sharo

Please help me work out I-864

2 posts in this topic

I thought I had our I-864s sorted out and everyone involved knew what was going on. Then I posted a question on a different forum and am now completely confused and unable to get to sleep for thinking about it. So here's the deal (sorry if this gets a little long)

I am a UKC my husband and 2 kids are all USC's. Being my petitioner DH automatically fills out a I-864 for me right? Since his employment will not continue after we move to the US we will then need a co-sponsor.

My FIL has agreed to this and my MIL has agreed to add her income to my FIL's I-864 using the form I-864A for household member.

I'm trying to help my FIL fill out his form so these questions are on his behalf.

Help me work out the household size.

There is MIL & FIL and me as the intending immigrant = 3. Then since my in-laws claimed my SIL's 5 kids as dependents on there most recent tax return they have to include the 5 kids as independent kids on line d right? =8

Since we are planning on living with my in-laws starting out, am I right in assuming that my husband and 2 kids get added to the number of household members? If this is the case do the kids also get added to line d and my husband added to line e?

TIA

Sharon

Applying for visa second time around. Originally moved to US 2002 on a K1 visa. Married Aug 2002 lived there 6 years then moved back to the UK with USC husband and kids. However, we're now looking at moving back, so we're doing the whole visa thing AGAIN.

July 20, 2009 - Mailed I-130 - The waiting begins!!

July 24, 2009 - File date

July 27, 2009 - Credit card charged

Aug 8, 2009 - Email petition receipt

Aug 20, 2009 - I-130 approved

Aug 24, 2009 - Mailed I-407 Abandonment of LPR status

Aug 27, 2009 - Packet 3 Received

Sep 7, 2009 - Mailed DS-230I

Oct 5, 2009 - Medical

Oct 12, 2009 - Mailed DS-2001

Nov 6, 2009 - Received Packet 4/Interview date

**Visa approved Nov 30**

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.