Theglassguy

Okay going to have interview soon what do i need?

18 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Our Interview is In kiev and wondering if any other self employeed men have had interviews? I know about last years TAXs and I have Bank statements, Do they need then to be Noterized?? And what are some helpfull hints on stuff they may look at?

Im leaving in 9 days to be with my Baby and wait with her untell interview. So i would like to have every thing before I leave the states.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Our Interview is In kiev and wondering if any other self employeed men have had interviews? I know about last years TAXs and I have Bank statements, Do they need then to be Noterized?? And what are some helpfull hints on stuff they may look at?

Im leaving in 9 days to be with my Baby and wait with her untell interview. So i would like to have every thing before I leave the states.

when I did the K-1 and first K-2 in Kiev my previous year's tax return was self employed. I gave the tax return, bank letter to cover that year. They glanced at it and detached it, handed it back to me and kept only the I-134. It is possible he looked at line 22 to see total income, he had it no longer to look at anything else. Nothing was notarized EXCEPT the I-134 and that is no longer required.

I think you are fine. If you can provide reasonable documentation of a current income meeting the guidelines you will not have a problem.

For us they took all the required forms and documents, looked at them. Glanced at the financial support documents (real quick glance) and didn't even care to see the evidence of ongoing realtionship except for four photos and then asked -0- questions. Just daid the visa was approved.

I am not telling you to go lightly...DO NOT go lightly, take eberything you have, then take some more. What I am telling you is prepare for the worst. It will likely be anti-climatic. Alla's response as we walked out was "I worried for THAT?"

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

when I did the K-1 and first K-2 in Kiev my previous year's tax return was self employed. I gave the tax return, bank letter to cover that year. They glanced at it and detached it, handed it back to me and kept only the I-134. It is possible he looked at line 22 to see total income, he had it no longer to look at anything else. Nothing was notarized EXCEPT the I-134 and that is no longer required.

I think you are fine. If you can provide reasonable documentation of a current income meeting the guidelines you will not have a problem.

For us they took all the required forms and documents, looked at them. Glanced at the financial support documents (real quick glance) and didn't even care to see the evidence of ongoing realtionship except for four photos and then asked -0- questions. Just daid the visa was approved.

I am not telling you to go lightly...DO NOT go lightly, take eberything you have, then take some more. What I am telling you is prepare for the worst. It will likely be anti-climatic. Alla's response as we walked out was "I worried for THAT?"

Okay for a family of 4 what do I need to show as net income??

Timeline

Okay on 22 it says my total income is 25,296. but on line 37. its say adjusted gross income 23,189

my total gross for the year was 75,000

So should I get some one to back me on support??

Timeline

Okay for a family of 4 what do I need to show as net income??

Check the guides listed her for the I-864P I think it is currently about $27,000 per year or thereabouts.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Okay on 22 it says my total income is 25,296. but on line 37. its say adjusted gross income 23,189

I can't say that yet. Consider the following...

Your total GROSS for the year 2008 is NOT $75,000, it is $25,296 and that is not enough for a family of four. They will not use the gross business revenue, they use the GROSS personal income, line 22. Good thing last years tax return really doesn't matter, huh?

They DO NOT qualify you on last years income for this years requirements, they quaify you on CURRENT income. When you answer that question..."I derive and income of...." what is it CURRENTLY...today? What can you document? The best way for a self employed person to document this is by bank deposits IN THE LAST 12 MONTHS. What are your bank deposits to your PERSONAL account in the LAST 12 MONTHS? A bank letter is better than bank statements.

AT NO TIME are they interested in business revenue, except your schedule C and/or 1099s must be attached for showing source of income. You can use the amount deposited in your personal bank account in the last 12 months as your "current" income. OR you can take your personal income, year to date, divide by 9.5 (months so far this year) and multiply the result x 12. Which looks better? Use that one as your stated current income, attach your documents (bank letter or statements) to prove it.

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Im not INC, So can i just show my Business account?? I pay all my bills out of this account. And I have taken over another business and shows me making about 3 times what I made last year. This year Ill make about 80,000 with owning this new company?

