LaurelLu

Any Turkish/US couples apply for an AOS?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

My husband and I met in the US while we were going to grad school in San Francisco (he was here on a student visa, I'm a USC). After graduating, he applied for and was granted OPT. We had our civil ceremony in April, and applied for his AOS on September 3rd, 2009, right before his OPT expired.

He had his biometrics apt last Friday. I'm just wondering how long it usually takes for couples in our situation to get the working permit? Anyone have first hand experience with this?

Veli & Laurel

Married September 20th, 2009

"A love that crossed the ocean"

www.laurelandveli.com

Veli & Laurel's timeline:

12-31-2004 Veli comes to US on F-1, attends language school in Chicago, IL

09-10-2005 Veli is accepted into the Masters program at AAU

01-25-2006 Veli & Laurel meet in class, San Francisco, CA

08-09-2006 Veli & Laurel Officially became a couple

05-26-2008 Graduation from grad school

09-05-2008 Veli applies for and is approved for OPT

09-06-2008 Veli starts work

11-29-2008 Veli & Laurel move in together

02-09-2009 Veli & Laurel get engaged!

04-14-2009 Civil Ceremony at San Francisco's City Hall

08-25-2009 Applied for AOS (I-330, 1-465, I-765)

09-01-2009 AOS package recieved

09-15-2009 Biometrics Appointment recieved

09-20-2009 Our Beautiful Vineyard Wedding in Glen Ellen, CA

09-25-2009 RFE recieved

09-29-2009 Respond to RFE

10-09-2009 Biometrics Appointment

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
My husband and I met in the US while we were going to grad school in San Francisco (he was here on a student visa, I'm a USC). After graduating, he applied for and was granted OPT. We had our civil ceremony in April, and applied for his AOS on September 3rd, 2009, right before his OPT expired.

He had his biometrics apt last Friday. I'm just wondering how long it usually takes for couples in our situation to get the working permit? Anyone have first hand experience with this?

Hi, we are still waiting for our K1 visa, so can't help you with this.. but I know there are many people on here who can give you great info. Have you found the Turkish Forum yet? I see you just joined VJ, so you may not have found it yet.. took me a while.

Go to the regional discussions ( Europe and Eurasia) and there is a forum just for Turkish couples. It's pinned at the top of the page, so easy to find. There are many great people there.

Welcome!!

02/23/08 - Met in Turkey
07/09/08 - Denial of Visitor Visa to U.S.A.
06/04/09 - 2nd Denial of Visitor Visa to U.S.A.

09/22/09 - I-129F Sent
09/24/2009 - NOA1
10/19/2009 - NOA2

INTERVIEW DATE - February 23, 2010 - also the two year anniversary of the day we met smile.png

03/30/2010 - Married

04/29/2010 - Mailed AOS Packet
07/14/2010 - AOS Approved!
07/24/2010 - Green Card in Hand!

04/26/2012 - Mailed ROC Packet
01/03/2012- ROC Approved

01/10/2013 - 10 year Green Card in Hand

04/14/2102 - Mailed N400 Packet

05/13/2013 - Biometrics
08/19/2013 - Citizenship interview

09/18/2013 - Oath Cermony.

It's finally all over! He's a citizen :)

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello Laure and Veli,

I visited your website, Congratulations to you both on your wedding. Your website is wonderful by the way!

Sorry I can't help with your question as we had tons of problems with the EAD process. See time line below.

July 20, 2005 Sent in AOS & EAD paperwork...Sent UPS over night

December 1, 2005. EAD received

Not many Turkish couples that I know of already are here in the states. I think your question would be better answered in the AOS forum.

I wish you all the best.

Debbie

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.