wratran

HCM medical

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

We are getting ready for package 4 in HCM.

1) Do we have a choice between a couple of places for medical exam?....or we will be assigned to a specific hospital?

2) if we do have a choice...which one do VJ member recomend? we are looking for the one that will give you the result the fastest...

3) is there a way to do a prelim exam somewhere else just to make sure the medical exam will pass?

Linh & Ngan

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

There are two options

1. Cho Ray

2. International something or other...

Either one is fine to go to - my husband went to Cho Ray.

You can do prelim if you want...but they don't count and you will have to go through the complete exam at one of the two places listed above...(good idea in case you have TB or some other disease that will disallow you from entering the US--but it's kinda late b/c if you were going to do this, you probably should have had it done before you applied...)

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

[*]12-xx-2007 - 1st Trip (6wks) & Met him halfway around the world

[*]03-xx-2008 - Got engaged - two people on opposite sides of the world

[*]05-xx-2008 - 2nd Trip (2wks) - Engagement/Marriage/Consummation

[*]06-12-2008 - Filed I-130 (CR-1) with Vermont Service Center

[*]12-xx-2008 - 3rd Trip (4wks)

[*]06-05-2009 - Interview at 9:00am at HCMC Consulate (result: blue)

[*]07-08-2009 - Submitted RFE: Beneficiary's Relatives & Evidence of Relationship

[*]08-xx-2009 - 4th Trip (4wks)

[*]10-07-2009 - AP 91 days - Result: APPROVED!!

[*]10-31-2009 - POE: Detroit, MI

[*]11-18-2009 - Social Security Card

[*]11-20-2009 - Green Card

[*]01-21-2010 - Driver's License

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]02/07/2011 - Renew Vietnam Passport

[*]07/30/2011 - Process of Removing Conditions Begins

[*]09/25/2011 - Date of I-751

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

[*]10/19/2011 - Biometrics

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Short list:

1. TB test
  2. HIV test
  3. physical
  4. psychological exams
...i'm sure they test other things too...

Ineligibilities

More information about classes of aliens ineligible to receive U.S. visas is available on the State Department's Consular Affairs website at http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/ineligib...ities_1364.html.

U.S. immigration laws are designed to protect the health, welfare, and security of our country. According to U.S. law, certain applicants are ineligible to receive immigrant visas.

Examples of applicants who must be refused visas are:

Applicants who have a communicable disease such as tuberculosis or HIV;

Applicants who have a dangerous physical or mental disorder or are drug addicts;

Applicants who have committed serious criminal acts, including crimes involving moral turpitude, drug trafficking, and prostitution;

Applicants who are terrorists, subversives, or members of a totalitarian party or former Nazi war criminals;

Applicants who are likely to become public charges of the United States; and/or

Applicants who have used fraud or other illegal means to enter the United States.

http://hochiminh.usconsulate.gov/iv/ineligibilities.html

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

[*]12-xx-2007 - 1st Trip (6wks) & Met him halfway around the world

[*]03-xx-2008 - Got engaged - two people on opposite sides of the world

[*]05-xx-2008 - 2nd Trip (2wks) - Engagement/Marriage/Consummation

[*]06-12-2008 - Filed I-130 (CR-1) with Vermont Service Center

[*]12-xx-2008 - 3rd Trip (4wks)

[*]06-05-2009 - Interview at 9:00am at HCMC Consulate (result: blue)

[*]07-08-2009 - Submitted RFE: Beneficiary's Relatives & Evidence of Relationship

[*]08-xx-2009 - 4th Trip (4wks)

[*]10-07-2009 - AP 91 days - Result: APPROVED!!

[*]10-31-2009 - POE: Detroit, MI

[*]11-18-2009 - Social Security Card

[*]11-20-2009 - Green Card

[*]01-21-2010 - Driver's License

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]02/07/2011 - Renew Vietnam Passport

[*]07/30/2011 - Process of Removing Conditions Begins

[*]09/25/2011 - Date of I-751

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

[*]10/19/2011 - Biometrics

Timeline

The second hospital is the International Organization for Migration, and I've heard it's a swamp compared to Cho Ray. Many people who've gone to the IOM don't recommend it.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

The second hospital is the International Organization for Migration, and I've heard it's a swamp compared to Cho Ray. Many people who've gone to the IOM don't recommend it.

Well actually I would disagree on this. My wife chose IOM and they're really good with everything. The doctor tell my wife to strip down everything and was very professional about it. I also came to visit IOM and the place is very professional and plus airconditioning. Not like Cho Ray, it is a mess in there. Good luck to which ever you chose, they both do the same.

event.png

Timeline

I asked my wife. She went to Cho Ray. She had heard alot of bad things about IOM, so she didn't want to go there.

As far as NOTABLE PLACES, you might try a riverboat cruise. Go check out BINH THAN market (It's HUGE).

We also went to AN DONG waterpark, it's pretty lame compared to waterparks in the US but it was nice to cool off.

Filed Removal of Conditions: 11/05/10

Rec'd NOA1: 11/08/10

Biometrics: 12/22/10

10 YR Greencard: 03/03/11 APPROVED

10 YR Greencard Rec'd: 03/08/11 RECEIVED

My wife went to Cho Ray and had a very good experience. Remember that the conditions are in the eye of the beholder. You cannot measure facilities in VN to US standards. I think the most important thing is for the person going to the physical to be comfortable and confident. The sound of the IOM was a little intimidating to my wife so she chose Cho Ray. Physical one day and results I think 2 days later.

You can go anywhere for a pre-screen if you pay for it. As stated before the results don't count, but for many, the peace of mind is worth it.

Timeline

I may be wrong, but I recall seeing a post a long time ago regarding a girl that went to IOM for her medical.

A male worker at the facility took her phone number off her paperwork, and started to make harassing phone calls to her.

Filed Removal of Conditions: 11/05/10

Rec'd NOA1: 11/08/10

Biometrics: 12/22/10

10 YR Greencard: 03/03/11 APPROVED

10 YR Greencard Rec'd: 03/08/11 RECEIVED

I may be wrong, but I recall seeing a post a long time ago regarding a girl that went to IOM for her medical.

A male worker at the facility took her phone number off her paperwork, and started to make harassing phone calls to her.

wOW, that's messed up. If you look at IOM, they're a big organization. I'm gonna make a world of hurt on them if something like this happened to my wife. I guess we're lucky this time.

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.