So I can go get a bank letter showing my last 12 deposits? And then back it up with a profit and loss for my business??

Your total GROSS for the year 2008 is NOT $75,000, it is $25,296 and that is not enough for a family of four. They will not use the gross business revenue, they use the GROSS personal income, line 22. Good thing last years tax return really doesn't matter, huh?

They DO NOT qualify you on last years income for this years requirements, they quaify you on CURRENT income. When you answer that question..."I derive and income of...." what is it CURRENTLY...today? What can you document? The best way for a self employed person to document this is by bank deposits IN THE LAST 12 MONTHS. What are your bank deposits to your PERSONAL account in the LAST 12 MONTHS? A bank letter is better than bank statements.

AT NO TIME are they interested in business revenue, except your schedule C and/or 1099s must be attached for showing source of income. You can use the amount deposited in your personal bank account in the last 12 months as your "current" income. OR you can take your personal income, year to date, divide by 9.5 (months so far this year) and multiply the result x 12. Which looks better? Use that one as your stated current income, attach your documents (bank letter or statements) to prove it.

Im not INC, So can i just show my Business account?? I pay all my bills out of this account. And I have taken over another business and shows me making about 3 times what I made last year. This year Ill make about 80,000 with owning this new company?

So I can go get a bank letter showing my last 12 deposits? And then back it up with a profit and loss for my business??

Timeline

Doesn't matter if you are INC or not. They DO NOT look at business accounts. If youa re paying your bills from this account (good way to save taxes) then it is not income to YOU it is income to the business and they are business bills (paying personal bills from a busienss account is a gross violation of tax law)

If you deducted your income as business expenses in order to avoid selfr employment tax (you did) then you have shot yourself in the foot.

AGAIN, last year's tax return DOES NOT MATTER and it is this years income (current) that will be regarded as qualifying you or not. IF you have been paying your expenses directly outof the business account and therefore redcuing deposits to your personal account, you have saved money on taxes and shot yourself in the foot for the interview and AOS.

They WILL NOT consider business account information.

If you cannot demonstrate adequate PERSONAL income for the interview, you need a co-sponsor. This topic has been covered here numerous times and how self employment and tax procedures can affect this.

Yes, you can include a P&L and they will consider the P.

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

Timeline

I have a personal account and pay bills from it also. I understand how this works. I have alwas had my taxes done and did not take out my personal bills, I just only deducted what my quick books said my company has done and then that was my income. I get what you are saying.I have money put in my personal account every month so it may add up to what i need. If Now I have a co-sponser.

So you are saying a they may not let us have a Visa with a Co_ sponser?

Timeline
Okay I add what I put in the bank over the last 9 months or 6 months and X that by 12??

I added my first month x 12 and It would show over 59,000 for the year?? Did I do that right??

Timeline

Okay do I add my personal savings account too?? Because I have added the last 9 months in my personal and Im 27'178.27 to date this year. and this year I have put over 8694.50 in savings.

So I think Ill be okay what do you think.Even with this Im all ready above what I showed last year.

Timeline

I took the last 9 months like you said divided it by 9 and I came up with 3019.80 per month. I added my savings for the year and I came up with a grand total of 30198.07. And for saving that gives me 11'592.66 for the end of the year.

So I think Im okay. I can back this up with letter from the bank. So that would be all I need. So what do you think my friend?

Thank you for your help. You saved me alot of headack!!

Timeline
I took the last 9 months like you said divided it by 9 and I came up with 3019.80 per month. I added my savings for the year and I came up with a grand total of 30198.07. And for saving that gives me 11'592.66 for the end of the year.

So I think Im okay. I can back this up with letter from the bank. So that would be all I need. So what do you think my friend?

Thank you for your help. You saved me alot of headack!!

:thumbs:

You would add together ALL money deposited in persoanl accounts for 9 months. Divide by 9 for a monthly avaerage. Multiply by 12 for a projected annual income which is supported by documents. State that as your current annual income on the I-134. Back it up with a bank letter showing deposits for last 12 months which should be roughly the same. You are good to go.

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.