/07/2011 - Renew Vietnam Passport

[*]07/30/2011 - Process of Removing Conditions Begins

[*]09/25/2011 - Date of I-751

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

[*]10/19/2011 - Biometrics

Timeline

No apologies needed. My fiance was Vietnamese, but now she is my WIFE.... :P :P :P We are going back to Vietnam in February 2010 for TET.

Filed Removal of Conditions: 11/05/10

Rec'd NOA1: 11/08/10

Biometrics: 12/22/10

10 YR Greencard: 03/03/11 APPROVED

10 YR Greencard Rec'd: 03/08/11 RECEIVED

If this is for the HCM Consulate, none of these documents need to be translated if they are in either English or Vietnamese. Here is an excerpt from Packet 3 instructions:

"Step 2: While waiting for interview to be scheduled, applicants should prepare the following documents

(copy and original). All documents not in English or Vietnamese must be accompanied by certified

translation, which include a statement by the translator stating “Translation is accurate” and “Translator is

competent to translate”. We will return the original documents after the interview."

You will ultimately need her birth certificate in English for AOS so get that done in her home country inexpensively.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.